Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 14-10-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186296)
Same, but my application status in Taleo is Selection.

Mine too, guess we just gotta wait

Unregistered 14-10-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186294)
Yup I agree with this.

I also have friends in the IBGT team of DBS, they get 5.5k a month and bump to 7k before the contract ends.

Haters need to stop coming here and crying. Are you butthurt? I'm former Seed, now making more than all the FAANG kids. Hahah contract job so what? We make more than the full time employees LOL

Keep dreaming bro 😎.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186294)
Yup I agree with this.

I also have friends in the IBGT team of DBS, they get 5.5k a month and bump to 7k before the contract ends.

Haters need to stop coming here and crying. Are you butthurt? I'm former Seed, now making more than all the FAANG kids. Hahah contract job so what? We make more than the full time employees LOL

keep dreaming hardstuck 5k 😎

Unregistered 14-10-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186316)
keep dreaming hardstuck 5k 😎

Hahaha the hardstuck guy again 😂

Unregistered 15-10-2021 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186393)
Hahaha the hardstuck guy again 😂

why u guys call him hardstuck?? itís true u get a pay raise as he mentioned

Unregistered 15-10-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186412)
why u guys call him hardstuck?? itís true u get a pay raise as he mentioned

because hes a liar

no pay bump. ask the 2019 batch, they will tell u. out of 157 people only 30 got offered to full-time. the rest got let go. also go see the first 30 pages, confirm no pay bump or bonus.

if got bonus they will tell u bonus base %, offer never say cause don't want, variable doesn't mean got bonus, it just means what it says, "variable = maybe"

Unregistered 15-10-2021 11:28 AM

Personally this is one of DBS efforts to train locals. Kudos to them. In reality, how many companies are willing to train you and pay you decently? If you don't have anything to offer on the table, don't expect being converted to a full-time.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186450)
Personally this is one of DBS efforts to train locals. Kudos to them. In reality, how many companies are willing to train you and pay you decently? If you don't have anything to offer on the table, don't expect being converted to a full-time.

This is true.

Look at most of the DBS SEED linkedin people, most of them are not from STEM. The fact that this program even gives non-tech people who literally have 0 idea how to code, a chance to pull 5k/month for 2 years and make something out of it is amazing.

If you want more than 5k + bonus, join a typical tech FTE. Stop complaining, especially that stupid "hardstuck" idiot.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 12:21 PM

Anyone else haven't get offered after being shortlisted?

Unregistered 15-10-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186458)
Anyone else haven't get offered after being shortlisted?

me... been waiting very long already..

My friend tells me shortlisted doesn't mean offered... he got offered 1 day after Hackathon in sept.

sad :(

Unregistered 15-10-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186458)
Anyone else haven't get offered after being shortlisted?

Me too, been waiting for a while

Unregistered 15-10-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186461)
me... been waiting very long already..

My friend tells me shortlisted doesn't mean offered... he got offered 1 day after Hackathon in sept.

sad :(

Oh wow thatís pretty messed up if they donít offer even after telling you youíre shortlisted.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186469)
Oh wow thatís pretty messed up if they donít offer even after telling you youíre shortlisted.

I guess it makes sense.

When I Google, people also say shortlisted just means you might get offered.

If it was an offer then I don't see why can't they just offer me like they did my friend 1 day after hackathon... We both went for the same virtual event.. On the same day..

Unregistered 15-10-2021 03:29 PM

Congratulations to those who accepted the offer. The SEED program is comparable to working in FAANGs, there are excellent engineers and coding standards in DBS. Excellent exit opportunities too.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186493)
Congratulations to those who accepted the offer. The SEED program is comparable to working in FAANGs, there are excellent engineers and coding standards in DBS. Excellent exit opportunities too.

agreed!

Congrats everyone. Like the guy above said, can go up to 7k in 2 years. That's damn fast progression, I guarantee it's faster than FAANG also.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 04:38 PM

If you can make it go SVP in 6 years, then they are comparable.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186502)
agreed!

Congrats everyone. Like the guy above said, can go up to 7k in 2 years. That's damn fast progression, I guarantee it's faster than FAANG also.

Yup.

Wheres that hardstuck guy now? Hahahaha

Pay bump is confirmed already, up to 7k :)

The jealousy is real. DBS SEED is one of the higher paying tech roles in sg.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 07:55 PM

It's not all sunshine and rainbows incoming SEEDers. It's true that 7k after 2 yrs is possible but don't expect anything to drop from the sky if you're just bang average. Working hours can be long depending on your team. Just come in be curious, be a good team player and don't be toxic. We have a culture of learning here, and you can absorb a lot in 2 yrs. After 2 yrs if you discover your niche there are opportunities to exit too as mentioned by someone earlier.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 08:51 PM

How many months bonus do SEEDers get?

Unregistered 15-10-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186551)
How many months bonus do SEEDers get?

Got my letter of appointment. Variable bonus

Unregistered 15-10-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186551)
How many months bonus do SEEDers get?

