Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 24-08-2022 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228863)
19 October if I am not wrong

Thank you so much, I cannot access my email atm so can't check lol

it's 6 weeks right? first week in person orientation?

Unregistered 25-08-2022 12:46 AM

have those who said they can start in September received the onboarding email yet?

Unregistered 25-08-2022 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228897)
have those who said they can start in September received the onboarding email yet?

Starting in Sep too, but no on-boarding email except for the previous one weeks ago asking to provide additional documents.

Unregistered 07-09-2022 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213525)
it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins

This is true. Burn weekends

Unregistered 21-09-2022 11:02 AM

Does anybody know when will application open for 2023 SEED? it's already nearing the end of Q3..

Unregistered 22-09-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins

Sadly this is true, I have heard horror stories in those departments.

Unregistered 26-09-2022 11:19 PM

Just got posted to MBFC on 3 oct... The email wrote to report in work attire that i am comfortable in. Can wear t shirt and long pants?

Unregistered 26-09-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231303)
Just got posted to MBFC on 3 oct... The email wrote to report in work attire that i am comfortable in. Can wear t shirt and long pants?

More comfortable if you wear pyjamas there

Unregistered 27-09-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231303)

Are you posted there or just there for orientation?

Unregistered 27-09-2022 07:19 PM

Heard rumors that this program is closed and no longer open in 2023? Some of my friends who did hackathon early this year and passed but asked for Jan 2023 intake just got told that position is no longer available

seems like economy quite bad huh? shopee mass layoff, citibank closing branches overseas, FAANG companies also freeze hiring.

Stay safe guys. Tech market dying already.

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231356)
Heard rumors that this program is closed and no longer open in 2023? Some of my friends who did hackathon early this year and passed but asked for Jan 2023 intake just got told that position is no longer available

seems like economy quite bad huh? shopee mass layoff, citibank closing branches overseas, FAANG companies also freeze hiring.

Haha you are funny

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231356)

Eh FAANG still hiring la bro

Only dbs seed closing cos all noobs mass hire also useless tats why lolol

Everyone going to citibank 6.5k program liao

Unregistered 30-09-2022 10:46 AM

Where is the link for the CITI Tech job application portal

Unregistered 01-10-2022 09:12 AM

Anyone else just applied for 2023 intake but havent received the link to the IQ/coding test?

Just got a template reply informing the application has been received

Unregistered 03-10-2022 10:36 PM

Tech is not dying la bro. Just consolidating. U think this world can operate without tech?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 02:55 AM

Anyone knows the date for the next TT hackathon?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 09:41 AM

Normally how many hackathons TT are there for each recruitment period?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Everything is true except the tech stack part. You're over exaggerating on that part but other than that yes, work life balance is non existence, most of the seeders are non tech idiots and retards like me from cs joined this because we were hoping we can finish task fast, spend the rest of our working time grinding LeetCode and finding better opportunities while getting paid.

Unfortunately that didn't work out. Most of us work like dogs, 9 to 9... Burn weekends.

I don't fking know for what. You finish ur tasks also they just assign you more from backlog. All these CONTRACT devs can't do their work so they pass to us seeders.

Their whole pipeline process is a mess. CI CD always failing.

Remember their app going down? No surprise lol their code base looks like it was written by 100 different people. Same code file can have 5 different styling and variable naming abuse. Some camel case, some all caps, some written like this "var1" "var2" ...

Wow... Many of my friends are also seeing the same thing in their team.

I finally understand why people talk so much trash about this program. I thought they were trolling... Sian I only wish I believed these people back then. Too late for regrets.

Unregistered 04-10-2022 05:10 PM

Why are they recruiting so many seeders? Just curious

Unregistered 04-10-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231942)
Why are they recruiting so many seeders? Just curious

i dunno about now but last time my 2020 batch of 120+ ppl, 70+ quit after first year cos no bonus or pay inc or shag work life... we made a teams chat for our batch then slowly see a few by a few become "inactive" and removes from chat lol

Unregistered 04-10-2022 07:00 PM

2023 intake

Anyone applied for the 2023 jan intake and received the link to the IQ test / tech test alrdy? Applied last week but still havent received the link

