Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2022 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226329)
If still under selection got chance will get shortlisted later on?

Don’t think so …

Unregistered 25-07-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226328)
Means I need to sell butt already?

No la relax...

I got a few seniors inside the program, they tell me got a lot of random degree people inside who don't even know what the difference between Python and JS are...

As long as you contributed something during the TT, you will definitely get in lol. Also last I heard from the previous batch, they gave a talk about the SEED intake, since 2017 they've been increasing the intake.

Next intake should be 300+.

Unregistered 25-07-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226338)
No la relax...

I got a few seniors inside the program, they tell me got a lot of random degree people inside who don't even know what the difference between Python and JS are...

As long as you contributed something during the TT, you will definitely get in lol. Also last I heard from the previous batch, they gave a talk about the SEED intake, since 2017 they've been increasing the intake.

Thanks for the reassurance. Hope this is true lol. otherwise need sell butt too :D

Unregistered 25-07-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226344)
Thanks for the reassurance. Hope this is true lol. otherwise need sell butt too :D

GG, my girlfriend gonna broke up with me already …

Unregistered 25-07-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226347)
GG, my girlfriend gonna broke up with me already …

you dont need a gf when your about to sell ur butt

Unregistered 25-07-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226338)
No la relax...

bruh u playing or what sia LOLLL u mistake java and javascript i facepalm alr la but wtf how u even gna mix python and js

SEED rly aint tech

Unregistered 26-07-2022 03:58 PM

sad, still no call from hr...

Unregistered 26-07-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226381)
sad, still no call from hr...

See you at red light district ….

Unregistered 26-07-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226382)
See you at red light district ….

gonna be colleague or visiting me?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226383)
gonna be colleague or visiting me?

Of course is visit you with my 5.5k

Unregistered 26-07-2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226398)
Of course is visit you with my 5.5k

and wait for you to be kicked out 2 years later and join me?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 10:59 PM

status from selection to completed... what does it means?

Unregistered 27-07-2022 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226425)
status from selection to completed... what does it means?

100% rejected , i got the same thing before , this my 2nd time applying for seed i tried in jan and also got selection to completed then nothing for months

Unregistered 27-07-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226435)
100% rejected , i got the same thing before , this my 2nd time applying for seed i tried in jan and also got selection to completed then nothing for months

why bro? u cant find any other offers?

Unregistered 27-07-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226435)

thanks.. guess need give up already sigh.

Unregistered 27-07-2022 12:47 PM

wa sibei jialat, this lj program also u get rejected? how is this possible

100% confirm ur background check fail, cannot be assessment fail... this program is a running joke among cs grads cos all the idiots inside are 100% theory and 0% actual coding skills lol and the cs grads who actually join this must be either siao lang or use it as back up go find better jobs

Unregistered 27-07-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226452)
wa sibei jialat, this lj program also u get rejected? how is this possible

100% confirm ur background check fail, cannot be assessment fail... this program is a running joke among cs grads cos all the idiots inside are 100% theory and 0% actual coding skills lol and the cs grads who actually join this must be either siao lang or use it as back up go find better jobs

Sadly I am the joke, did a lot of coding during hackathon but end up got rejected …

Unregistered 27-07-2022 01:05 PM

Don’t know I feel sad now because of kena reject by dbs seed or feel like dbs seed is insulting my coding skills haha. Can’t believe they select ppl who can’t code over me …

Unregistered 27-07-2022 01:22 PM

Mine still under selection on taleo also no hope?

Unregistered 27-07-2022 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226456)
Mine still under selection on taleo also no hope?

Bro they only select ppl who don’t know how to code

Unregistered 27-07-2022 01:47 PM

Feels rough, I basically carried my team but still rejected

Unregistered 27-07-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226453)
Sadly I am the joke, did a lot of coding during hackathon but end up got rejected …

shag bro but cheer up la

i got female friends also cannot code at all ( they tell me they spend 4hrs just to write 1 react component together... lol ) but cos they female, they get in LOL

damn funny.. then once inside, they got asked to join some "girl who code" organization

Unregistered 27-07-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226460)
Feels rough, I basically carried my team but still rejected

Bro, they send you rejection email ah?

Unregistered 27-07-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226471)
Bro, they send you rejection email ah?

Nah they haven't, I saw the other posts saying means rejected.

I asked HR what the status meant and it turns out NO results have been released yet.

Starting to wonder who got notified last Sunday

Unregistered 27-07-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226482)

I asked HR what the status meant and it turns out NO results have been released yet.

Yeah sia wa Lau, who is that guy that said his team completed before lunch hour?! Make me almost go red light district sell butt sia wtf

Unregistered 27-07-2022 11:37 PM

Quote:

I see. But having different taleo status like selection/completed kinda means that they have already made a decision....

Unregistered 27-07-2022 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226499)
Yeah sia wa Lau, who is that guy that said his team completed before lunch hour?! Make me almost go red light district sell butt sia wtf

Tbh, you can't 100% believe what others say here. Some just trolling and trying to make you feel bad.

Although it is true that people with cs background may perform better than the rest, but that is all because they are from cs. Without cs background, they probably just perform normal like the rest. After all, it is a grad programme meant for people from different background. Hence, grad programme for a reason. If they think they so good in coding, join this programme for what when they say it is **** lol.

