Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 26-10-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188104)
Just submitted an application & coding test but didn't include my official transcript in the attachment... Is it needed? should I edit the application/attach it?

huh why would they care lol

As long as u don't say ure from NUS when u from SIMGE, don't worry...

Dbs really anyhow one, they won't care

Unregistered 27-10-2021 01:24 AM

"just wait lol DBS SEED damn despo, they'll offer u soon

No because DBS SEED is welcoming to everyone

Dbs really anyhow one, they won't care"

Someone real salty KEKL

Unregistered 27-10-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188126)
"just wait lol DBS SEED damn despo, they'll offer u soon

No because DBS SEED is welcoming to everyone

Dbs really anyhow one, they won't care"

Someone real salty KEKL

Wtf ??

you post this at 1 am ?

Unregistered 28-10-2021 10:24 AM

Hackathon

I recently got invited for a hackathon but not able to attend, so I declined the invite. Can anyone confirm that they will send another invite for the next Hackathon?

Unregistered 28-10-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188262)
I recently got invited for a hackathon but not able to attend, so I declined the invite. Can anyone confirm that they will send another invite for the next Hackathon?

you just declined? you said no in the form?

bro you're supposed to call them lol not straight away say no in the form... wtf

Unregistered 28-10-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188145)
Wtf ??

you post this at 1 am ?

Might not be local…

Unregistered 28-10-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188264)
you just declined? you said no in the form?

bro you're supposed to call them lol not straight away say no in the form... wtf

There wasn't any indication or contact details provided at all in the whole process of applying to talk to them

Unregistered 28-10-2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188262)

Which hackathon? the Nov 11 one?

Unregistered 28-10-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188272)
There wasn't any indication or contact details provided at all in the whole process of applying to talk to them

email the hr...

Unregistered 28-10-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188272)

they have it on their application site in Jim bot...

If u just say no in the form they won't ask u anymore. If I'm not wrong they just say thank you and say they'll email you or something. The email is just to say "sorry to see u go, apply for the next year intake bla bla"

Unregistered 28-10-2021 03:03 PM

Anyone knows how hard is it to get converted to full time? Or what’s the rate of those that get converted? Heard from a someone at the end of the 2 years supposedly 20% won’t get converted. Not sure how true this is.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188298)
Anyone knows how hard is it to get converted to full time? Or what’s the rate of those that get converted? Heard from a someone at the end of the 2 years supposedly 20% won’t get converted. Not sure how true this is.

Yeap that's what I heard too. The assessor from Techtrek 1 told me that.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 07:41 PM

Not sure if this has been asked before, but there's a separate hackathon for InfoSec right? I selected DevOps and InfoSec during the application and got the email for what I think is the developer hackathon, so idk if that affected which hackathon I got selected for. Assuming I pass, is it possible to switch to the InfoSec track?

Unregistered 28-10-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188332)
Not sure if this has been asked before, but there's a separate hackathon for InfoSec right? I selected DevOps and InfoSec during the application and got the email for what I think is the developer hackathon, so idk if that affected which hackathon I got selected for. Assuming I pass, is it possible to switch to the InfoSec track?

reject the developer techtrek

they will send u a new one for info sec

Unregistered 28-10-2021 09:57 PM

how different is the info sec techtrek ?

Unregistered 29-10-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188073)
anyone shortlisted from tt1 but nvr receive call yet?

Just received the call and offer package today! Just hold out and I think they'll get to you :)

Unregistered 29-10-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188385)
Just received the call and offer package today! Just hold out and I think they'll get to you :)

Whats the salary? ah is it 5k as well?

Unregistered 29-10-2021 12:32 PM

anyone just got the invitation for techtrek on 11 Nov?

Unregistered 29-10-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188392)
Whats the salary? ah is it 5k as well?

Yup 5k. From what I know, it should be the same for everyone in this programme.

Unregistered 29-10-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188395)
Yup 5k. From what I know, it should be the same for everyone in this programme.

wrong

5k for average candidates with no pay bump or bonus. NTU and NUS first class honors all getting 5.5k to 5.8k with 6 months pay bump.

Call HR and ask if don't believe. Not same package.

Unregistered 29-10-2021 06:16 PM

Must be true better ask HR, this dude knows it all man! HAHAHAHAH

Unregistered 29-10-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188412)
wrong

5k for average candidates with no pay bump or bonus. NTU and NUS first class honors all getting 5.5k to 5.8k with 6 months pay bump.

