Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

DBS tech seed programme

Old 05-04-2022, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what does the email say?
"Thank you for spending a day with us on 25th March 2022.
We hope you have enjoyed the virtual TechTrek and gained valuable experience from it.
While we process your application and conduct the HR due diligence checks, which might take up to 3 weeks, we appreciate your patience on the matter.
In the meantime, we would like you to share the 2022 SEED Programme opportunity with your friends (refer to link below)."

Am confused

Old 05-04-2022, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
We hope you have enjoyed the virtual TechTrek and gained valuable experience from it.
While we process your application and conduct the HR due diligence checks, which might take up to 3 weeks, we appreciate your patience on the matter.
In the meantime, we would like you to share the 2022 SEED Programme opportunity with your friends (refer to link below)."

Am confused
dont worry its just some generic nonsense email they send to everyone.

just ignore it lol you're most likely shortlisted or something, just need to wait for processing.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 05-04-2022, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Never said you were from micron.

Learn to read. I don't care much you make either LMAO how is your earnings relevant to this argument? You ok? first time arguing logically?

Backend does include ML and security, lmfao it's literally on bytedance career page, same for shopee.

The rest of your post is more garbage baseless nonsense.

Try harder.
Wow...
1. You clearly said that i was 'dumped' to micron.
2. Butthurt because you tried and cant get into DBS seed to get the same pay as CS grads?
3. Are you too dumb to read the job scope? Being a backend engineer in a security/ML team does not mean you are doing security/ML, you need to make API for security/ML engineers to access data

This is my last comment with you because I pity you calling things you dont understand garbage and nonsense, otherwise I wont even bother. Such self entitled dimwits like you probably applies for faang tech jobs when you cant even pass ur non cs degree courses at overseas private uni. Im glad even dbs seed made their ds & algo questions harder to filter out people like you.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm wondering this also...

Wasting our time? or is this TT5 for the next year Jan intake? Like I don't get it... can anyone answer?

also before you say its trash blah blah, I know... I only want to try the hackathon for fun and maybe try to negotiate their offer if I get it.

I already got rakuten offering me 5.8k ( start in june ), was thinking if I can maybe try 6k base pay with SEED lmao ( probably 0 chance but I try anyway )
Seems like you are from CS. Dbs priortizing cs grads. Rakuten cant hire like most mini mnc in singapore. Attended most of the talks for quite alot of companies and only like <5 ppl turn up. First time i heard rakuten offering 5.8k though, probably cant hire. If u studied CS, you probably know most of the students are foreign talents hahahahaha and i can say that that it is very rare for companies to offer visa for foreign graduates to work in singapore. From my previous intern experiences, you will probably work alone in companies like Rakuten and management will check in on you once in a bluemoon for your work progress, no guidance or anything and you will feel alone. Work will get boring as well. If you look at people in dbs seed on linkedin, they accomplished a lot of stuff in just 2 yrs. The dbs office is the entire building, which means you can move here and there when you work lol. This program starts in batches meaning you get to work with other graduates right at the start! I think the base salary is 5.5k~6k for dbs seed cs grads, but your salary will get bumped when you get promoted. I will mostly like accept the offer for dbs seed but i think the work life balance quite bad lol, but I think it is still better than shopee/bytedance. They expect graduates to be production ready at the start and ppl OT till after 12am. FAANG i think is quite boring but depends on what project are assigned to u. Go for dbs seed if you want learning opportunities and a collaborarive working culture! Cant find much reviews online for dbs seed so I am on this thread hahahaha. I think paypal is cool though, my friends all getting 6.5k but I dont really like their cubicle offices and they change teams every few mths. Visa lower pay than dbs seed for cs grad so dont bother. Also, dbs have most leave (27days) out of all the companies I have mentioned. Now high inflation in singapore so im also priortizing banks cuz higher chance of bonus hahahahahah. I might cry in the future.

P.S. Tired of bell curves and competitions... Just need to perform better than your peers that cant code in dbs seed.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Seems like you are from CS. Dbs priortizing cs grads. Rakuten cant hire like most mini mnc in singapore. Attended most of the talks for quite alot of companies and only like <5 ppl turn up. First time i heard rakuten offering 5.8k though, probably cant hire. If u studied CS, you probably know most of the students are foreign talents hahahahaha and i can say that that it is very rare for companies to offer visa for foreign graduates to work in singapore. From my previous intern experiences, you will probably work alone in companies like Rakuten and management will check in on you once in a bluemoon for your work progress, no guidance or anything and you will feel alone. Work will get boring as well. If you look at people in dbs seed on linkedin, they accomplished a lot of stuff in just 2 yrs. The dbs office is the entire building, which means you can move here and there when you work lol. This program starts in batches meaning you get to work with other graduates right at the start! I think the base salary is 5.5k~6k for dbs seed cs grads, but your salary will get bumped when you get promoted. I will mostly like accept the offer for dbs seed but i think the work life balance quite bad lol, but I think it is still better than shopee/bytedance. They expect graduates to be production ready at the start and ppl OT till after 12am. FAANG i think is quite boring but depends on what project are assigned to u. Go for dbs seed if you want learning opportunities and a collaborarive working culture! Cant find much reviews online for dbs seed so I am on this thread hahahaha. I think paypal is cool though, my friends all getting 6.5k but I dont really like their cubicle offices and they change teams every few mths. Visa lower pay than dbs seed for cs grad so dont bother. Also, dbs have most leave (27days) out of all the companies I have mentioned. Now high inflation in singapore so im also priortizing banks cuz higher chance of bonus hahahahahah. I might cry in the future.

