Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 16-11-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190110)
Anyone who went for TT2 received the shortlisted email alr?

No havent yet....have you received or anyone?

Unregistered 16-11-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190223)
No havent yet....have you received or anyone?

Nope, I called them last week on Friday, they say they should be sending out email within the next 2 weeks (this week and next week).

Unregistered 16-11-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190254)
Nope, I called them last week on Friday, they say they should be sending out email within the next 2 weeks (this week and next week).

Thanks for the info!

Unregistered 17-11-2021 10:11 AM

I have received the shortlisted email this morning, now pending some HR checks as stated in the email. I was from TT2 btw.

Unregistered 17-11-2021 10:43 AM

Hi

Same i also just got the shortlisted reply pending hr checks!

Congrats!

Unregistered 17-11-2021 11:01 AM

Hey please someone help???

I got shortlisted from the last techtrek but I got rejected? Why?

This makes no sense.. Does shortlisted not mean offered?

Unregistered 17-11-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190322)

How did they inform you that you were rejected? Did they state the reason for rejection? Perhaps due to failing the background checks?

I think shortlisted not necessarily means you'll get offered, because it's likely they shortlisted more candidates than the number of vacancies for TT1. If those who were offered in TT1 declined their offers, then the next person on the shortlist will be offered instead. It might be that you were further down the shortlist and never got the chance to receive the offer...

Unregistered 17-11-2021 11:37 AM

Hello, I was from TT2 and I just got my shortlisted email on the background checks this morning too!

Unregistered 17-11-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188894)
Anyone got invited for TT3 yet?

HI have you been invited to TT3? my status changed to schedule assessment center on 8 NOV but no email yet so im asking

Unregistered 17-11-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

hihi

Sian I got rejected also... Got called just now :(

Can ask wait was ur reason??

Unregistered 17-11-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Backup options are also shortlisted, if you got rejected it means either you failed backgeound check or more likely everyone i the tier above you accepted the offer.

Unregistered 18-11-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Hello
You were shortlisted from TT1 OR TT2?

Unregistered 18-11-2021 04:16 PM

i got a call from dbs earlier clarifying some basic hr info and said they are preparing the offer letter.

hang in there guys, the confirmation replies should be coming soon!
all the best

Unregistered 18-11-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190452)
i got a call from dbs earlier clarifying some basic hr info and said they are preparing the offer letter.

hang in there guys, the confirmation replies should be coming soon!
all the best

Damn I got declined...

Reason was that I wrote my uni graduation date wrong, ( instead of December I wrote November ) they mentioned how this is illegal, etc.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal but I guess DBS is uptight about these things. Good luck to the rest.

Unregistered 18-11-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190466)
Damn I got declined...

Reason was that I wrote my uni graduation date wrong, ( instead of December I wrote November ) they mentioned how this is illegal, etc.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal but I guess DBS is uptight about these things. Good luck to the rest.

Hi there, may I know if you were from TT1 or TT2? Thanks!

Unregistered 20-11-2021 12:35 PM

Are they mass hiring or something...why my friend say she never do much during the hackathon but still offered the job...she was surprised

Unregistered 20-11-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190693)
Are they mass hiring or something...why my friend say she never do much during the hackathon but still offered the job...she was surprised

ya same

I anyhow do the coding assessment, the first question I just Google for answer cause I dunno... The rest I fail the test case. They still invite me for the techtrek lol. My group got 3 cs students, they know all the API I dunno what nonsense is it but they explain and tell me it just pull data.

3-4 days later I get offer.. Wtf I legit didn't do much or even talk

Unregistered 22-11-2021 12:50 PM

DBS techtrek

Hello anyone invited for DBS techtrek 3 already? ( for those who finish the first round assessment in nov)

Unregistered 22-11-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190943)
Hello anyone invited for DBS techtrek 3 already? ( for those who finish the first round assessment in nov)

hihi!!

me! thursday right ??

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:40 PM

If it was only just the app down traditional website still can use at least got someting to fall back on. BOTH app and website down. Cannot log in to access funds and make transfers. Really encourages trust in this bank. WTF is this bank doing? Still an ancient bank with aging (like milk) legacy systems. Not a "tech" firm that can keep up with the times.

