Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

DBS tech seed programme

Old 16-06-2021, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am the Third Class Honours EE OP of post #689. At least, I thought I was going to be Third Class Honours before the release of results earlier this month. I have just made it into Second Lower Honours with my final year project and elective modules.

Honours classification aside, I decided to just accept it considering the situation for finding jobs and how other applications would likely turn out. And also to attend an introduction session. I heard an overview of what the bank plans to do over the next few years, got to know seniors of, and ask what I could be doing in the group I am assigned to. Was hoping to do something that was more EE related as a first career. Guess I'll be part of the significant minority of EE grads that don't go into an EE career after graduation.

See you at the start of July.

Hi EEE grad, pls do not join Tech Seed or any SWE role for that matter. SWE and other CS jobs are for CS students! How would you feel if CS students take over your low skilled job of replacing blown light bulbs? I know EE students like you are not intellectually superior enough to understand that CS jobs require high level of computing knowledge that the EE syllabus simply does not offer. Pls fk off and not destroy our prestigious reputation!

Old 16-06-2021, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi EEE grad, pls do not join Tech Seed or any SWE role for that matter. SWE and other CS jobs are for CS students! How would you feel if CS students take over your low skilled job of replacing blown light bulbs? I know EE students like you are not intellectually superior enough to understand that CS jobs require high level of computing knowledge that the EE syllabus simply does not offer. Pls fk off and not destroy our prestigious reputation!
NUS Trainee spotted

Old 16-06-2021, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Default CS used to be a dumping ground. What prestige was there previously before now?

Quote:
Was computing prestigious from the start like medicine and law? If it was not for the smartphone and social media going mainstream would computing be as prestigious as it is now? It was a "nice to have" and was a dumping ground up to the late 1990s/early 2000s. I would like to have what you are smoking as I would like to get as high and mighty as you are. Unless you are saying that what you smoke as a CS-trained person is too much for any and all non-CS-trained people's brains to handle.

More prestigious universities must have gotten their sh*t very wrong when they decided to couple EE with CS into a department. Need to maintain the purity of CS. /s

Old 16-06-2021, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are your kidneys fine? Are you on dialysis? You seem so salty I am concered about how damaged your kidneys might be from the amount of salt in your system.
Old 16-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
How would you feel if CS students take over your low skilled job of replacing blown light bulbs?
If it enables you to better understand the hardware that runs your code, I don't see why not. Actually, I think Computer Engineering students do that in some way. You going to rubbish your Computer Engineering half-siblings? Or is Computer Engineering a hellspawn of the unholy matrimony of CS and EE that should not have existed?

Quote:
Pls fk off and not destroy our prestigious reputation!
Besides Engineering (in general), please tell that to Arts, Biz, and Sci students both with and without minors/double majors/double degree in Computing. Let's draw the line thicc and clearly so no one not from Computing dares to cross the line into forbidden territory.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 17-06-2021, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Non CS majors in tech jobs are fake software engineers!

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 18-06-2021, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Which one of you SEEDers caused this

s://.straitstimes.com/business/banking/glitch-in-dbs-banking-services-with-customers-double-charged-for-transactions-on

SINGAPORE - DBS Bank customers have flagged a glitch in the lender's banking services, with several of them saying that they were charged twice for transactions made on credit and debit cards.

The bank said on Friday (June 18) that it is aware of duplicate transactions on selected cards and is investigating to make refunds.
Old 20-06-2021, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

Had a EEE NTU student in the techtrek session, I was like wtf how did this guy get here. When it comes to the actual coding session my god he sucked so bad.
Old 20-06-2021, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Had a EEE NTU student in the techtrek session, I was like wtf how did this guy get here. When it comes to the actual coding session my god he sucked so bad.
Same.. I'm from NTU EEE and saw a NUS CS student struggling to code as well. Don't worry, everyone was stunned. NUS CS like to talk dragon talk phoenix but zero when it comes to coding! LOL
Old 20-06-2021, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Same here. I got in without knowing any framework for web dev. I only went in knowing the basics of C++ and python and I have a moderate amount of experience making GUI application. I dont even have a degree in CS or computer related field. The road ahead is long lol
To those CS students who think they are so great, pls join FAANGS. Its obvious DBS is willing to put in time and effort to train up anyone as long anyone has taken one or two programming mods. As what everyone says, you don't need a CS degree to be a SWE. Must be hurtful isn't it?