Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 21-01-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154462)
Why yall don't go grab/shopee/lazada/bytedance/fb/google instead? DBS no experience people to lead freshers leh, wont learn much. also low pay and progression

Are you someone inside DBS?
What evidence support ur hypothesis?

Unregistered 21-01-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154371)
I am, got the invite about two weeks after submission

Hope to cya at the Hackathon!

Unregistered 24-01-2021 12:12 AM

Anyone signing the onboarding form?
It's a pain to input fields.
Can't get to the page to select the values for most of the required fields...

Unregistered 24-01-2021 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155021)
Anyone signing the onboarding form?
It's a pain to input fields.
Can't get to the page to select the values for most of the required fields...

Dont have such issue ??

Unregistered 25-01-2021 05:05 PM

Question

Hi any current DBS seeder can give some insights on the jobs they are doing now?
Do you enjoy the work or just mundane repetitive work like maintenance?

Unregistered 25-01-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Why yall don't go grab/shopee/lazada/bytedance/fb/google instead? DBS no experience people to lead freshers leh, wont learn much. also low pay and progression

scrub ma not good enough

Unregistered 28-01-2021 09:08 PM

Offer

Hi guys, I got my offer for 2021 Jul batch alr cheers

Unregistered 29-01-2021 11:08 AM

anyone attending the 5th march hackathon?

Unregistered 31-01-2021 07:45 PM

Any ex SEEDers who stayed after the 2 year contract? What can we expect after 2 years?

Unregistered 31-01-2021 08:11 PM

Dbs seed work location

Hi can any current/previous Seeders tell us where are you guys situated at? I heard that most of the Seeders will be working at Changi business park. Is that true?

Unregistered 31-01-2021 11:09 PM

How come the bonus is stated so vaguely one. Is the bonus very low?

Unregistered 01-02-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155499)
How come the bonus is stated so vaguely one. Is the bonus very low?

Bonus depends on department i thought

DRob 01-02-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155506)
Bonus depends on department i thought

Thanks for the explanation!

Unregistered 01-02-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Are you sure? Go take a look at the postings on mcf. The salaries at DBS are obviously better by a good margin.

Unregistered 06-02-2021 12:33 PM

anyone participating the techtrek in march? hmu for some intellectual discussions pls

Unregistered 10-02-2021 10:39 AM

Will be taking part in the hackathon on the 5th March, under cybersecurity. Anyone know what to expect because what I understand is that it is different than dev/DevOps hacakthons

Unregistered 10-02-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155516)
Are you sure? Go take a look at the postings on mcf. The salaries at DBS are obviously better by a good margin.

dude DBS is a local bank aka dinosaur compared to those dynamic, cutting edge companies. You want a proper tech career? Local bank is not the way to go bro.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 06:59 PM

Enquiry

Hey guys I just did the challenges on HackTrail. Didn’t do well for the problem solving MCQ but managed to clear the other 3. Does that mean I won’t be eligible for the next round / hackathon?

Piyush 18-02-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156059)
dude DBS is a local bank aka dinosaur compared to those dynamic, cutting edge companies. You want a proper tech career? Local bank is not the way to go bro.

How dare you belittle Development Bank of India and their legion of skilled CECA professionals. Uptron > NUS any day.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156499)
Hey guys I just did the challenges on HackTrail. Didn’t do well for the problem solving MCQ but managed to clear the other 3. Does that mean I won’t be eligible for the next round / hackathon?

They shortlist a lot of people for the techtrek one. And a lot of the people who were shortlisted also didn't get every hacktrail question correct. The average quality of the people going to techtrek quite low one so don't worry man.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156504)
They shortlist a lot of people for the techtrek one. And a lot of the people who were shortlisted also didn't get every hacktrail question correct. The average quality of the people going to techtrek quite low one so don't worry man.

Thank you so much for the re-assurance!!

