Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 22-12-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194494)
is not about jlb. It more about if your software development team boss is a FT or the hiring HR is a FT, most likely all the other new hire will be from the same country.

I dun think is harder to get in if you have the right certification. However, for the pay part is true, if i have the demanding cert, i wun go to govt. FI will be a better choices.

Damn I picked GVT over a asset management company. Guess fooked myself? Keke

Unregistered 22-12-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194494)
is not about jlb. It more about if your software development team boss is a FT or the hiring HR is a FT, most likely all the other new hire will be from the same country.

I dun think is harder to get in if you have the right certification. However, for the pay part is true, if i have the demanding cert, i wun go to govt. FI will be a better choices.

FI = financial industry?

Unregistered 22-12-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194604)

WLB > $?

Go FI, got money no time/life spend, what's the point?

Unregistered 22-12-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194628)
WLB > $?

Go FI, got money no time/life spend, what's the point?

You sure FI no elb?

Unregistered 23-12-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194604)

Most people I know don't like to work WITH govtech but how is it like working in there? Can share?

Unregistered 23-12-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194712)
Most people I know don't like to work WITH govtech but how is it like working in there? Can share?

Why don’t like to work with?

Tbh, other than a little of culture shook (was in private) and e many red tapes, I guess I’m very fortunate to have very capable and technically inclined RO (reporting officer) and teammates.

This is my observation so far, am a newbie still.

Unregistered 23-12-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194719)

Tbh, other than a little of culture shook (was in private) and e many red tapes, I guess I’m very fortunate to have very capable and technically inclined RO (reporting officer) and teammates.

You’re not the one who direct handle with them right ?

Unregistered 23-12-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194719)

Because govtech people are very kiasi, do projects with them they will ask a lot of questions and every single detail need justification and validation. Do you do any technical work or most of the time just manage vendors?

Unregistered 23-12-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194775)
Because govtech people are very kiasi, do projects with them they will ask a lot of questions and every single detail need justification and validation. Do you do any technical work or most of the time just manage vendors?

Of cause la bro, else happy happy do this and that meh. You will probably be the same if in their shoes too.

Unregistered 23-12-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194775)

Nowadays if want to manage also need to know technical else confirm tio smoke gaogao