DBS tech seed programme - Page 197 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS tech seed programme

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1961 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2022, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol pls dont. Ncs dosent use open source tools like python. You’ll be using those vendor crap tools…go to a tech/fintech company
really? interesting because i got a few friends there and they use python

JD also said JS and python but alright just to be on the safe side i'll check again, thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL why are yall talking about NCS here. NCS workplace culture is toxic af. you can cross check on forums / reddit
because someone asked what my other offers were so i just told them the truth, NCS and ST engineering.

maybe i went off topic with it, my bad.

Reply With Quote
  #1962 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 02:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone from TT5 recevied offer letter? I was shortlisted but still waiting for offer letter.

Reply With Quote
  #1963 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 10:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
really? interesting because i got a few friends there and they use python

JD also said JS and python but alright just to be on the safe side i'll check again, thanks.


because someone asked what my other offers were so i just told them the truth, NCS and ST engineering.

maybe i went off topic with it, my bad.
That moron is lying to you LMAO.

NCS does use Python, I don't know about JavaScript but definitely Python... Literally go look at their LinkedIn Page and the projects that they have worked on...'

Their research roles literally all use Python. Also what WLB ******** are people talking about here? You read a bunch of ancedotal evidence trash from forums / reddit from people you don't even know? LOL

I could say NCS = Godtier WLB, 10k base pay, would you believe me? No right? Don't be so dumb lmao no wonder you got rejected from DBS.

Reply With Quote
  #1964 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 02:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
really? interesting because i got a few friends there and they use python

JD also said JS and python but alright just to be on the safe side i'll check again, thanks.
It is highly dependent on proj. Usually projs dont use open source stuff like python, JS is likely tho for software dev. Python is more for POCs and not the heavy development work. Best to check with hiring manager. Also no reason for you to take a pay cut to ncs, easily better opportunities out there.

Source: From the sh1thole ncs and much happier moving to a tech company while rejecting companies like dbs along the way.
Reply With Quote
  #1965 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 02:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That moron is lying to you LMAO.

NCS does use Python, I don't know about JavaScript but definitely Python... Literally go look at their LinkedIn Page and the projects that they have worked on...'

Their research roles literally all use Python. Also what WLB ******** are people talking about here? You read a bunch of ancedotal evidence trash from forums / reddit from people you don't even know? LOL

I could say NCS = Godtier WLB, 10k base pay, would you believe me? No right? Don't be so dumb lmao no wonder you got rejected from DBS.
You are fking stupid, you base your conclusion from some research role on the company website? Do you even know what ncs do and what is a SI? No wonder theres a saying when you’re dumb you dont realize it, but its ppl around that are affected the most.
Reply With Quote
  #1966 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That moron is lying to you LMAO.

NCS does use Python, I don't know about JavaScript but definitely Python... Literally go look at their LinkedIn Page and the projects that they have worked on...'

Their research roles literally all use Python. Also what WLB ******** are people talking about here? You read a bunch of ancedotal evidence trash from forums / reddit from people you don't even know? LOL

I could say NCS = Godtier WLB, 10k base pay, would you believe me? No right? Don't be so dumb lmao no wonder you got rejected from DBS.
dude chill... i mean i dont know hence why i asked to clarify... jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is highly dependent on proj. Usually projs dont use open source stuff like python, JS is likely tho for software dev. Python is more for POCs and not the heavy development work. Best to check with hiring manager. Also no reason for you to take a pay cut to ncs, easily better opportunities out there.

Source: From the sh1thole ncs and much happier moving to a tech company while rejecting companies like dbs along the way.
hey man yeah i just checked with my friends and they said the same thing you did haha my apologies,

well this kind of sucks, i hate having to interview again but i guess it is what it is, thanks again!
Reply With Quote

  #1967 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Non tech seed programme

Sorry for hijacking this active thread for DBS employment processes.
Anyone actually applied for one of their opened position from their career site and can share the process, pls do not share any confidential information like salary, packages etc

Couple of weeks ago, I applied directly for an opened position for DBS, IT Infra engineering role.

Went through 3 rounds of interview. 2 with VP and 1 with HR.
All were positive while the HR round was hopefully as they shared non public data like welfare and some other staff benefits.

On the same day after the interview with HR. Received automated email from DBS to submit personal documents like past payslips, appraisals and NRIC etc together with CBS report via taleo.