Unregistered 20-02-2021 07:53 PM

I accidentally clicked on the deny camera access when doing one of the questions on hackertrail. How do I go about it to do the questions again? Much need help, thanks

Unregistered 20-02-2021 09:50 PM

Left DBS bank recently, was the first batch of SEED prog, many of my batchmates left as well. A lot of time is spent on actually managing people doing the projects, not so much on actually programming since a lot of things are outsourced. Aside from the jokes about CECA etc., we deal with a lot of programmers from India so you really need a lot of patience and have to repeat a lot of times lol. Dont expect those in tech at DBS to be proficient in their technical skills/knowledge, the barrier to entry quite low. My batchmate's had a new supervisor from a big US bank come in, easily earn 5 digit don't even do much work, but had to ask my batchmate about everything, cause 0 knowledge.
Probably a good place for the 'name' or if you can't find a job (which was me)

Unregistered 21-02-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156676)
I accidentally clicked on the deny camera access when doing one of the questions on hackertrail. How do I go about it to do the questions again? Much need help, thanks

I had this issue as well. You need to email the hackertrail team!

Unregistered 21-02-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156682)
Left DBS bank recently, was the first batch of SEED prog, many of my batchmates left as well. A lot of time is spent on actually managing people doing the projects, not so much on actually programming since a lot of things are outsourced. Aside from the jokes about CECA etc., we deal with a lot of programmers from India so you really need a lot of patience and have to repeat a lot of times lol. Dont expect those in tech at DBS to be proficient in their technical skills/knowledge, the barrier to entry quite low. My batchmate's had a new supervisor from a big US bank come in, easily earn 5 digit don't even do much work, but had to ask my batchmate about everything, cause 0 knowledge.

No serious programmer would join a bank imo, especially DBS, OCBC, UOB. They outsource too much of their tech work overseas or to vendors so you're absolutely right, it's more of managing these people than doing proper work.

Unregistered 23-02-2021 06:02 PM

Can renege after accepting offer?

Currently applying for another job and will only get offer in April. Just wondering if its possible to renege after accepting offer from DBS?

Jones the grocer 23-02-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156870)
Currently applying for another job and will only get offer in April. Just wondering if its possible to renege after accepting offer from DBS?

Just don't show up for work lor

Unregistered 23-02-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jones the grocer (Post 156874)
Just don't show up for work lor

The contract is legally binding. If you want to renege, just email the HR ASAP.

jones the grocer 23-02-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156878)
The contract is legally binding. If you want to renege, just email the HR ASAP.

Only matters if they choose to enforce it. You think they'd waste the resources over a fresh grad?

Unregistered 27-02-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156682)

For those who stays what happened to them? Do they continue in DBS or after 2 years it is over?

Unregistered 28-02-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157298)
For those who stays what happened to them? Do they continue in DBS or after 2 years it is over?

Good performers get recontract. Poor performers kena kick out. If you attended the techtrek, you should more or less know where most people who would want to join DBS SEED stand liao...

Unregistered 01-03-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157316)
Good performers get recontract. Poor performers kena kick out. If you attended the techtrek, you should more or less know where most people who would want to join DBS SEED stand liao...

Eh, idek how true is this, but I heard that most of the real good ones will zao even before the contract ends. 2nd hand info tho, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Unregistered 02-03-2021 10:52 AM

Wah I thought this program no need programming background de but then they send some coding challenge and fail. Sian sia

wacco365 02-03-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157454)
Wah I thought this program no need programming background de but then they send some coding challenge and fail. Sian sia

IKR wtf .

Unregistered 05-03-2021 08:42 PM

anyone who attended tech trek today and received offer alr?

Unregistered 05-03-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157454)

Wah piang eh, tech program of course need to know programming lah. The online assessment so easy, you spend a few days learning the basics and then just recreate another account and apply again lah. Techtrek just act act a bit and let groupmate tank can liao.

Unregistered 05-03-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157877)
Wah piang eh, tech program of course need to know programming lah. The online assessment so easy, you spend a few days learning the basics and then just recreate another account and apply again lah. Techtrek just act act a bit and let groupmate tank can liao.

I pity your groupmate 🤣🤣

Unregistered 08-03-2021 12:22 PM

Anyone receive the offer email already?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 01:36 PM

AVP / Senior Associate, Full Stack Application Developer

Hi, I'm interested in this job position. From job street seems like only need 3 years...

Can be AVP?
Is this real?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 01:49 PM

Can anyone let me know if I join this track will I get to promo jooted to
SVP/VP, Lead Software Engineer..
Cause if can its amazing cause every seldom software people can get senior vice president or vice president title and still be proficient in the software aspect of it.

Also how much would a svp/VP salary be like?

10k to 15k to 20k?

Yes I'm looking for title jobs.
I rather be a VP in dbs with lower pay than a senior in shopee but working like slave