Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 07-10-2021 04:32 PM

Just curious for those who applied, what are some of your backgrounds? Uni. major, tech proficiency etc?

Unregistered 07-10-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185577)
As someone who has been lurking in this thread and has just got the shortlist email (no offer). There seems to be a lot of misinformation here. Just hang tight and don’t stress guys.

LOL so true! I lol-ed at the 3 joker pretending to be hackathon assessors and the guy w 52.4k offer 🙃

Unregistered 07-10-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185559)
No, but i already had my HR interview during the hackathon itself.

[same person]
Ok got the ‘shortlisted’ email for pending checks few hours later lol.

Unregistered 07-10-2021 05:05 PM

Yeap, i also got the shortlisted email and pending checks. Checked my status in taleo still in selection.

Unregistered 07-10-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185578)
Just curious for those who applied, what are some of your backgrounds? Uni. major, tech proficiency etc?

I'm a uni student whose going to graduate in 2022. Currently doing Bachelor in CS (Big Data).

Unregistered 07-10-2021 09:25 PM

For those that got shortlisted, how did you guys think you personally performed in the hackathon? And will you be accepting the offer?

Unregistered 08-10-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185614)
For those that got shortlisted, how did you guys think you personally performed in the hackathon? And will you be accepting the offer?

didn't do particularly amazing. was not the stand out guy in my group. currently have other interview processes going so I will be seeing how that turns out.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 03:21 PM

Usually for jan batch, will it start on the first or second week of jan?

Thangtvn96 09-10-2021 03:28 AM

For anyone who is still an undergrad, you can try the DBS internship programme. Here is an article that explained the difference between a normal internship with a structured internship programme as well as a list of internship programmes in Singapore.

Unregistered 11-10-2021 06:52 AM

Hi for those who are going for the techtrek 2 on 11 Nov, do you guys remember which day is the briefing? is it 28 oct?

Unregistered 11-10-2021 07:27 PM

DBS Tech Seed Salary

2020 Salary was $5k
2021 Salary is $5.5k
2022 Batch might increase again

This is a 2 year program subsidized by IMDA, with a contract.
It's a perm position that goes into an Associate role after 2 years with 20% of the cohort to be released at end of 2 years.

Benefits, leaves, bonuses, banking benefits are of those like a perm staff at the Analyst level (24 days AL, + 2 days family leave or 7 days if you have a kid etc)

Unregistered 11-10-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185895)
2020 Salary was $5k
2021 Salary is $5.5k

It's a perm position that goes into an Associate role after 2 years with 20% of the cohort to be released at end of 2 years.

Benefits, leaves, bonuses, banking benefits are of those like a perm staff at the Analyst level (24 days AL, + 2 days family leave or 7 days if you have a kid etc)

huh

so benefits, leaves, bonuses etc only comes after the 2 year contract?

during the first 2 years, no bonus? only fixed pay of 5.5k monthly? yikes

Unregistered 11-10-2021 11:22 PM

Sounds abit bs. I think its 5k for most isn’t it?

Unregistered 12-10-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185924)
Sounds abit bs. I think its 5k for most isn’t it?

not sure leh, my friend got offered for the hackathon on thursday last month, he say the offer only states annual pay 55k which is like 4.5k a month.

i dunno where all these people get 5k from... NTU email says 5k ya but so far none of my comp science with honours friends got 5k lol

Unregistered 12-10-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185853)
Hi for those who are going for the techtrek 2 on 11 Nov, do you guys remember which day is the briefing? is it 28 oct?

Can choose either 28 oct or 3 nov

Unregistered 12-10-2021 05:00 PM

Attended TT1. Got the shortlist email last Thursday and a call from HR this morning regarding the programme and offer followed by formal offer via email.

Base salary is 60k, ie 5k a month. Bonus was said to be "competitive" subject to bank's performance, though they did say that they managed to pay it out last year despite the pandemic.

As said before, benefits are the same as those of perm staff (24 days AL + 2 days family leave, preferential interest rates, etc)

Anyone else got offer?

Unregistered 12-10-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185984)
Attended TT1. Got the shortlist email last Thursday and a call from HR this morning regarding the programme and offer followed by formal offer via email.

Base salary is 60k, ie 5k a month. Bonus was said to be "competitive" subject to bank's performance, though they did say that they managed to pay it out last year despite the pandemic.

As said before, benefits are the same as those of perm staff (24 days AL + 2 days family leave, preferential interest rates, etc)

Anyone else got offer?

Second this, I got exactly the same

Unregistered 12-10-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Anyone else got offer?

wow that sucks, hardstuck 5k for 2 years, with year-end bonus but no stock option... damn.

i guess if u have no where else then this is ok

Unregistered 12-10-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186003)
wow that sucks, hardstuck 5k for 2 years, with year-end bonus but no stock option... damn.

i guess if u have no where else then this is ok

What's your offer package?

Unregistered 12-10-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Anyone else got offer?

Hi sorry, I just want to check, I got offer but I don't see bonus anywhere... All I see is 60k annual.. means no bonus for me?

Is it different for people? I chose the developer role... not info-sec.

Unregistered 12-10-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186019)
Hi sorry, I just want to check, I got offer but I don't see bonus anywhere... All I see is 60k annual.. means no bonus for me?

Is it different for people? I chose the developer role... not info-sec.

You don't see a Variable Bonus / Variable Wage Supplement? Maybe check with HR about it

Unregistered 13-10-2021 05:21 PM

Posting to verify corroborate what a previous poster said and debunk the misinformation about the benefits package.

