Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 01-08-2022 02:00 PM

eh sorry its 5th sept haha. still waiting.... patiently for the offer letter.....

Unregistered 01-08-2022 03:42 PM

since when DBS have sept intake?

thought it was July or Jan... am I wrong?

Unregistered 01-08-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227078)

We special species

Unregistered 01-08-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226526)
Too many liars in this thread, let me share my experience.

I'm currently in the SEED program, my team finished around 2PM from last year's batch. I got my call on Sat noon, only after I signed my offer on taleo then it became "completed". When you get offered you will get a separate tab on taleo. DBS process is quite restricted hence a lot of it is manually done hence there's delays. Your taleo status means nothing, they can complete your checks without calling you first.

Some of you are applying for Jan 2023 right? I had to wait almost 2 months for my offer after TT so...

When I first joined in 2021, I had to go through 6 weeks of banking training. Mostly just online learning stuffs. We also had to do some volunteering thing for seniors called people of purpose. All of you have to do this every year.

We also had 0 tech training at all and quite a number of people have already quit because of that. They preach "on the job training" but the reality is that there's also no guarantee that you will be a developer even though you pick developer track, it's all 100% randomly assigned... which means you could be an Analyst or a Project Manager and do absolutely 0 code but prepare financial documents ( hence why there's 6 weeks of pure bank training )

You can only rotate after 1 year so if you're unlucky, you will never code for the first year. This is good news for those of you who don't give a crap about coding and just want the easy 5.5k.

Also the guy saying "join this program for what if they can code", like I said there's a high chance you won't get to code at all in your job. I know it says "tech" program but DBS has a different idea of what "tech" means.

Anyway good luck, be open minded and just enjoy your time. I'm on my way to office now, if any questions I can answer later on my phone during lunch or something.

hellooo thank you sm for your insights lmao and it's ok this is great - i don't really wna code either hahaha just a question tho! i know there's a 6 week training + assessment, does the assessment determine anything? i heard that it's "graded" somewhat lmao so i'm just wondering what ur "grade" determines :-///

Unregistered 01-08-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227078)

I am curious too. Jan and july intake already went in. Dk why they still recruiting sep / oct.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227098)
I am curious too. Jan and july intake already went in. Dk why they still recruiting sep / oct.

Maybe they need more manpower? Or find people to replace

Unregistered 01-08-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227044)
anyone got offered already? starting date 3rd sept?

3rd September is a fking Saturday you stupid fking retard

Stfu you reject. try again next year

Unregistered 01-08-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227101)

Dude you need to chill, he already said that he type wrongly right haha

Unregistered 01-08-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227101)

I doubt anybody will get rejected by DBS seed anyway lol. Is either they go in cmi and got fired or they cannot tahan the long working hours

Unregistered 01-08-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227100)
Maybe they need more manpower? Or find people to replace

True... just feel a little bit sus haha.