P.S. Tired of bell curves and competitions... Just need to perform better than your peers that cant code in dbs seed.
Hey, thank you and yes I am a CS grad.

good to hear that DBS is prioritizing CS grads, I really hope so.... if not I feel like why waste my time attending this TT5 lol I rather go out instead haha

For the rakuten I'm not sure, I got a friend who got 6k so I thought my 5.8 was lowballed , I know quite a few NTU friends who are already in there and they say the WLB is not bad actually... but yeah who knows, different team different WLB right.

The "OT till after 12am" sounds scary, are you saying that's for DBS or Bytedance? because I have a interview with Bytedance next week... I really hope the WLB isn't that bad lol.

Anyway yeah you're 100% right, bank bonuses pay a lot. Most of my friends in tech MNC have like 3-8% bonus... wtf for some reason I always thought bonuses were minimum 2 months or something lol
Old 06-04-2022, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey, thank you and yes I am a CS grad.

good to hear that DBS is prioritizing CS grads, I really hope so.... if not I feel like why waste my time attending this TT5 lol I rather go out instead haha

For the rakuten I'm not sure, I got a friend who got 6k so I thought my 5.8 was lowballed , I know quite a few NTU friends who are already in there and they say the WLB is not bad actually... but yeah who knows, different team different WLB right.

The "OT till after 12am" sounds scary, are you saying that's for DBS or Bytedance? because I have a interview with Bytedance next week... I really hope the WLB isn't that bad lol.

Anyway yeah you're 100% right, bank bonuses pay a lot. Most of my friends in tech MNC have like 3-8% bonus... wtf for some reason I always thought bonuses were minimum 2 months or something lol
Wow if u have friends at rakuten just go ahead! It will always be more fun working with your friends! My friends all flexing how they OT till after 12am on social media at shopee/bytedance. What they do there is relatively challenging maybe thats why they ot till so late. You can try for bytedance, the snacks there are pretty generous, but they asked me to join a relatively small team so i ghosted them. I most likely wont be able to work there anymore lol. But try to avoid japanese/chinese companies because they are notorious for their 996 working culture.

I am not sure abt rakuten at singapore, but in japan you need to reach work 30 mins earlier for something like the 5BX in army. Then they have something sort of like your school morning assembly where the management will share some stuff with everyone and also mark ur attendance. Once u r late its gg lol. The offfer Rakuten gave u and ur frens quite fishy though, they usually pay 4-5k. Recently some companies like to use high base pay to trick grads and then they probably wont even give you any other benefits later to make up for it. Im not sure abt dbs, but they pay employees relatively well before so i doubt so. You might wanna think twice abt joining rakuten. Even though it is more fun to work with friends, you will eventually split ways and work with new people!

P.S. I will prefer chinese over japanese companies. Anime is fun and all but japanese working culture is actually shittier than the chinese.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Am confused
Dont listen to the troller that thinks micron is not for CS. If you are shortlisted you will get the email with title 'Congratulations! You have been shortlisted for the DBS Seed programme!' Your seems more like a rejection email to me. Even people that are put into the next TT have different email than urs. I am pretty sure that troller have not even seen the shortlist email before, cant get a job and get over his rejection from dbs seed. Probably thats why he still uses his abundant free time to comment on this thread. Dont worry ur career does not end here unlike that joker. There will always be many programmes to support mid career transitions to tech in sg. Now also have cs online degree courses too and it is almost the same as a normal degree. That joker probably got the same email as you and thinks that they send the email to everyone lol. Dont be like that guy and continue your job hunt.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dont listen to the troller that thinks micron is not for CS. If you are shortlisted you will get the email with title 'Congratulations! You have been shortlisted for the DBS Seed programme!' Your seems more like a rejection email to me. Even people that are put into the next TT have different email than urs. I am pretty sure that troller have not even seen the shortlist email before, cant get a job and get over his rejection from dbs seed. Probably thats why he still uses his abundant free time to comment on this thread. Dont worry ur career does not end here unlike that joker. There will always be many programmes to support mid career transitions to tech in sg. Now also have cs online degree courses too and it is almost the same as a normal degree. That joker probably got the same email as you and thinks that they send the email to everyone lol. Dont be like that guy and continue your job hunt.
Bro learn how to fking type in paragraphs.

No one's going to read your ******** other than that 1 rakuten loser who for whatever stupid reason applied for this trash programme that's paying $800 less.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
is there no possible chance that this might be currently in the backup list?
Old 06-04-2022, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Micron is Micron. DBS is DBS. why CS students here need to bring up Micron every few pages? Are they unsettled that DBS tech seed and Micron pay similarly for graduates? If so, please go to a real tech firm unless you're rejects?