Not to mention the "need" to access location data.

DBS, you are not MAANG. Please keep to your lane of being a financial institution.

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191112)
If it was only just the app down traditional website still can use at least got someting to fall back on. BOTH app and website down. Cannot log in to access funds and make transfers. Really encourages trust in this bank. WTF is this bank doing? Still an ancient bank with aging (like milk) legacy systems. Not a "tech" firm that can keep up with the times.

DBS, you are not MAANG. Please keep to your lane of being a financial institution.

Take your own advice,

Stick to your own lane and don't post this garbage unrelated crap in this thread, moron.

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:43 PM

HeY gUyS wHy ApP dOwN ???

wtf what a moron

amazing how stupid a person can be, it takes some real talent to be this stupid.

Lol 23-11-2021 11:30 PM

Lol dbs down

See the calibre of ppl here you know why dbs down already

Unregistered 23-11-2021 11:36 PM

This is what happens when they lower the hiring bar so much that even people from SIT, SIM and SUSS can enter lol. And the rare few who are from nu ntu etc, are not even from com sci or com eng. Really jialat

Unregistered 23-11-2021 11:56 PM

It is related, deal with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191113)
Take your own advice,

Stick to your own lane and don't post this garbage unrelated crap in this thread, moron.

You should stay in your own lane. It is related as this "slowdown" is an indication of how great their tech side is.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

u calling it MAANG??? and not MANGA? pathetic

Unregistered 24-11-2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

WTF is MAANG?

siao lang, spell also cannot, want talk so much

Unregistered 24-11-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191114)
HeY gUyS wHy ApP dOwN ???

wtf what a moron

amazing how stupid a person can be, it takes some real talent to be this stupid.

He has a point. If you guys were such great tech professionals you'd already be in Meta or Alphabet drawing $$$, not an ancient bank with an Indian tech department. This is exactly why the app is down. Pathetic

Unregistered 24-11-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191193)
WTF is MAANG?

siao lang, spell also cannot, want talk so much

M stands for Meta. :o

kim1995 24-11-2021 02:33 PM

Well... I'm sorry for saying this for all the new seeders lol but I'm so glad I didn't take the offer many years ago and went with a typical US tech firm instead.

I can't believe that the app has been down for a day+... what's worse is that I read on reddit some users saw their bank balance drop to 0? Jesus... how does that happen lol

Unregistered 24-11-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190466)
Damn I got declined...

Hello there! How long was it after your TT that you told you this?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191293)
Hello there! How long was it after your TT that you told you this?

that they*

Unregistered 25-11-2021 12:44 PM

lol who wants to join this shitty bank after the whole fiasco sia, no future

Unregistered 25-11-2021 01:31 PM

Expect bonuses to be cut to account for MAS' impending fine.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 02:08 PM

anyone alrd got the contract after accepting the offer?

Unregistered 25-11-2021 02:14 PM

Received the shortlisted email, still waiting for the contract offer. Anyone from TT2 who were shortlisted and already got a call from HR to sign the contract?

Unregistered 25-11-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191430)
Received the shortlisted email, still waiting for the contract offer. Anyone from TT2 who were shortlisted and already got a call from HR to sign the contract?

Yes, they need time to prepare the offer letter.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191430)

Hihi, I was from TT2 and just got the call this afternoon with the offer! Just wait out, they will call you soon!

Unregistered 25-11-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191423)
Expect bonuses to be cut to account for MAS' impending fine.

Wtf are you talking about lol stop spreading fake news

There was no bonus in the first place, it's hard stuck 60k a year for 2 years contract and that's it.

No such thing as bonus for a contract role lmao, no pay increment either

Unregistered 26-11-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191512)
Wtf are you talking about lol stop spreading fake news

There was no bonus in the first place, it's hard stuck 60k a year for 2 years contract and that's it.

No such thing as bonus for a contract role lmao, no pay increment either

How do you know there is no bonus? How do you know there is no pay increment? Are you in the program already?