Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 28-07-2022 12:59 AM

Okay this time really shortlisted email come Liao. Fk the sun ppl -.-

Unregistered 28-07-2022 01:37 AM

Unregistered 28-07-2022 08:05 AM

Too many liars in this thread, let me share my experience.

I'm currently in the SEED program, my team finished around 2PM from last year's batch. I got my call on Sat noon, only after I signed my offer on taleo then it became "completed". When you get offered you will get a separate tab on taleo. DBS process is quite restricted hence a lot of it is manually done hence there's delays. Your taleo status means nothing, they can complete your checks without calling you first.

Some of you are applying for Jan 2023 right? I had to wait almost 2 months for my offer after TT so...

When I first joined in 2021, I had to go through 6 weeks of banking training. Mostly just online learning stuffs. We also had to do some volunteering thing for seniors called people of purpose. All of you have to do this every year.

We also had 0 tech training at all and quite a number of people have already quit because of that. They preach "on the job training" but the reality is that there's also no guarantee that you will be a developer even though you pick developer track, it's all 100% randomly assigned... which means you could be an Analyst or a Project Manager and do absolutely 0 code but prepare financial documents ( hence why there's 6 weeks of pure bank training )

You can only rotate after 1 year so if you're unlucky, you will never code for the first year. This is good news for those of you who don't give a crap about coding and just want the easy 5.5k.

Also the guy saying "join this program for what if they can code", like I said there's a high chance you won't get to code at all in your job. I know it says "tech" program but DBS has a different idea of what "tech" means.

Anyway good luck, be open minded and just enjoy your time. I'm on my way to office now, if any questions I can answer later on my phone during lunch or something.

Unregistered 28-07-2022 08:26 AM

Huat ah nonid sell butt anymore. Fugg the fake news sunday gang

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226527)
Huat ah nonid sell butt anymore. Fugg the fake news sunday gang

does shortlisted means will get offer email soon ah? idw to sell butt...

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226526)

I'm currently in the SEED program, my team finished around 2PM from last year's batch. I got my call on Sat noon, only after I signed my offer on taleo then it became "completed". When you get offered you will get a separate tab on taleo. DBS process is quite restricted hence a lot of it is manually done hence there's delays. Your taleo status means nothing, they can complete your checks without calling you first.

Some of you are applying for Jan 2023 right? I had to wait almost 2 months for my offer after TT so...

When I first joined in 2021, I had to go through 6 weeks of banking training. Mostly just online learning stuffs. We also had to do some volunteering thing for seniors called people of purpose. All of you have to do this every year.

We also had 0 tech training at all and quite a number of people have already quit because of that. They preach "on the job training" but the reality is that there's also no guarantee that you will be a developer even though you pick developer track, it's all 100% randomly assigned... which means you could be an Analyst or a Project Manager and do absolutely 0 code but prepare financial documents ( hence why there's 6 weeks of pure bank training )

You can only rotate after 1 year so if you're unlucky, you will never code for the first year. This is good news for those of you who don't give a crap about coding and just want the easy 5.5k.

Also the guy saying "join this program for what if they can code", like I said there's a high chance you won't get to code at all in your job. I know it says "tech" program but DBS has a different idea of what "tech" means.

Anyway good luck, be open minded and just enjoy your time. I'm on my way to office now, if any questions I can answer later on my phone during lunch or something.

Okay I don’t care whether got coding or not. But is there any salary increment?

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226526)

Thanks for sharing.. If they dont provide coding tranings, how do they ensure our skills for coding if we were to get into developer track? You mentioned analyst and project management, care to share more about the roles if didnt get into developer track?

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226531)
does shortlisted means will get offer email soon ah? idw to sell butt...

Bro u trolling or what? We most probably receive the same email around 12+, the email clearly states that they are doing background check and will send us a form to put our commencement date zzz. U confirm is the stupid sun ppl trolling here

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226535)
Bro u trolling or what? We most probably receive the same email around 12+, the email clearly states that they are doing background check and will send us a form to put our commencement date zzz. U confirm is the stupid sun ppl trolling here

Bro.. that's the way HR phrase right...we might just be backup and no news afterward. U can read up the older posts in 2021 and 2020. some got shortlisted and no news for very long.

Unregistered 28-07-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226536)
Bro.. that's the way HR phrase right...we might just be backup and no news afterward. U can read up the older posts in 2021 and 2020. some got shortlisted and no news for very long.

Aiya just see whether they got send us the form this week uh, if dont have then we go sell butt on monday la