Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 19-10-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187094)
In the shortlisted email, did they say whether they are doing the background check for you?

Yup, but people got offers last week so I wasn't sure what to think of this

Unregistered 19-10-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187095)
Yup, but people got offers last week so I wasn't sure what to think of this

Like you personally know of people who got offers last week? Did they say the background check will take a few weeks?

Unregistered 19-10-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187096)
Like you personally know of people who got offers last week? Did they say the background check will take a few weeks?

Idk personally, just saw a few on this thread. They said background verification might take 2-3 weeks in the email

Unregistered 19-10-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187086)
I got the shortlisted email on 7th for the sept hackathon, taleo status is still on selection but haven't got the offer letter and got no info about rejection, should I just assume I've been rejected?

no its not rejection...

its not background check also, background check don't take so long lol it just means youre on hold until they RSVP the TT2 people and see if there's slots left for u

Unregistered 19-10-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187113)
no its not rejection...

its not background check also, background check don't take so long lol it just means youre on hold until they RSVP the TT2 people and see if there's slots left for u

Oh okay, thanks!

Unregistered 19-10-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187113)
no its not rejection...

So for TT1, all those people whom they want they already given offers to them?

Unregistered 20-10-2021 09:25 AM

I received a call yesterday from them. Finally received the offer over the phone. Then they'll email the official offer to you.

Unregistered 20-10-2021 02:22 PM

Take what is on the forum with a pinch of salt. Lots of trolls out here trying to spread misinformation ..

Unregistered 20-10-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187189)
Take what is on the forum with a pinch of salt. Lots of trolls out here trying to spread misinformation ..

can clarify what misinformation? I'm still waiting for the call and don't know what is real or not

Unregistered 20-10-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187205)
can clarify what misinformation? I'm still waiting for the call and don't know what is real or not

The guy saying he got offer from phone call ..

Unregistered 20-10-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187208)
The guy saying he got offer from phone call ..

Lol no that's actually legit. They will call you to tell you about the offer before sending you the email with that same intention. Then the next step is to log in to Taleo to accept.

Unregistered 20-10-2021 09:36 PM

Can confirm- got my offer by phonecall. Can also confirm that there will be increment year on year as spoken with HR so the guy saying contract lock in 5k/yr is talking out of his ass.

Especially when I personally know seniors who did SEED and got variable increments based on performance.

Interesting question though- is everyone being offered 5k this round?

Unregistered 20-10-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187223)
Can confirm- got my offer by phonecall. Can also confirm that there will be increment year on year as spoken with HR so the guy saying contract lock in 5k/yr is talking out of his ass.

Especially when I personally know seniors who did SEED and got variable increments based on performance.

Interesting question though- is everyone being offered 5k this round?

can confirm as well, my friend is from 2019 batch, got 5k also.

pay bump is $150+ every year. first year he got $5150+, then 6 months after it went up again by 150. so it's not yearly, sometimes they will increment in 6 months also. year end bonus for him was 6k, 2nd year was 8k.

Unregistered 20-10-2021 11:43 PM

Can confirm - 5.5k with (possible but not definite) bi-yearly pay increments during the two years. Variable bonus will be given but at discretion of the department! Pretty excited to start, anyone else getting posted to mbfc?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187236)
Can confirm - 5.5k with (possible but not definite) bi-yearly pay increments during the two years. Variable bonus will be given but at discretion of the department! Pretty excited to start, anyone else getting posted to mbfc?

wait so you haven't started working yet somehow u can confirm 5.5k?

lol no wonder no one takes this forum seriously

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187269)
wait so you haven't started working yet somehow u can confirm 5.5k?

lol no wonder no one takes this forum seriously

Do you only find out your pay on your first day of work? Think before you write lol...

Unregistered 21-10-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187272)
Do you only find out your pay on your first day of work? Think before you write lol...

you said

"Can confirm - 5.5k with (possible but not definite) bi-yearly pay increments during the two years."

If you're getting 5.5k base then yes, you can "confirm". If you haven't even started work, don't even know how much pay bump you'll get, you can't "confirm" anything bro.

DBS seeders in a nutshell. gg

Unregistered 21-10-2021 12:17 PM

There will always be someone claiming he's getting more when everyone else is getting 5k. hmmm

Unregistered 21-10-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187284)
you said

"Can confirm - 5.5k with (possible but not definite) bi-yearly pay increments during the two years."

