Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 08-11-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189412)
Why so passive aggressive huh. Does it make you happy shi**ing on random forumers. Talk until like this prog so great and you're so good. Lmao. If you were that good, you wouldn't be in DBS SEED. You would be in FAANG.

Hi,

Unfortunately due to your lack of ability to comprehend basic English and your strange obsession with putting words in people's mouth, I cannot at this time, think of a way to write a sentence that is simple enough for someone with your level of comprehension skills.

Nonetheless I wish you good luck on your upcoming PSLE English examinations!

Unregistered 09-11-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189412)
Why so passive aggressive huh. Does it make you happy shi**ing on random forumers. Talk until like this prog so great and you're so good. Lmao. If you were that good, you wouldn't be in DBS SEED. You would be in FAANG.

You need to keep up with the times bro/sis. Now is not call FaceBook, now is call Meta so should instead call it MANGA/MAGAN/GANMA.

Please help make the mEtAvErSe a reality I would love to have a digital (reverse) harem balling with my nifty NTFs in the metaverse reality flexing on those who make my real life crap.

Unregistered 09-11-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189427)
Hi,

Unfortunately due to your lack of ability to comprehend basic English and your strange obsession with putting words in people's mouth, I cannot at this time, think of a way to write a sentence that is simple enough for someone with your level of comprehension skills.

Nonetheless I wish you good luck on your upcoming PSLE English examinations!

That's a whole lot of words for saying nothing at all. OP is calling you out for being a passive aggressive little bit* ch who scratches his balls by shi tting on random people online, and that fact still remains.

Unregistered 09-11-2021 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189447)
That's a whole lot of words for saying nothing at all. OP is calling you out for being a passive aggressive little bit* ch who scratches his balls by shi tting on random people online, and that fact still remains.

lolz

And u cry so much for? That guy troll, u fall for it

Lame

Unregistered 09-11-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189448)
lolz

And u cry so much for? That guy troll, u fall for it

Lame

Lol who's crying. U also wasted time replying which means ur similarly boliao

Unregistered 09-11-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189486)
Lol who's crying. U also wasted time replying which means ur similarly boliao

Is that all you got? Throwing the same words back at me? Yikes.

Actually braindead.

Unregistered 10-11-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188894)
Anyone got invited for TT3 yet?

Hi, is there a TT3 ? My status just changed to "assessment centre" but i have not received any email and im abit worried

Unregistered 10-11-2021 02:57 PM

any seeders here know how the cyber security techtrek is like? would appreciate if u share ur experience and overall how is it like. Thanks

Unregistered 10-11-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185335)
Nope, I just opened my email and saw it. I emailed them but no reply yet. Could be a mistake because I already went for techtrek 1

Hi what was the techtrek 1 about is it on web app using javascript?

Unregistered 12-11-2021 04:27 PM

this job got work laptop?

Unregistered 12-11-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189820)

No you need to use desktop at public library

Unregistered 12-11-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Bring your own device.

Unregistred 12-11-2021 09:03 PM

This job pay salary?

Unregistered 13-11-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistred (Post 189847)
This job pay salary?

4.5k per month

Unregistered 13-11-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Need use your money to buy a dbs approved from dbs, pay in installments.

Unregistered 13-11-2021 12:45 PM

this job got working hours?

Unregistered 13-11-2021 05:02 PM

hey can anyone answer? does this job have working hours or can own time own self work ??

Unregistered 14-11-2021 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistred (Post 189847)
This job pay salary?

Don't have leh, this one is volunteer job at the bank so no salary

Unregistered 14-11-2021 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189904)
hey can anyone answer? does this job have working hours or can own time own self work ??

OTOT anytime u want you work lor

Unregistered 14-11-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187729)
nope

my friend go for the 30th sep thursday techtrek... his entire group all got in, even the few people who didn't contribute lol

May i know what is the hackathon about ? is it web development?

