Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 16-10-2021 01:31 PM

Big 4 cyber consulting

Hello

Need opinions on big 4 consulting. Currently at a SOC for singtel’s cyber arm but considering doing a compliance/privacy role for one of the big 4 as I’ve had internship experience and am just wanting to go to a less technical role.

Biggest concern now is that I’m earning 4.2k and have only SOC experience for 2 years. Went for interview for a privacy role. Interviewer told me that I might need to start afresh (presumably at an associate level?) not sure if I’ll get a pay cut or can they match my pay? How much will they offer roughly?

Big 4 firm that I’m referring to is the black one. I understand that they don’t really pay that well but can they match your current pay usually or do they not care at all generally?

Unregistered 16-10-2021 03:10 PM

Anyone know the starting salary for LTA cybersecurity engineer for fresh grad with 2nd upper from local uni?

Unregistered 17-10-2021 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186651)
Hello

Need opinions on big 4 consulting. Currently at a SOC for singtel’s cyber arm but considering doing a compliance/privacy role for one of the big 4 as I’ve had internship experience and am just wanting to go to a less technical role.

Biggest concern now is that I’m earning 4.2k and have only SOC experience for 2 years. Went for interview for a privacy role. Interviewer told me that I might need to start afresh (presumably at an associate level?) not sure if I’ll get a pay cut or can they match my pay? How much will they offer roughly?

Big 4 firm that I’m referring to is the black one. I understand that they don’t really pay that well but can they match your current pay usually or do they not care at all generally?

4.2k for SOC analyst with 2 years exp is really low.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 02:16 AM

Quote:

Hello

4.2k is garbage

They'll most likely match.. Which sucks. You should be getting more when you job hop.

This is why you never stay at a low paying company for more than a year.. It'll pigeon hole you into that crap low pay because companies need ur last drawn salary for their TC calculation

Unregistered 17-10-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Hello

they will match the number of working experience to the grade level. meaning they will just offer you lets say associate 2 and give you the associate 2 pay.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178680)
Depends what your goal? Inhouse will be admin, vendor wise will be engineer mostly. I know E***** hiring vigorously for their splunk team, please dont tell me you're going there...

How much does the E * * * * * company paying for freshie now ?

Unregistered 28-10-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186662)
Anyone know the starting salary for LTA cybersecurity engineer for fresh grad with 2nd upper from local uni?

Best place for cybersecurity in government is GovTech or CSIT

Unregistered 29-10-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188343)
How much does the E * * * * * company paying for freshie now ?

3k+ lower than Singtel and ST.

Unregistered 29-10-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188354)
Best place for cybersecurity in government is GovTech or CSIT

Yes i agree.

Better life compare to join as vendor.

vendor will work until no day no night.

Unregistered 29-10-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188361)
3k+ lower than Singtel and ST.

Seem like trolling...far away from govtech