Unregistered 27-07-2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

HR still HR, they might have done callings to verbally notify candidates, but NO results release to them black&white via email. Dk whether it is a good thing to be in selection or completed.

Unregistered 28-07-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226510)
HR still HR, they might have done callings to verbally notify candidates, but NO results release to them black&white via email. Dk whether it is a good thing to be in selection or completed.

Diam la pubor

Unregistered 28-07-2022 12:54 AM

Hi. Just to leave my own experience. I also attended the recent TT6. I saw my taleo status turn from selection to completed and thought I was rejected. But the shortlisted email came after that for me. Not to give false hope but maybe wait abit longer cause still got chance.

Unregistered 28-07-2022 12:59 AM

Okay this time really shortlisted email come Liao. Fk the sun ppl -.-

Unregistered 28-07-2022 01:37 AM

Unregistered 28-07-2022 08:05 AM

Too many liars in this thread, let me share my experience.

I'm currently in the SEED program, my team finished around 2PM from last year's batch. I got my call on Sat noon, only after I signed my offer on taleo then it became "completed". When you get offered you will get a separate tab on taleo. DBS process is quite restricted hence a lot of it is manually done hence there's delays. Your taleo status means nothing, they can complete your checks without calling you first.

Some of you are applying for Jan 2023 right? I had to wait almost 2 months for my offer after TT so...

When I first joined in 2021, I had to go through 6 weeks of banking training. Mostly just online learning stuffs. We also had to do some volunteering thing for seniors called people of purpose. All of you have to do this every year.

We also had 0 tech training at all and quite a number of people have already quit because of that. They preach "on the job training" but the reality is that there's also no guarantee that you will be a developer even though you pick developer track, it's all 100% randomly assigned... which means you could be an Analyst or a Project Manager and do absolutely 0 code but prepare financial documents ( hence why there's 6 weeks of pure bank training )

You can only rotate after 1 year so if you're unlucky, you will never code for the first year. This is good news for those of you who don't give a crap about coding and just want the easy 5.5k.

Also the guy saying "join this program for what if they can code", like I said there's a high chance you won't get to code at all in your job. I know it says "tech" program but DBS has a different idea of what "tech" means.

Anyway good luck, be open minded and just enjoy your time. I'm on my way to office now, if any questions I can answer later on my phone during lunch or something.

Unregistered 28-07-2022 08:26 AM

Huat ah nonid sell butt anymore. Fugg the fake news sunday gang

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226527)
Huat ah nonid sell butt anymore. Fugg the fake news sunday gang

does shortlisted means will get offer email soon ah? idw to sell butt...

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226526)

I'm currently in the SEED program, my team finished around 2PM from last year's batch. I got my call on Sat noon, only after I signed my offer on taleo then it became "completed". When you get offered you will get a separate tab on taleo. DBS process is quite restricted hence a lot of it is manually done hence there's delays. Your taleo status means nothing, they can complete your checks without calling you first.

Some of you are applying for Jan 2023 right? I had to wait almost 2 months for my offer after TT so...

When I first joined in 2021, I had to go through 6 weeks of banking training. Mostly just online learning stuffs. We also had to do some volunteering thing for seniors called people of purpose. All of you have to do this every year.

We also had 0 tech training at all and quite a number of people have already quit because of that. They preach "on the job training" but the reality is that there's also no guarantee that you will be a developer even though you pick developer track, it's all 100% randomly assigned... which means you could be an Analyst or a Project Manager and do absolutely 0 code but prepare financial documents ( hence why there's 6 weeks of pure bank training )

You can only rotate after 1 year so if you're unlucky, you will never code for the first year. This is good news for those of you who don't give a crap about coding and just want the easy 5.5k.

Also the guy saying "join this program for what if they can code", like I said there's a high chance you won't get to code at all in your job. I know it says "tech" program but DBS has a different idea of what "tech" means.

Anyway good luck, be open minded and just enjoy your time. I'm on my way to office now, if any questions I can answer later on my phone during lunch or something.

Okay I don’t care whether got coding or not. But is there any salary increment?

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226526)

Thanks for sharing.. If they dont provide coding tranings, how do they ensure our skills for coding if we were to get into developer track? You mentioned analyst and project management, care to share more about the roles if didnt get into developer track?

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226531)
does shortlisted means will get offer email soon ah? idw to sell butt...

Bro u trolling or what? We most probably receive the same email around 12+, the email clearly states that they are doing background check and will send us a form to put our commencement date zzz. U confirm is the stupid sun ppl trolling here

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226535)
Bro u trolling or what? We most probably receive the same email around 12+, the email clearly states that they are doing background check and will send us a form to put our commencement date zzz. U confirm is the stupid sun ppl trolling here

Bro.. that's the way HR phrase right...we might just be backup and no news afterward. U can read up the older posts in 2021 and 2020. some got shortlisted and no news for very long.

Unregistered 28-07-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226536)
Bro.. that's the way HR phrase right...we might just be backup and no news afterward. U can read up the older posts in 2021 and 2020. some got shortlisted and no news for very long.

Aiya just see whether they got send us the form this week uh, if dont have then we go sell butt on monday la