Unregistered 04-10-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231952)
Anyone applied for the 2023 jan intake and received the link to the IQ test / tech test alrdy? Applied last week but still havent received the link

ya just got mine yesterday noonish, i applied last friday night

its some jim bot right?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231949)
i dunno about now but last time my 2020 batch of 120+ ppl, 70+ quit after first year cos no bonus or pay inc or shag work life... we made a teams chat for our batch then slowly see a few by a few become "inactive" and removes from chat lol

Hi based on yr experience, how many seeders stay after the two-year program?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231955)
Hi based on yr experience, how many seeders stay after the two-year program?

i think quite few, maybe 10+ people?

the rest all go join other banks as associate and get higher pay

Unregistered 04-10-2022 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231970)

Thank you 😊

Unregistered 06-10-2022 09:03 AM

No link from JIM bot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231954)
ya just got mine yesterday noonish, i applied last friday night

its some jim bot right?

Huh legit ah? I still havent received any followup since the acknowledgement email. Do you mind sharing with me your ‘submission’ status on taleo? Mine is still at ‘Resume Acknowledged’

Unregistered 07-10-2022 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232072)
Huh legit ah? I still havent received any followup since the acknowledgement email. Do you mind sharing with me your ‘submission’ status on taleo? Mine is still at ‘Resume Acknowledged’

Same.. applied on sat, still no response....

Unregistered 07-10-2022 08:31 AM

I actually applied on friday so one day before you😂 if everyone else hasn’t received the link to the tests then i think we can relax abit but if other ppl start receiving alrdy then things are not looking good

I have emailed the dbs staff and they said the application process has changed, give them 2 weeks to follow up from initial application.

Maybe they send everyone the test link anymore🥹

Unregistered 07-10-2022 10:31 PM

Hmm I applied last Monday and got the DBS Career acknowledgement email saying 2 weeks also but yesterday I got my online test tho..

Can anyone help me? hahah I see the hackerrank got 2 coding questions, 2 MCQ and 1 bonus, quite scared, I haven't click begin yet.

Unregistered 09-10-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231970)

What are the other reasons so few seeders stay after two years?

Unregistered 09-10-2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232309)
What are the other reasons so few seeders stay after two years?

I'm not OP but I know a few school alumnis who stayed after 2 years, met them during a school event and they basically told me they stayed because they were lucky to be in a small LOBT team that basically works 9 to 5PM, no OT, fairly high bonus and incredibly laxed work. ( Mostly just building PoCs and maintaining servers )

They were also able to go from SEED to Associate (2 years) to Senior Associate (8 months) then AVP after 1-2 years thereafter.

Quite fast progression, their pay progression is like this:

5k as SEEDer ( 1st year )
6.5k as associate ( after 2 years of SEED )
8.0k as senior associate ( 8 months after completing SEED )
9.6k as AVP ( 1-2 years after holding SA role )

OF course this is not for everyone so if you're unlucky then you'll leave. Every company has this anyway, it's not DBS exclusive. FAANG also, some people become Senior SWE within 2 years while others are still SWE 2 after 4 years.

Unregistered 10-10-2022 10:19 AM

Has anybody still not received the jim bot exercise?

Unregistered 10-10-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232154)
Same.. applied on sat, still no response....

i applied on sat as well, till now still at 'resume acknowledged'

Unregistered 10-10-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

nope, i applied on 1 oct. now going 2nd week le still no response from them.

Unregistered 14-10-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

Have you received?

Unregistered 15-10-2022 12:33 PM

SEED application update

Previously applied on 30/9/2022 but until now still not contacted by the bot to provide me with the resources to take the technical / iq test.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Unregistered 15-10-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232670)
Previously applied on 30/9/2022 but until now still not contacted by the bot to provide me with the resources to take the technical / iq test.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

me too. When I applied for last year's (2022) recruitment drive, i received the bot link within a day, but for 2023 intake, it's been two weeks with no response

Unregistered 17-10-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232675)
me too. When I applied for last year's (2022) recruitment drive, i received the bot link within a day, but for 2023 intake, it's been two weeks with no response

Any updates about your application?

Unregistered 17-10-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232796)
Any updates about your application?

No update, on taleo is still resume acknowledged. Did you/anybody else receive any updates?

Unregistered 17-10-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232813)
No update, on taleo is still resume acknowledged. Did you/anybody else receive any updates?

when did you apply? did you try to email them for follow up?