Salary:
5k base, 60k per annum. Bonus subject to personal & bank's performance.

Leave:
24 days AL + 2 family days (various other benefits in the offer letter incl. insurance etc.)

Unregistered 13-10-2021 07:12 PM

Got the shortlisted email last Thursday but haven't got the offer yet, anybody else?

Unregistered 13-10-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186034)
You don't see a Variable Bonus / Variable Wage Supplement? Maybe check with HR about it

no I don't see anywhere...

Damn, i called HR also they told me not everyone gets the same package.

I think I know why also lol i feel like I didn't speak much during hackathon... Zzzz I was helping my team setup the API cause no one knows how to do.. My fault I guess

Unregistered 13-10-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186143)

I think I know why also lol i feel like I didn't speak much during hackathon... Zzzz I was helping my team setup the API cause no one knows how to do.. My fault I guess

Everyone gets the same package lol

Unregistered 13-10-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186143)

no bonus? LOL ooof

hardstuck 60k for 2 years, thats rough

Unregistered 13-10-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186172)
no bonus? LOL ooof

hardstuck 60k for 2 years, thats rough

Lol why do you keep commenting the same thing over and over again. Stop being butthurt that you got rejected and start reapplying to other jobs

Unregistered 13-10-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186141)
Got the shortlisted email last Thursday but haven't got the offer yet, anybody else?

Me too, haven't got the offer yet

Unregistered 13-10-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185895)
2020 Salary was $5k
2021 Salary is $5.5k

This is accurate,

last year was 5.5k, this year it's 5.8k, i got my offer email and submitted all my documents on taleo.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186185)
This is accurate,

last year was 5.5k, this year it's 5.8k, i got my offer email and submitted all my documents on taleo.

Honestly, just don't take what you heard here as the truth.

Some people may just be butthurt and want to stir.

Take it with a pinch of salt, but my understanding is that the package is standard 5k. Heard from a friend in the previous June (2021) batch that their starting was 5k too (honestly, if NUS Comp only gets 5k, what makes you think you deserve more?).

Also, to the person who commented about it being hardstuck 5k twice, did you get kicked out after a year? If you have nothing constructive to add, you know what to do la hor. If you had gotten the offer you would have known that they did not mention that there's no salary increment.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186185)
This is accurate,

why all so different??

My email says 65k annual... How u get 5.8k? Means u get 70k annual? Cannot be.

I'm infoSec btw with 1.5 YOE... Can I ask what's ur background? What role u get?

I got into the IBGT team

Unregistered 14-10-2021 07:57 AM

Hihi, just curious! Those new/current seeders, what laptop are you guys provided with? Also will there be a work phone etc..? Thanks! :)

Unregistered 14-10-2021 10:05 AM

Wew dbs pays 5k+ already? Then FANG must be lowball sia, only pay 7.5k with a lot tougher interviews and job requirements.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186141)

Me too. Ive checked Taleo and the job application status is completed.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186232)
Wew dbs pays 5k+ already? Then FANG must be lowball sia, only pay 7.5k with a lot tougher interviews and job requirements.

bro...

Contract job vs FTE....

Non FAANG also pays 5-6k with stocks, bonuses and salary bump every year.

DBS seed is contract with SGTraineeship. No salary bump ( typical contract ) and no conversion to full time guaranteed.

How is FAANG low ball lol at the end of 2 years that 7.5k can hit 8k and over while the DBS Seed stops at 5k. If converted, need 1 year as a full time before pay bump.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186245)
bro...

Contract job vs FTE....

Non FAANG also pays 5-6k with stocks, bonuses and salary bump every year.

DBS seed is contract with SGTraineeship. No salary bump ( typical contract ) and no conversion to full time guaranteed.

How is FAANG low ball lol at the end of 2 years that 7.5k can hit 8k and over while the DBS Seed stops at 5k. If converted, need 1 year as a full time before pay bump.

By your logic, this dbs programme need 3 years before can get pay bump, which is nonsense lol

Unregistered 14-10-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186247)
By your logic, this dbs programme need 3 years before can get pay bump, which is nonsense lol

ya

that's my whole point lol the starting pay is based on the fact that it's

1. A contract based job for 2 years
2. Literally says it on their website, it's a Training Program...
3. No pay bump because again, it's a contract role.

literally all contract jobs are like this. even the ST engineering one, even the govtech one, same for UOB bank..... many more.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186262)
ya

that's my whole point lol the starting pay is based on the fact that it's

1. A contract based job for 2 years
2. Literally says it on their website, it's a Training Program...
3. No pay bump because again, it's a contract role.

literally all contract jobs are like this. even the ST engineering one, even the govtech one, same for UOB bank..... many more.

Hello just want to counter your point right here cos,

1. Know people in program who have had pay increments after 1 year. Just because they don't specifically state that there is doesn't mean that there isn't.

2. From what I've seen, shift to associate role after the program does come with a pay bump as well.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186270)
Hello just want to counter your point right here cos,

1. Know people in program who have had pay increments after 1 year. Just because they don't specifically state that there is doesn't mean that there isn't.

2. From what I've seen, shift to associate role after the program does come with a pay bump as well.

Yup I agree with this.

I also have friends in the IBGT team of DBS, they get 5.5k a month and bump to 7k before the contract ends.

Haters need to stop coming here and crying. Are you butthurt? I'm former Seed, now making more than all the FAANG kids. Hahah contract job so what? We make more than the full time employees LOL

Unregistered 14-10-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186237)
Me too. Ive checked Taleo and the job application status is completed.

Same, but my application status in Taleo is Selection.