Call HR and ask if don't believe. Not same package.

So I suppose you're one of those FCH students from NTU/NUS who got offered the better package? May I know if your degree is related to IT?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 05:54 PM

Shortlist but no call

Anyone went TT1 and received the shortlist email but have not gotten a call for an offer yet?

Kinda worried given that TT2 is coming soon and yet no replies from DBS after the shortlist email…

Is it shortlist != offer? Or are they just slow to get back to me?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188692)
Anyone went TT1 and received the shortlist email but have not gotten a call for an offer yet?

Kinda worried given that TT2 is coming soon and yet no replies from DBS after the shortlist email…

Hi, I haven't receive my offer after being shortlisted too. I think they need more time

Unregistered 01-11-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188692)

Would be shitty of them to say something along the lines of "good news" and tease and edge and leave you hanging after. What was the phrasing like?

Unregistered 01-11-2021 12:12 PM

the email say congrats, shortlisted for SEED, pending outcome of pre-employment screening...

Unregistered 01-11-2021 02:04 PM

Received the email for the pre-hackathon briefing and hackathon invitation!

All the best to those who got shortlisted for TT2! See you guys on November 3rd and 11th!

Has anyone received the TT Developer notebook?

Unregistered 01-11-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188697)
Hi, I haven't receive my offer after being shortlisted too. I think they need more time

Same i just got my offer today only

Unregistered 01-11-2021 09:45 PM

starting job alr bro

Unregistered 02-11-2021 02:20 PM

Anyone got invited for TT3 yet?

Unregistered 04-11-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188779)
the email say congrats, shortlisted for SEED, pending outcome of pre-employment screening...

Then just do other things (including finding and securing other opportunities) while waiting for their followup.

Unregistered 06-11-2021 01:54 PM

Questions

Hi, can I check if the programme is a permenant role or you are required to convert after 2 years? Thanks!

Unregistered 06-11-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189227)
Hi, can I check if the programme is a permenant role or you are required to convert after 2 years? Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately based on your lack of enthusiasm to read previous posts on here stating exactly the answer that you are looking for, I don't think you would be a right fit for DBS SEED. Note that DBS SEED applicants are required to have common sense and some level of independency... if they ask every single simple question like "wow what time is it?" "hey is DBS a bank?" and many more silly questions, it would be a major hassle for everyone.

Nonetheless I wish you good luck!

Unregistered 06-11-2021 05:19 PM

Just got an offer yesterday. Those who are still waiting and shortlisted, please wait it out. Your BG check may take longer.

Unregistered 06-11-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189244)
Hi,

Unfortunately based on your lack of enthusiasm to read previous posts on here stating exactly the answer that you are looking for, I don't think you would be a right fit for DBS SEED. Note that DBS SEED applicants are required to have common sense and some level of independency... if they ask every single simple question like "wow what time is it?" "hey is DBS a bank?" and many more silly questions, it would be a major hassle for everyone.

Thanks for replying, got shortlisted for the programme after techtrek and saw the previous two posts. But wanted to confirm just in case because I thought it was suppose to be permanent. Thanks for the well wishes and wishing you the same too! :)

Unregistered 06-11-2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

the website say 2 year program

conversion is case by case only as said in techtrek briefing and jimbot also say the same thing

so ya i can confirm , required to convert, 100% cause they tell us when we attend the briefing. when is ur techtrek?

Unregistered 07-11-2021 06:06 AM

Quote:

Assuming you can get past the first year first. You think what, two years of just going with the flow and then become full timer?

Quote:

Hi,

Some level of independency perhaps, but there is also something like "no stupid questions" supposedly to encourage questioning.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189253)
Just got an offer yesterday. Those who are still waiting and shortlisted, please wait it out. Your BG check may take longer.

hi, may i know how much u were offered? noticed some ppl in this forum mentioned it can vary but i emailed HR to ask and their reply was "The SEED starting salary is standard for all joining the programme regardless of qualifications or years of experience."

Unregistered 08-11-2021 02:19 PM

any seeders here know how the cyber security techtrek is like? would appreciate if u share ur experience and overall how is it like. Thanks

Unregistered 08-11-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Why so passive aggressive huh. Does it make you happy shi**ing on random forumers. Talk until like this prog so great and you're so good. Lmao. If you were that good, you wouldn't be in DBS SEED. You would be in FAANG.