Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 28-01-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200078)
u mean they send u the shortlist email and then they reject u ltr ? did they tell u why they reject u ?

No offer letter means you are backup waiting for those in the tier above to reject offer.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200081)
No offer letter means you are backup waiting for those in the tier above to reject offer.

got it. tks

Unregistered 28-01-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200081)
No offer letter means you are backup waiting for those in the tier above to reject offer.

I do not think that is true, I have seniors in Seed, they both said shortlisted just means they need to do background check before they can offer, rejected after shortlisted, likely fail due to background check

Unregistered 28-01-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200096)
I do not think that is true, I have seniors in Seed, they both said shortlisted just means they need to do background check before they can offer, rejected after shortlisted, likely fail due to background check

Did your seniors also share the timelines for them?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 04:59 PM

How long will it take before we know the outcome after getting shortlisted?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200096)
I do not think that is true, I have seniors in Seed, they both said shortlisted just means they need to do background check before they can offer, rejected after shortlisted, likely fail due to background check

How about people who's status are completed or selection?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200097)
Did your seniors also share the timelines for them?

One of them a week after the shortlisted email , the other 2 weeks.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200110)
One of them a week after the shortlisted email , the other 2 weeks.

Next week CNY, long wait ahead.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200042)
Anyone Taleo Status is completed and received the shortlisted pending background check email ?

i cant figured out why the change in status

I got the shortlisted pending background check earlier this week.

My Taleo status also got changed to completed today.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200159)
I got the shortlisted pending background check earlier this week.

My Taleo status also got changed to completed today.

do u know why ? btw whats ur group number ?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 200176)
do u know why ? Btw whats ur group number ?

7777777777777

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:59 AM

Status still at selection, although got shortlisted email on 26 :(

Unregistered 29-01-2022 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200176)
do u know why ? btw whats ur group number ?

They dont follow group number. Or if they rly do, it means im out even with the shortlist email.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200176)
do u know why ? btw whats ur group number ?


Probably they either going to offer or reject soon. It was a Friday anyway and next week cny. Maybe theyade their decision already.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200250)
Probably they either going to offer or reject soon. It was a Friday anyway and next week cny. Maybe theyade their decision already.

mine changed to completed on the day they sent the shortlist email (Wednesday)

Unregistered 29-01-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200250)
Probably they either going to offer or reject soon. It was a Friday anyway and next week cny. Maybe theyade their decision already.


r u a cs major or non CS ?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200257)
r u a cs major or non CS ?

Non-CS. You?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200255)
mine changed to completed on the day they sent the shortlist email (Wednesday)

What does it mean if status becomes completed? Did they give you the offer already?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200269)
Non-CS. You?

NON CS , anw we just wait aft CNY. I checked with HR, he say there are no prior example of people not getting offered after the shortlist email unless they failed the background check .

Unregistered 29-01-2022 04:50 PM

Just got offered to join techtrek 4 in end march - I'm wondering how much is needed (technical-skills wise) for the hackathon? As my current skillsets mostly revolve around only data mining/wrangling/analytics & machine learning (non CS student here)

Unregistered 29-01-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200282)
Just got offered to join techtrek 4 in end march - I'm wondering how much is needed (technical-skills wise) for the hackathon? As my current skillsets mostly revolve around only data mining/wrangling/analytics & machine learning (non CS student here)

R u a data science major? depends if u want help backend or front end, front end likely the people in the hack will use React andJs , backend express node js / python flask for API

Unregistered 29-01-2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200272)
What does it mean if status becomes completed? Did they give you the offer already?

This. Does anyone know?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200291)
This. Does anyone know?

Status says completed. Received shortlisted pending background check. Did not receive the actual offer yet though.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200282)
Just got offered to join techtrek 4 in end march - I'm wondering how much is needed (technical-skills wise) for the hackathon? As my current skillsets mostly revolve around only data mining/wrangling/analytics & machine learning (non CS student here)

Web development. Soft skills like communication too.

Before techtrek they'll give you "handbook" of things to prepare for.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 07:22 PM

Anyone received offers?

Unregistered 30-01-2022 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200295)
Status says completed. Received shortlisted pending background check. Did not receive the actual offer yet though.

Does completed mean they finished the background check?

Unregistered 30-01-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200392)
Does completed mean they finished the background check?

if you have not received your offers, it is likely you will receive the rejections soon

Unregistered 30-01-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200409)
if you have not received your offers, it is likely you will receive the rejections soon

Sure not, all the shortlisted email people above also havent received offers. All reject?

Unregistered 30-01-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200409)
if you have not received your offers, it is likely you will receive the rejections soon

i highly doubt so. I have checked with the HR, they willl only send rejection if a person failed the background check after getting shortlisted.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200283)
R u a data science major? depends if u want help backend or front end, front end likely the people in the hack will use React andJs , backend express node js / python flask for API

Not really but I have taken quite a few modules in data science that's unfortunately not web application related, but thanks anyway!

Unregistered 30-01-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200296)
Web development. Soft skills like communication too.

Before techtrek they'll give you "handbook" of things to prepare for.

Oh I see, seems like I might not be able to fit into that domain based on my current set of technical skills, but thanks anyway for the help!!

Unregistered 30-01-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200427)
Oh I see, seems like I might not be able to fit into that domain based on my current set of technical skills, but thanks anyway for the help!!

I didn't have those skills too, but I picked them up before techtrek. Plenty of good resources online. :)

Unregistered 30-01-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200424)
i highly doubt so. I have checked with the HR, they willl only send rejection if a person failed the background check after getting shortlisted.

They seem to mass send the shortlisted email to everyone. Likely sent more emails than vacancies to include their backup choices.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200443)
They seem to mass send the shortlisted email to everyone. Likely sent more emails than vacancies to include their backup choices.

machiam plane overbooking

Unregistered 30-01-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200449)
machiam plane overbooking

as long as havent get plane ticket and check in means got chance to be bumped off

Unregistered 31-01-2022 12:04 AM

what are they checking for in the pre employment checks and how long does it usually take?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 01:40 PM

Anyone received offer yet?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 01:55 PM

Status still at selection

Unregistered 31-01-2022 02:29 PM

My status just changed to completed :O

Unregistered 31-01-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200639)
My status just changed to completed :O

Congratulations!


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2