0 bonus. Variable is business term for "maybe". Check the first few pages of this thread.

Also wow 7k a month? that's crazy.

Last time I work at DBS was in 2018, I wanted to try local bank after 5 YOE in JP Morgan. The SEEDers are quite hardworking people but I've never heard of them getting pay bumps tho, is it new this year?

7k / month after 2 years means that if you start at 5k, after 1st year you get 20% pay bump, then 2nd year you get 16.5% pay bump at 6k = 7k.

36.5% total pay bump in 2 years... wow crazy. Never heard of this ever, DBS must be damn rich lol

DBS Shet 15-10-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186555)
0 bonus. Variable is business term for "maybe". Check the first few pages of this thread.

Also wow 7k a month? that's crazy.

Last time I work at DBS was in 2018, I wanted to try local bank after 5 YOE in JP Morgan. The SEEDers are quite hardworking people but I've never heard of them getting pay bumps tho, is it new this year?

7k / month after 2 years means that if you start at 5k, after 1st year you get 20% pay bump, then 2nd year you get 16.5% pay bump at 6k = 7k.

36.5% total pay bump in 2 years... wow crazy. Never heard of this ever, DBS must be damn rich lol

are u dumb? of course the 7k is a lie LOL

hardstuck 5k for 2 years, its a contract job LOL 35% bump in contract? dream on.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186555)
0 bonus. Variable is business term for "maybe". Check the first few pages of this thread.

Also wow 7k a month? that's crazy.

Last time I work at DBS was in 2018, I wanted to try local bank after 5 YOE in JP Morgan. The SEEDers are quite hardworking people but I've never heard of them getting pay bumps tho, is it new this year?

7k / month after 2 years means that if you start at 5k, after 1st year you get 20% pay bump, then 2nd year you get 16.5% pay bump at 6k = 7k.

36.5% total pay bump in 2 years... wow crazy. Never heard of this ever, DBS must be damn rich lol

then next year fire them because of bad economic outlook.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 10:12 PM

Contract has no pay bump lol hardstuck 5k confirmed

7k? 2k increase in 2 years? Lol dream on

Unregistered 16-10-2021 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186577)
Contract has no pay bump lol hardstuck 5k confirmed

7k? 2k increase in 2 years? Lol dream on

Hardstuck guy is back 😀😀😀

Unregistered 16-10-2021 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186469)
Oh wow thatís pretty messed up if they donít offer even after telling you youíre shortlisted.

It's due to the background checks. My friend was shortlisted but received a call from HR in the evening saying that he failed the background check and can't get the offer.

Unregistered 16-10-2021 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186598)
It's due to the background checks. My friend was shortlisted but received a call from HR in the evening saying that he failed the background check and can't get the offer.

huh?

So all those people who get offer hours after hackathon, u telling me HR managed to check their background, all of them, within hours?

Doesn't make sense..

Unregistered 16-10-2021 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186599)
huh?

So all those people who get offer hours after hackathon, u telling me HR managed to check their background, all of them, within hours?

Doesn't make sense..

Shortlisting notice was 2 weeks back, the rejection call happened today evening...

Unregistered 16-10-2021 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186602)
Shortlisting notice was 2 weeks back, the rejection call happened today evening...

How can someone fail the background check?

Unregistered 16-10-2021 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186602)
Shortlisting notice was 2 weeks back, the rejection call happened today evening...

Jesus, u can't fking read.

Asking u how they do BG check so fast for those who got offer immediately after TechTrek.. Instead u tell me some ireelevant nonsense, knn

Unregistered 16-10-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186606)
Jesus, u can't fking read.

Asking u how they do BG check so fast for those who got offer immediately after TechTrek.. Instead u tell me some ireelevant nonsense, knn

Might be wrong, but I believe the background checks are outsourced to firms which specialise in doing that kind of work. Methinks those who got an offer immediately after TT were those who were shortlisted early on due to their educational & internship background (and thus the check was done in advance). Another explanation regarding the speed of processing the background check is that it's been done before for them (e.g. current or previously employed at DBS, like internships).

kim1995 17-10-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186709)
Might be wrong, but I believe the background checks are outsourced to firms which specialise in doing that kind of work. Methinks those who got an offer immediately after TT were those who were shortlisted early on due to their educational & internship background (and thus the check was done in advance). Another explanation regarding the speed of processing the background check is that it's been done before for them (e.g. current or previously employed at DBS, like internships).

No you are correct.

Background checks are either done by external services or internally. If it's internal, they'll only check your education background and criminal records.

They MAY not check your employment history because if I recall, you need to sign a document first allowing it and give reference for them to call up / verify with. They can't just call your previous job HR and ask "hey did Kim work here from 2018 to 2019?".

So if you get rejected after being shortlisted, don't worry too much about it. Unless you have criminal records, you're just put on hold in case those who got offered don't take the offer... and if they do take the offer then they'll of course reject you.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim1995 (Post 186797)
No you are correct.

