Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 07-05-2021 06:51 PM

Anyone here after the latest techtrek:) Also any clue on how many people they might take from 150 peeps

Unregistered 07-05-2021 07:03 PM

They usually take around 10% each batch

Anyway, I'm currently in my second year at DBS after joining their SEED program. For the fresh grads who are attracted by the 5k starting salary, there are trade offs for this

First is the progression, which is almost non existent. It feels like they intend to keep you as associates for very long to get the ground work done instead of promoting you. Plus, salary increments are very very low too and the working hours is exhausting after long.

You might be better off at a tech firm or in another bank.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167986)
They usually take around 10% each batch

Anyway, I'm currently in my second year at DBS after joining their SEED program. For the fresh grads who are attracted by the 5k starting salary, there are trade offs for this

First is the progression, which is almost non existent. It feels like they intend to keep you as associates for very long to get the ground work done instead of promoting you. Plus, salary increments are very very low too and the working hours is exhausting after long.

You might be better off at a tech firm or in another bank.

Then why don't you look for other opportunities? Is there any reason for you to stay?

How is the turnover rate for SEEDers?

Unregistered 07-05-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167985)
Anyone here after the latest techtrek:) Also any clue on how many people they might take from 150 peeps

Me, but I don't think I'm going to get any offer... So sad. :')

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168002)
Then why don't you look for other opportunities? Is there any reason for you to stay?

How is the turnover rate for SEEDers?

I'm looking to exit after completing the 2nd year. Many of my peers are also too.

We're mainly trying to transit into tech firms after, but still applying

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168009)
I'm looking to exit after completing the 2nd year. Many of my peers are also too.

We're mainly trying to transit into tech firms after, but still applying

All the best to you! :)

Unregistered 08-05-2021 08:52 AM

anyone received their offer? or know when will we get the offer? Thanks and all the best

Unregistered 08-05-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168037)
anyone received their offer? or know when will we get the offer? Thanks and all the best

They actually get back quite fast though. For mine, it was the day after the techtrek.

All the best though!

Unregistered 08-05-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168002)
Then why don't you look for other opportunities? Is there any reason for you to stay?

How is the turnover rate for SEEDers?

My sources tell me that DBS tech division is hemorrhaging staff badly because they just paid out terrible bonuses and increments. For hot skillsets like DevOps the bleeding is even worse. I heard more than half of DBS DevOps team has left after collecting their bonuses in March. Just proves the point that local banks like to lowball their people.

Unregistered 08-05-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168042)
My sources tell me that DBS tech division is hemorrhaging staff badly because they just paid out terrible bonuses and increments. For hot skillsets like DevOps the bleeding is even worse. I heard more than half of DBS DevOps team has left after collecting their bonuses in March. Just proves the point that local banks like to lowball their people.

DBS don't intend to keep their SEEDers for long and are aware on the high turnover rates, thats why they hire so frequently and conduct so many techtreks.

As mentioned previously, if youre looking for a role with progression this is not suited for you.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2