If you're getting 5.5k base then yes, you can "confirm". If you haven't even started work, don't even know how much pay bump you'll get, you can't "confirm" anything bro.

exactly

lol what a retard, I bet he dont even have an offer and just wants to feel included by saying some nonsense that makes 0 sense

Unregistered 21-10-2021 02:35 PM

anyone still waiting for invitation to the hackathon? what's your application status?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Last sentence kinda a dead giveaway- you won't know about where you're posted to until before you start work. Source: Am Jan intake but no info on posting yet.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 03:24 PM

so what happened to the loser who said 5.5k? run away to hide after getting caught by 3 people? imagine lying just to feel included in a anonymous forum lol lame ...

Unregistered 21-10-2021 04:24 PM

submitted my application and did coding challenge, anyone know what the "Schedule Interview" application status mean?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 06:21 PM

Schedule interview in Taleo

After the coding challenge what is the next step. How to know whether passed to next step or not?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187346)
submitted my application and did coding challenge, anyone know what the "Schedule Interview" application status mean?

i think it means they are scheduling ur interview

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187371)
After the coding challenge what is the next step. How to know whether passed to next step or not?

what's your application status on the website portal?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187346)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187371)

Wait for email to see if you are going for any of the sessions of the hackathon.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187284)
you said

Are you actually stupid? It literally says exactly that in the contract. 5.5 base with variable bi-yearly increases based on performance. Please dont reply, i dont want to kill anymore of my braincells.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

cannot wait to start at dah2

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:55 PM

Anyone know whats the format of the techtrek and who will be the main person/people selecting the seeders during the event?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187412)
Anyone know whats the format of the techtrek and who will be the main person/people selecting the seeders during the event?

And will there be technical interviews?

Unregistered 22-10-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187325)
Last sentence kinda a dead giveaway- you won't know about where you're posted to until before you start work. Source: Am Jan intake but no info on posting yet.

Are you stupid also?

It says which team you're getting posted to in the contract.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187442)
Are you stupid also?

It says which team you're getting posted to in the contract.

Someone obviously doesn't know what they're talking about- the contract will only state your selection for the program (alongside strategy and perks). Even if its selection based on your specialties (eg. analytics), that's all the information you get- you do not know your confirmed team posting (odds are even HR doesn't have the confirmed info yet).

If you're so confident in yourself- what is the name of the department you're assigned to? Odds are more than 1 person here got accepted in it too- so you have plausible deniability if it is you.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187409)
Are you actually stupid? It literally says exactly that in the contract. 5.5 base with variable bi-yearly increases based on performance. Please dont reply, i dont want to kill anymore of my braincells.

LOOOOOOOOL

everyone here say 5k base, you say 5.5k? LOL in the history of SEED, it has always been 5k. Loser, imagine lying about this.

Quote:

yeah yeah posted to MBFC with 5.5k ok bro LOL

Unregistered 22-10-2021 02:11 PM

how long after the online coding test did you guys receive the hackathon invitation? just want to know if I still have chances

Unregistered 22-10-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187469)
Someone obviously doesn't know what they're talking about- the contract will only state your selection for the program (alongside strategy and perks). Even if its selection based on your specialties (eg. analytics), that's all the information you get- you do not know your confirmed team posting (odds are even HR doesn't have the confirmed info yet).

If you're so confident in yourself- what is the name of the department you're assigned to? Odds are more than 1 person here got accepted in it too- so you have plausible deniability if it is you.

HR will mention the team you're assigned to during the offer phone call, doubt there's any mention in the contract

Unregistered 22-10-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187509)
HR will mention the team you're assigned to during the offer phone call, doubt there's any mention in the contract

Am the guy you’re replying to. Agree that they do tell the department, but they do not disclose where said department operates out of.

The teams do operate out of different offices. Eg. Development team has mobile development and web development teams that may not operate from same office. So I might be told that I’m assigned to developer department, but not the team.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:23 PM

Anyone else still waiting for phone call from september hackathon? Taleo status just changed to completed today with no offer yet

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187519)
Am the guy you’re replying to. Agree that they do tell the department, but they do not disclose where said department operates out of.

The teams do operate out of different offices. Eg. Development team has mobile development and web development teams that may not operate from same office. So I might be told that I’m assigned to developer department, but not the team.

you can just ask where's the department operating out of...

Unregistered 22-10-2021 06:33 PM

hardstuck 5ks arguing lol cringe