Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

wilsonc 14-08-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143796)
if you are looking for progression and you are new to the field, best is to go to boutique. life is tough there but at the end of the day you will learn a lot and most properly have a lot of security cert....

go look at f secure, sec consulting, centurion, horangi.......

Hmm, I think those companies are quite hard to get in as a fresh grad unless you have certs like OSCP already. Are you working in one of them?

Unregistered 16-08-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonc (Post 143884)
Hmm, I think those companies are quite hard to get in as a fresh grad unless you have certs like OSCP already. Are you working in one of them?

Yes, I am in one of them. Not really required cert... Just you need to show them your interest and be really to take 4-5 cert from offsec and Crest in the first yr. This is what my boss expected me to have that time

Unregistered 17-08-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143960)
Yes, I am in one of them. Not really required cert... Just you need to show them your interest and be really to take 4-5 cert from offsec and Crest in the first yr. This is what my boss expected me to have that time

Are you from local u or have good github portfolio? Last year before covid I applied Centurion, Horangi pentester role but didn't get any reply from them :(

Unregistered 17-08-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonc (Post 142082)
Hi all, I see a lot of information about software engineer career in SG but not so much for cybersecurity/infosecurity so decided to make one thread here. Hopefully more people can share their career path, salary and working experience here.

To start it off, I am a fresh grad from a private uni and just started my career in cybersecurity as an engineer (mainly SIEM deployment/configuration). My salary is low 3k working in a local cybersecurity company.

I only started working for a couple of months so not much to share as of now.

Looking forward to your sharing!

Which local cybersecurity company ?

wilsonc 01-09-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144035)
Which local cybersecurity company ?

Company name starts with E, very easy to guess haha.

Unregistered 02-09-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonc (Post 144843)
Company name starts with E, very easy to guess haha.

Ensign aka Quann amazing eCop

Unregistered 03-09-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonc (Post 142165)
Mainly doing deployment/onboarding for siem, log source etc. I agree that working in this industry have to keep learning and go for certs.

Try to minimal log source boarding & setup job as not much value .

Focus on security solution .

My 2 cents advice .

Unregistered 20-01-2021 07:36 PM

Try CSA/DSTA, they pay higher

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:00 PM

Seem like government is focusing pretty a lot on cybersecurity. Massively recruiting

Unregistered 22-01-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154582)
Try CSA/DSTA, they pay higher

join sunny gogogo