Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 25-12-2020 03:03 AM

I july batch. Nothing so far. Already accepted the e-offer couple weeks back.

Anyway I got in without knowing any angular or react during the hackathon lmao. Just need show you can communicate well.

Unregistered 25-12-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151961)

Anyway I got in without knowing any angular or react during the hackathon lmao. Just need show you can communicate well.

There’s no e-offer. The conditional offer that is pending pre employment checks is just a verbal offer extended to you. No agreement needed

Unregistered 25-12-2020 05:57 PM

It says offer of employment though

Unregistered 25-12-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152004)
It says offer of employment though

If the email you received is talking about the conditional offer that is pending pre-employment checks, it is a verbal offer. Unless you received a link from DBS to accept the offer through the portal, which will state the salary and bonus etc.. then that’s a legit offer

Unregistered 25-12-2020 11:28 PM

Or it could be you were from the September batch which all the e-offers would have been sent out.

Unregistered 26-12-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Same here. I got in without knowing any framework for web dev. I only went in knowing the basics of C++ and python and I have a moderate amount of experience making GUI application. I dont even have a degree in CS or computer related field. The road ahead is long lol

Unregistered 26-12-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152024)
Same here. I got in without knowing any framework for web dev. I only went in knowing the basics of C++ and python and I have a moderate amount of experience making GUI application. I dont even have a degree in CS or computer related field. The road ahead is long lol

Haha you're an outlier. Heard that each round of recruitment process they process 1000 applications. Then only about 10% got into the hackthon and probably cut down by half after it. So about 5% got in each time.

Unregistered 26-12-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152026)
Haha you're an outlier. Heard that each round of recruitment process they process 1000 applications. Then only about 10% got into the hackthon and probably cut down by half after it. So about 5% got in each time.

Thought they say they hired 70% of the techtrek participants haha

Unregistered 26-12-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

They do the 50:50 gender ratio hiring (women in tech BS), and you know CS course aint 50:50..
From what I seen if your a girl and join the hackathon your sure to get in.
Whatsworse incompetent girl

Unregistered 26-12-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152035)
They do the 50:50 gender ratio hiring (women in tech BS), and you know CS course aint 50:50..
From what I seen if your a girl and join the hackathon your sure to get in.
Whatsworse incompetent girl

Sad but its true, im in another bank as a software engineer. Joined via their hackathon as well. Women in Tech is a discriminatory hiring practice IMHO given that Computer Science cohorts have a higher ratio of males.

I am not saying that all women software engineers are bad, but the hiring practice of 50:50 isn't based on meritocracy as there are fast-tracked & less-stringent hiring interviews for women as compared to men.

I know of females (2nd lower results) who only require 1 interview to get the same job whereas the males (2nd upper) had to go through 2 to 3 rounds of interviews. In fact the job description required a 2nd upper (common for banks).

I don't know why nobody speaks up on this issue, but anyone can correct me if I am wrong and provide your input.