DBS tech seed programme - Page 191 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS tech seed programme

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1901 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2022, 09:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just want to know, how do yall rate swe jobs in these banks from good to best?

OCBC, SC bank, credit agricole, credit suisse, JP morgan, Macquarie

Are there tiers or what
Well how I do it is by asking friends who are already working in these companies. The #1 most useful thing I did in Uni was to keep in touch with many of my batchmates who were interested in joining banks as SWE.

From there I just see what their experiences are like. For example I have 3 friends in JPM, pay is 5.8 - 6.2k, two of them have shitty WLB, they work till 8pm on most days except Fridays while that 1 other friend only does 8 to 5pm everyday.

I got some batchmates in OCBC tech team, lower pay, better WLB.

Then I basically rank these banks based on what I want. ( Better WLB vs better pay )

That's how I do it tbh. Glassdoor reviews imo are useless... I'm currently in a large tech company with >4.0 glassdoor rating over 30k+ reviews, almost 0 negative reviews yet everyday I see employees arguing in standup meetings and devs fighting over on-call rotations lol.

You really need to get close to your uni batch mates and keep them in touch to get all the useful info.

Reply With Quote
  #1902 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2022, 09:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oh btw another perk of having friends wanting to join similar companies is that they will share interview questions with you... most companies reuse them so it means easier interviews for you too.

But that's if you don't have weird ass friends who wanna gatekeep you from joining lol, from personal experience, I have never met a friend like this so far.

Reply With Quote
  #1903 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well how I do it is by asking friends who are already working in these companies. The #1 most useful thing I did in Uni was to keep in touch with many of my batchmates who were interested in joining banks as SWE.

From there I just see what their experiences are like. For example I have 3 friends in JPM, pay is 5.8 - 6.2k, two of them have shitty WLB, they work till 8pm on most days except Fridays while that 1 other friend only does 8 to 5pm everyday.

I got some batchmates in OCBC tech team, lower pay, better WLB.

Then I basically rank these banks based on what I want. ( Better WLB vs better pay )

That's how I do it tbh. Glassdoor reviews imo are useless... I'm currently in a large tech company with >4.0 glassdoor rating over 30k+ reviews, almost 0 negative reviews yet everyday I see employees arguing in standup meetings and devs fighting over on-call rotations lol.

You really need to get close to your uni batch mates and keep them in touch to get all the useful info.
Do u hv friends fr DBS? How’s the WLB there?

Reply With Quote
  #1904 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2022, 11:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
its 6th may not tomorrow

what result are you waiting for? the team invite?
offer letter, network invite, orientation? we're going for the last round so all would be faster?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1905 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2022, 02:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
offer letter, network invite, orientation? we're going for the last round so all would be faster?
when was your techtrek? I went for Tt4 in March... Got my offer letter last week

Like 30 March Wednesday. If u got verbal offer alr u need to email HR and ask about the letter cause I first got verbal then letter 3 says later
Reply With Quote
  #1906 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when was your techtrek? I went for Tt4 in March... Got my offer letter last week

Like 30 March Wednesday. If u got verbal offer alr u need to email HR and ask about the letter cause I first got verbal then letter 3 says later
did you get anything after signing?
Reply With Quote

  #1907 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2022, 11:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

just got shortlisted, along with 4 of my group mates, anyone else?

the TT today was quite easy, some budget nonsense app, so easy wtf my team finished in 2 hours lmfao. how long after shortlisted will we get the offer letter?
Reply With Quote
  #1908 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2022, 01:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hr messaged within an hour after TT with offer letter, now waiting for other documents after accepting.
Reply With Quote
  #1909 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2022, 10:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hr messaged within an hour after TT with offer letter, now waiting for other documents after accepting.
really? who was the HR?
Reply With Quote
  #1910 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2022, 11:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
really? who was the HR?
Ms D, same HR CCed in the taleo offer email. Same HR for you?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? Maxco Income and Jobs 2000 25-08-2022 06:30 AM
ocbc associate/fresh talent programme (ops & tech) janlin Income and Jobs 41 14-05-2015 08:05 PM
NUS: Rank of Programme Officer vs Programme Executive darkstar Income and Jobs 0 21-01-2014 11:36 AM
Eco-Tech @ Sunview Property-NewLaunch Marketplace and Find Work 0 31-07-2013 02:25 PM
UOB Management Associate Programme vs DBS Technology Graduate Executive Programme kitkat Income and Jobs 0 22-05-2012 08:25 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,158 Replies, 3,150,698 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,143 Replies, 956,608 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,184 Replies, 2,889,153 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,047 Replies, 7,133,555 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
227 Replies, 106,304 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,279 Replies, 2,114,337 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,497 Replies, 725,779 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,940,248 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
563 Replies, 215,421 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
966 Replies, 658,958 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 253,327 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
730 Replies, 205,540 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 181,227 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,398 Replies, 1,170,071 Views
20% salary bump? ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 5,159 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 285,233 Views
RM Salaries and Commissions
0 Replies, 89 Views
What are some good non-fang tech... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 18,709 Views
Be a commodities trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
223 Replies, 216,406 Views
jobs at Tech companies
4 Replies, 3,242 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 114,036 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,689 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 110,616 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
560 Replies, 233,325 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 181,939 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,475 Replies, 2,533,632 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 143,482 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,844 Replies, 9,613,110 Views
Relationship manager / Personal... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 51,150 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 143,381 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2