Unregistered 14-11-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190004)
May i know what is the hackathon about ? is it web development?

no it's about hacking

Unregistered 14-11-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188786)
Received the email for the pre-hackathon briefing and hackathon invitation!

All the best to those who got shortlisted for TT2! See you guys on November 3rd and 11th!

Has anyone received the TT Developer notebook?

HI is the hackathon about web development or other stuff ?

Unregistered 14-11-2021 10:10 PM

For me it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190026)
HI is the hackathon about web development or other stuff ?

Yes, for me it was about web development. We had to build a web app that's about managing project resource. They provide all the data that we need. We can decide what database that we want to use, and what front end we want to use.

A tip before going into the hackathon, practice your api skill if you decide to do backend stuff. And practice some front end stuff if you want to help with the front end design. They let you choose what you want to do (frontend or backend), but you don't know who you will team up with, and you don't know what your teammate's background is, so it's better to be
prepared to do front end or back end to some extend if you want to ace it. But at the end of the day, they will assess you base on your provision for your team, so just do well on your part, no matter what you choose to do (frontend or backend). Try to help your teammate as well.

Unregistered 15-11-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Have, but don't expect balling dev machines like the Macbook Pro fit for hardcore dev work. At best is only ThinkPad.

And DBS aims to be a tech firm. Top kek. Don't think they are able to keep up with big tech, the new fintech firms, and up and coming DeFi frameworks/blockchain use cases.

Also recognise they are propping up an ancient financial system responsible for the exploitation of the masses. They are scared of the blockchain, which is why the government is allowing them first dibs to "protect the consumer".

There are tech firms worth joining, then there are second rate tech firms, followed by consultancy and engineering, then there is this which is just putting lipstick on a pig.

Unregistered 15-11-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190052)
Have, but don't expect balling dev machines like the Macbook Pro fit for hardcore dev work. At best is only ThinkPad.

And DBS aims to be a tech firm. Top kek. Don't think they are able to keep up with big tech, the new fintech firms, and up and coming DeFi frameworks/blockchain use cases.

Also recognise they are propping up an ancient financial system responsible for the exploitation of the masses. They are scared of the blockchain, which is why the government is allowing them first dibs to "protect the consumer".

There are tech firms worth joining, then there are second rate tech firms, followed by consultancy and engineering, then there is this which is just putting lipstick on a pig.

Where are you getting this information from...? I'm using a Macbook Pro.

Unregistered 15-11-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190066)
Where are you getting this information from...? I'm using a Macbook Pro.

wow u so zai

got macbook pro before starting work in jan

amazing

Unregistered 15-11-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190088)
wow u so zai

amazing

From the this year's July batch actually

Unregistered 15-11-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190088)
wow u so zai

amazing

Not quite sure why that warrants sarcasm

Unregistered 15-11-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190098)
From the this year's July batch actually

I think it's because the guy who asked about the work laptop is most likely thinking of joining for the next intake, Jan / July next year...

So telling us that you got a Macbook Pro last intake ( this year july ), is basically useless info because every new intake has different rules / changes.

Unless you're saying that every intake is the same?

Unregistered 15-11-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190102)
I think it's because the guy who asked about the work laptop is most likely thinking of joining for the next intake, Jan / July next year...

So telling us that you got a Macbook Pro last intake ( this year july ), is basically useless info because every new intake has different rules / changes.

Unless you're saying that every intake is the same?

You're probably OP, but I'm merely refuting the statement that DBS does not provide Macbook Pros. It depends on the department you're in.

If the information from the last batch that joined isn't indicative, then go call up the HR instead of wasting your time asking here.

HR won't be lurking these forums so I'm sorry I provided your ungrateful ass with useless information.

Unregistered 15-11-2021 07:58 PM

Anyone who went for TT2 received the shortlisted email alr?

Unregistered 15-11-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190106)
You're probably OP, but I'm merely refuting the statement that DBS does not provide Macbook Pros. It depends on the department you're in.