By the looks of it, everything seems to be on a positive side. Anyone has the same experience?
Reply With Quote
  #1968 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry for hijacking this active thread for DBS employment processes.
Anyone actually applied for one of their opened position from their career site and can share the process, pls do not share any confidential information like salary, packages etc

Couple of weeks ago, I applied directly for an opened position for DBS, IT Infra engineering role.

Went through 3 rounds of interview. 2 with VP and 1 with HR.
All were positive while the HR round was hopefully as they shared non public data like welfare and some other staff benefits.

On the same day after the interview with HR. Received automated email from DBS to submit personal documents like past payslips, appraisals and NRIC etc together with CBS report via taleo.

By the looks of it, everything seems to be on a positive side. Anyone has the same experience?
i hate to burst your bubbles but

"On the same day after the interview with HR. Received automated email from DBS to submit personal documents like past payslips, appraisals and NRIC etc together with CBS report via taleo.

By the looks of it, everything seems to be on a positive side. Anyone has the same experience?"

yeah they do this for all their jobs, even this SEED programme. once u submit, u'll just end up waiting for weeks / months as they will decide ur pay based on your past payslips.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1969 (permalink)  
Old 15-05-2022, 04:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i hate to burst your bubbles but

"On the same day after the interview with HR. Received automated email from DBS to submit personal documents like past payslips, appraisals and NRIC etc together with CBS report via taleo.

By the looks of it, everything seems to be on a positive side. Anyone has the same experience?"

yeah they do this for all their jobs, even this SEED programme. once u submit, u'll just end up waiting for weeks / months as they will decide ur pay based on your past payslips.
ah ok. Thanks! No issues of waiting though as I am still employed at this time.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1970 (permalink)  
Old 16-05-2022, 11:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry for hijacking this active thread for DBS employment processes.
Anyone actually applied for one of their opened position from their career site and can share the process, pls do not share any confidential information like salary, packages etc

Couple of weeks ago, I applied directly for an opened position for DBS, IT Infra engineering role.

Went through 3 rounds of interview. 2 with VP and 1 with HR.
All were positive while the HR round was hopefully as they shared non public data like welfare and some other staff benefits.

On the same day after the interview with HR. Received automated email from DBS to submit personal documents like past payslips, appraisals and NRIC etc together with CBS report via taleo.

By the looks of it, everything seems to be on a positive side. Anyone has the same experience?
I'm in the same boat...

Got a competing offer that's due next Wednesday and I am still waiting for the god damn response from DBS. Apparently their HR process takes up to 3 weeks or something that's insane.

I just want to know what the current offer is so that I can negotiate my other offers with lmfao.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? Maxco Income and Jobs 2053 16-09-2023 08:33 PM
ocbc associate/fresh talent programme (ops & tech) janlin Income and Jobs 41 14-05-2015 08:05 PM
NUS: Rank of Programme Officer vs Programme Executive darkstar Income and Jobs 0 21-01-2014 11:36 AM
Eco-Tech @ Sunview Property-NewLaunch Marketplace and Find Work 0 31-07-2013 02:25 PM
UOB Management Associate Programme vs DBS Technology Graduate Executive Programme kitkat Income and Jobs 0 22-05-2012 08:25 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,314 Replies, 670,001 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,009 Replies, 5,277,835 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,179 Replies, 1,124,796 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
473 Replies, 640,874 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,982 Replies, 4,812,696 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,600 Replies, 1,437,645 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,486 Replies, 2,479,417 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 261,910 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,825 Replies, 2,469,656 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,884 Replies, 1,496,843 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,419 Replies, 6,995,490 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,372 Replies, 1,193,399 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
773 Replies, 450,524 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024
4 Replies, 181 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,861 Replies, 1,547,739 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
890 Replies, 422,144 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
162 Replies, 163,450 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 235,645 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
834 Replies, 442,523 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,476 Replies, 12,750,374 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
189 Replies, 322,894 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
939 Replies, 547,340 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,474 Replies, 3,543,659 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,230 Replies, 3,886,500 Views
Dillema: University of Melbourne... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 67,277 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,269 Replies, 10,639,240 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,866 Replies, 1,618,616 Views
Work in SMU ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,034 Views
Anyone from Ministry of Social and... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 19,057 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
517 Replies, 280,276 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2