Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 04-05-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216849)
just want to know, how do yall rate swe jobs in these banks from good to best?

OCBC, SC bank, credit agricole, credit suisse, JP morgan, Macquarie

Are there tiers or what

Well how I do it is by asking friends who are already working in these companies. The #1 most useful thing I did in Uni was to keep in touch with many of my batchmates who were interested in joining banks as SWE.

From there I just see what their experiences are like. For example I have 3 friends in JPM, pay is 5.8 - 6.2k, two of them have shitty WLB, they work till 8pm on most days except Fridays while that 1 other friend only does 8 to 5pm everyday.

I got some batchmates in OCBC tech team, lower pay, better WLB.

Then I basically rank these banks based on what I want. ( Better WLB vs better pay )

That's how I do it tbh. Glassdoor reviews imo are useless... I'm currently in a large tech company with >4.0 glassdoor rating over 30k+ reviews, almost 0 negative reviews yet everyday I see employees arguing in standup meetings and devs fighting over on-call rotations lol.

You really need to get close to your uni batch mates and keep them in touch to get all the useful info.

Unregistered 04-05-2022 09:05 PM

Oh btw another perk of having friends wanting to join similar companies is that they will share interview questions with you... most companies reuse them so it means easier interviews for you too.

But that's if you don't have weird ass friends who wanna gatekeep you from joining lol, from personal experience, I have never met a friend like this so far.

Unregistered 04-05-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216850)
Well how I do it is by asking friends who are already working in these companies. The #1 most useful thing I did in Uni was to keep in touch with many of my batchmates who were interested in joining banks as SWE.

From there I just see what their experiences are like. For example I have 3 friends in JPM, pay is 5.8 - 6.2k, two of them have shitty WLB, they work till 8pm on most days except Fridays while that 1 other friend only does 8 to 5pm everyday.

I got some batchmates in OCBC tech team, lower pay, better WLB.

Then I basically rank these banks based on what I want. ( Better WLB vs better pay )

That's how I do it tbh. Glassdoor reviews imo are useless... I'm currently in a large tech company with >4.0 glassdoor rating over 30k+ reviews, almost 0 negative reviews yet everyday I see employees arguing in standup meetings and devs fighting over on-call rotations lol.

You really need to get close to your uni batch mates and keep them in touch to get all the useful info.

Do u hv friends fr DBS? How’s the WLB there?

Unregistered 04-05-2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216844)
its 6th may not tomorrow

what result are you waiting for? the team invite?

offer letter, network invite, orientation? we're going for the last round so all would be faster?

Unregistered 05-05-2022 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216868)
offer letter, network invite, orientation? we're going for the last round so all would be faster?

when was your techtrek? I went for Tt4 in March... Got my offer letter last week

Like 30 March Wednesday. If u got verbal offer alr u need to email HR and ask about the letter cause I first got verbal then letter 3 says later

Unregistered 05-05-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216870)
when was your techtrek? I went for Tt4 in March... Got my offer letter last week

Like 30 March Wednesday. If u got verbal offer alr u need to email HR and ask about the letter cause I first got verbal then letter 3 says later

did you get anything after signing?

Unregistered 06-05-2022 11:15 PM

just got shortlisted, along with 4 of my group mates, anyone else?

the TT today was quite easy, some budget nonsense app, so easy wtf my team finished in 2 hours lmfao. how long after shortlisted will we get the offer letter?

Unregistered 07-05-2022 01:54 AM

hr messaged within an hour after TT with offer letter, now waiting for other documents after accepting.

Unregistered 07-05-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217060)
hr messaged within an hour after TT with offer letter, now waiting for other documents after accepting.

really? who was the HR?

Unregistered 07-05-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217066)
really? who was the HR?

Ms D, same HR CCed in the taleo offer email. Same HR for you?