Background checks are either done by external services or internally. If it's internal, they'll only check your education background and criminal records.

They MAY not check your employment history because if I recall, you need to sign a document first allowing it and give reference for them to call up / verify with. They can't just call your previous job HR and ask "hey did Kim work here from 2018 to 2019?".

So if you get rejected after being shortlisted, don't worry too much about it. Unless you have criminal records, you're just put on hold in case those who got offered don't take the offer... and if they do take the offer then they'll of course reject you.

Wait, but if they reject you it means that you didn't pass the background checks right? Even so there's still a possibility of them offering you if others don't take the offer?

Or do you mean that they reject because of other reasons like hitting some quota? Then in this case why send the shortlist email and give ppl hope :(

kim1995 18-10-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186833)
Wait, but if they reject you it means that you didn't pass the background checks right? Even so there's still a possibility of them offering you if others don't take the offer?

Or do you mean that they reject because of other reasons like hitting some quota? Then in this case why send the shortlist email and give ppl hope :(

Sorry what I meant by "don't worry too much about it" was that you can always work at other places, don't get fixated on 1 company...

I didn't mean it as "If you get rejected, you might get re-offered".

Also yes to your last part, they will reject you for reasons other than background checks. Shortlisted just means "on hold", on hold can be for many reasons.

1. Pending background check
2. Pending further review on your Techtrek performance
3. Comparing you with the other shortlisted individuals to find a favorable candidate out of the rest

In a lot of companies that do programs like this, they can't estimate who will take the offers and who won't. So say if there's only 100 spots available for 2022.

For example, each TechTrek, you can have 10-20 people with offers. The rest, shortlisted.

Say if those people decline their offer, then of course they'll look at the shortlisted people and offer them instead. Why? because... end goal is to fill up the quota, shortlisting people is a great way to fill it because not everyone who got offered will accept. So yeah you're 100% right, it's like "hitting some quota".

They also need to fill this quota because all that event planning, Techtrek etc all cost time and money. It just wouldn't make sense to outright reject the shortlisted people... so they will keep people in "shortlisted" status for a while. Maybe until TT2, or TT3.

Unregistered 18-10-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim1995 (Post 186961)
Sorry what I meant by "don't worry too much about it" was that you can always work at other places, don't get fixated on 1 company...

I didn't mean it as "If you get rejected, you might get re-offered".

Also yes to your last part, they will reject you for reasons other than background checks. Shortlisted just means "on hold", on hold can be for many reasons.

1. Pending background check
2. Pending further review on your Techtrek performance
3. Comparing you with the other shortlisted individuals to find a favorable candidate out of the rest

In a lot of companies that do programs like this, they can't estimate who will take the offers and who won't. So say if there's only 100 spots available for 2022.

For example, each TechTrek, you can have 10-20 people with offers. The rest, shortlisted.

Say if those people decline their offer, then of course they'll look at the shortlisted people and offer them instead. Why? because... end goal is to fill up the quota, shortlisting people is a great way to fill it because not everyone who got offered will accept. So yeah you're 100% right, it's like "hitting some quota".

They also need to fill this quota because all that event planning, Techtrek etc all cost time and money. It just wouldn't make sense to outright reject the shortlisted people... so they will keep people in "shortlisted" status for a while. Maybe until TT2, or TT3.

Ah I see, thanks for the elaboration! Guess I'll just keep up with the job hunt :')

cookiescream 19-10-2021 11:54 AM

Hi, I see the application is still open, is it too late too apply nowfor the Jan intake? would I still be considered for TechTrek? I see all others have applied early and I'm a bit worried I have lost all chances..

Unregistered 19-10-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiescream (Post 187057)
Hi, I see the application is still open, is it too late too apply nowfor the Jan intake? would I still be considered for TechTrek? I see all others have applied early and I'm a bit worried I have lost all chances..

I didn't bother to complete the assessment cus I'm not interested on being video recorded while doing their tests, but they still consistently send me emails asking me to complete the assessment. I think you'll be fine.

Unregistered 19-10-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiescream (Post 187057)
Hi, I see the application is still open, is it too late too apply nowfor the Jan intake? would I still be considered for TechTrek? I see all others have applied early and I'm a bit worried I have lost all chances..

no u can still apply and get in

not everyone will accept the offer like that guy above u say

my friend last year enter in nov also still got offered

really not too late one, unless u apply in dec or something then i dunno, i dont think apply in dec can go jan intake

Unregistered 19-10-2021 05:32 PM

I got the shortlisted email on 7th for the sept hackathon, taleo status is still on selection but haven't got the offer letter and got no info about rejection, should I just assume I've been rejected?

Unregistered 19-10-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187086)
I got the shortlisted email on 7th for the sept hackathon, taleo status is still on selection but haven't got the offer letter and got no info about rejection, should I just assume I've been rejected?

In the shortlisted email, did they say whether they are doing the background check for you?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2