If the information from the last batch that joined isn't indicative, then go call up the HR instead of wasting your time asking here.

HR won't be lurking these forums so I'm sorry I provided your ungrateful ass with useless information.

this one confirm csb

at IGT team last yr no MacBook one, all ThinkPad

Unregistered 15-11-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190113)
this one confirm csb

can confirm there is. I think C2E get mac, the rest should be thinkpads.
y'all can ask this year's seeders. dunno about previous years

Unregistered 15-11-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190118)
can confirm there is. I think C2E get mac, the rest should be thinkpads.
y'all can ask this year's seeders. dunno about previous years

i talking about last year, u say confirm there is then u say

"dunno about previous years"

???? wtf ?

so u know or dunno ?

Unregistered 15-11-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190120)
i talking about last year, u say confirm there is then u say

"dunno about previous years"

???? wtf ?

so u know or dunno ?

why u talk until so LC? ask whether got macbook or not now i tell u now got la.
how and why would you care about the previous years?

get in and find out for yourself la. like srsly if whether u get the OS u like or not affects your decision to take the job then just gtfo.

ppl like you really fking lame seriously, get a life.

Unregistered 15-11-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

lipstick on a pig LOL

Unregistered 16-11-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190113)
this one confirm csb

You'd think a (top-tier) tech firm would allow all devs, regardless of who the end user of the developed product is, to use the best hardware and software available to make incredible products. Guess this company isn't. Why? Historical baggage? Sorry, I meant legacy systems too old to bring up to date? How about cumbersome restrictions? Sorry, I meant legal financial regulations.

Yeah, this is definitely a top tier tech firm to be. Not.

Quote:

Interesting point on "protect the consumer" you pointed out here. Seems more like "entrench the inequitible system" and "exploit the comsumer for more gains". Got to wonder why first dibs went to institutional investors and "accredited" investors. Is the consumer so dumb they need "protection from exploitation" because of a new asset class?

Unregistered 16-11-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190161)
You'd think a (top-tier) tech firm would allow all devs, regardless of who the end user of the developed product is, to use the best hardware and software available to make incredible products. Guess this company isn't. Why? Historical baggage? Sorry, I meant legacy systems too old to bring up to date? How about cumbersome restrictions? Sorry, I meant legal financial regulations.

Yeah, this is definitely a top tier tech firm to be. Not.

Interesting point on "protect the consumer" you pointed out here. Seems more like "entrench the inequitible system" and "exploit the comsumer for more gains". Got to wonder why first dibs went to institutional investors and "accredited" investors. Is the consumer so dumb they need "protection from exploitation" because of a new asset class?

DBS is not a top TECH firm. It is a BANK, first and foremost. LMAO talk about missing the woods for the trees.

Somewhere along the way all the wannabe SWEs here forgot this elementary fact that they're applying to work in the BANK. Really have to hand it to SEED marketing team, their branding is quite power, to make people forget about this fact.

If you wanted to live out your dream of working in a top tech firm, go and apply to...a top tech firm! It's not such a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

Unregistered 16-11-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190162)
DBS is not a top TECH firm. It is a BANK, first and foremost. LMAO talk about missing the woods for the trees.

Somewhere along the way all the wannabe SWEs here forgot this elementary fact that they're applying to work in the BANK. Really have to hand it to SEED marketing team, their branding is quite power, to make people forget about this fact.

If you wanted to live out your dream of working in a top tech firm, go and apply to...a top tech firm! It's not such a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

why u talk until so LC? ask whether got macbook or not now i tell u now got la.
how and why would you care about the previous years?

get in and find out for yourself la. like srsly if whether u get the OS u like or not affects your decision to take the job then just gtfo.

ppl like you really fking lame seriously, get a life.

Unregistered 16-11-2021 04:44 PM

Will it still be wfh or in office alrd for dbs?