Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 09-04-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213152)
Hahahhaa, u joining seed? Would love to meet u

no i already got > 4 yoe in tech so cannot join

Unregistered 10-04-2022 02:02 PM

Any current or ex-seeders, can share yr experience in this program?

Unregistered 10-04-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213290)
Any current or ex-seeders, can share yr experience in this program?

It's good if you can get into software dev team and not devops or info sec.

When I joined I couldn't choose my first team so I got put into devops. Damn fking boring, useless Jenkins ******** that I don't care about. Left after a year cause they wouldn't let me rotate.

Pay is not bad. Benefit back when I joined was $600 yearly. Not sure what is it now. Mine was also 1 year instead of 2 so I just left after a year.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213304)

When I joined I couldn't choose my first team so I got put into devops. Damn fking boring, useless Jenkins ******** that I don't care about. Left after a year cause they wouldn't let me rotate.

Pay is not bad. Benefit back when I joined was $600 yearly. Not sure what is it now. Mine was also 1 year instead of 2 so I just left after a year.

Thanks for sharing this. Is there WLB and do seeders really get to learn a lot during the program?

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213311)
Thanks for sharing this. Is there WLB and do seeders really get to learn a lot during the program?

WLB is dependent on the team you get put onto. Some suck ass, 8 am to 6-7pm kind of thing, others like 8.30 to 5.30, fridays 8.30 to 5pm, etc.

I don't know about "learning a lot", I can tell you this, I barely learned anything... I had friends in Software dev team, they also didn't learn much. Mostly just frontend things that you can find on boot camps online. I'm not sure about the info security side.

My advice is this, if you're a non-cs grad then join this. Why? because this program gives you an opportunity to join DBS as a full-time tech associate after your 2 years. Even if you don't make it after 2 years, you would still have a "relevant" working experience that can help in landing other tech roles in different companies despite your degree being irrelevant.

If you're from SIM, feel free to join this. There's plenty of SIM grads who are now working full-time at DBS. I can link a few Linkedin profiles if you want proof for whatever reason... ( I just google lol but anyway ) it's good because other tech companies won't accept SIM grads. Shopee, Bytedance, etc for example, they straight up filter out SIM grads in resume application stage...

but once you get a few YOE, companies stop caring about what degree you have.

So this SEED program is great for building your foundation IF you're not a cs grad from local uni.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 05:02 PM

Is the workplace at changi? How many seeders r there in a team?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213320)
WLB is dependent on the team you get put onto. Some suck ass, 8 am to 6-7pm kind of thing, others like 8.30 to 5.30, fridays 8.30 to 5pm, etc.

I don't know about "learning a lot", I can tell you this, I barely learned anything... I had friends in Software dev team, they also didn't learn much. Mostly just frontend things that you can find on boot camps online. I'm not sure about the info security side.

My advice is this, if you're a non-cs grad then join this. Why? because this program gives you an opportunity to join DBS as a full-time tech associate after your 2 years. Even if you don't make it after 2 years, you would still have a "relevant" working experience that can help in landing other tech roles in different companies despite your degree being irrelevant.

If you're from SIM, feel free to join this. There's plenty of SIM grads who are now working full-time at DBS. I can link a few Linkedin profiles if you want proof for whatever reason... ( I just google lol but anyway ) it's good because other tech companies won't accept SIM grads. Shopee, Bytedance, etc for example, they straight up filter out SIM grads in resume application stage...

but once you get a few YOE, companies stop caring about what degree you have.

So this SEED program is great for building your foundation IF you're not a cs grad from local uni.

Why are u in this thread tho

Unregistered 11-04-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213304)

Do we get to know which role/team we assigned to when we receive the offer or only on first day of work?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213394)
Do we get to know which role/team we assigned to when we receive the offer or only on first day of work?

They wont tell you before you accept the offer because then you would obviously not take it if it's some shitty team.

So yeah you'll find out either on first day or few days before.

Unregistered 11-04-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213396)
They wont tell you before you accept the offer because then you would obviously not take it if it's some shitty team.

So yeah you'll find out either on first day or few days before.

Tysm for the reply! Do they assign role/team based on our indicated interest/skills or randomly?