Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163487)
Can help anyone? What is the email subject ? Cannot find

When they have received?? Check and check donít have. Now no one reply.

I read from the history, did not mention got receive onboarding email.

Anyone, can confirm?

Unregistered 02-04-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163488)
When they have received?? Check and check donít have. Now no one reply.

I read from the history, did not mention got receive onboarding email.

Anyone, can confirm?

What is this onboarding email about? Talk about what?

Unregistered 02-04-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163223)
Yeah they do it for the SEED programme only. To facilitate the process if you get selected for the program

Hi can you elaborate more? If I don't receive does it mean they not favoring in hiring me? thank you!

Unregistered 02-04-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163497)
Hi can you elaborate more? If I don't receive does it mean they not favoring in hiring me? thank you!

Ya, same as you still waiting for the reply.

Unregistered 02-04-2021 04:58 PM

I know people that have trouble writing for loop joining DBS Seed. Have fun guys

Unregistered 02-04-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163511)
I know people that have trouble writing for loop joining DBS Seed. Have fun guys

Huh, what do you mean?

Unregistered 02-04-2021 06:52 PM

You know what is the meaning of onboarding or not? yet to take test, DBS so good to sent you onboarding email. Cam screen shot here or not.

Unregistered 02-04-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163512)
Huh, what do you mean?

This means that DBS hires a lot of noobs that cannot code.

wacco365 02-04-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163537)
This means that DBS hires a lot of noobs that cannot code.

I tot its because want to train newbies to code one

Unregistered 02-04-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163511)
I know people that have trouble writing for loop joining DBS Seed. Have fun guys

Hopefully these are our locals. Would u rather they hire FTs that have trouble writing for loops?

At least our locals can learn on the job hor?

Unregistered 02-04-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163525)
You know what is the meaning of onboarding or not? yet to take test, DBS so good to sent you onboarding email. Cam screen shot here or not.

Don't think its an onboarding email. the email is from "DBS Onboarding", but the subject is "Invite to complete full application"

Mostly asking to go to the taleo website to fill in professional references, attach past 3 months payslips, authorise credit bureau check, etc.

Sorry can't figure out how to put screenshot here.

Unregistered 02-04-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163559)
Don't think its an onboarding email. the email is from "DBS Onboarding", but the subject is "Invite to complete full application"

Mostly asking to go to the taleo website to fill in professional references, attach past 3 months payslips, authorise credit bureau check, etc.

Sorry can't figure out how to put screenshot here.

Is all will receive it? Din come across this subject.

But is bit strange that DBS want all these doc for submission before taking any test yet. How do they select who receive who not?

I donít think other program will have that. Is it may be because we donít have panel interview?

Unregistered 03-04-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163560)
Is all will receive it? Din come across this subject.

But is bit strange that DBS want all these doc for submission before taking any test yet. How do they select who receive who not?

I donít think other program will have that. Is it may be because we donít have panel interview?

i think its a common practice for dbs

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163570)
i think its a common practice for dbs

I searched my inbox din see any.

I also check from other forum, like ops program also did not receive those checks prior to the interview.

So I donít is a common practice for dbs.

😱😭

Unregistered 03-04-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163560)
Is all will receive it? Din come across this subject.

But is bit strange that DBS want all these doc for submission before taking any test yet. How do they select who receive who not?

I donít think other program will have that. Is it may be because we donít have panel interview?

Hmm agree its a bit strange to ask for these, especially the past months' payslips (I thought this is normally asked during salary nego). If the purpose is so that they can send out offers asap after techtrek, then also dont see why they need to know the candidate's current pay...

But won't be getting my hopes up anyway, since this last intake seems really competitive.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163599)
Hmm agree its a bit strange to ask for these, especially the past months' payslips (I thought this is normally asked during salary nego). If the purpose is so that they can send out offers asap after techtrek, then also dont see why they need to know the candidate's current pay...

But won't be getting my hopes up anyway, since this last intake seems really competitive.

Itís a common practice for SEED programme. The reason for the early onboarding application is to speed up the process of doing pre employment checks. So yup, even if you received the onboarding application, it does not mean that you are ďpre-selectedĒ.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163606)
Itís a common practice for SEED programme. The reason for the early onboarding application is to speed up the process of doing pre employment checks. So yup, even if you received the onboarding application, it does not mean that you are ďpre-selectedĒ.

Standard practice that the pre-employment check only do if they are keen to hire you right? It wonít just to for all.

But again, is too early to provide them, honesty first time hearing it understand we need to complete two rounds of Techtrek.

I checked with my friend from other program, she said no, only provide them if you are shortlisted after so many round of tests and interview.

I guess SEED program is more straight forward ba. Only need to pass two rounds of Techtrek.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163611)
Standard practice that the pre-employment check only do if they are keen to hire you right? It wonít just to for all.

But again, is too early to provide them, honesty first time hearing it understand we need to complete two rounds of Techtrek.

I checked with my friend from other program, she said no, only provide them if you are shortlisted after so many round of tests and interview.

I guess SEED program is more straight forward ba. Only need to pass two rounds of Techtrek.

One more thing to add on, she said did not ask for pay slip.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163606)
Itís a common practice for SEED programme. The reason for the early onboarding application is to speed up the process of doing pre employment checks. So yup, even if you received the onboarding application, it does not mean that you are ďpre-selectedĒ.

SEED programme is only for underachievers. Sorry to tell the truth. Pay is not that bad, but DBS knows they cant pouch top talent hence they lower the bar and increase the pay.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:56 PM

DBS program hiring got different process. Not standardize.

All I can guess is that SEED pay you base on your previous pay slip if not why need to submit? Donít think there is room for salary neg also

I was chatting with my friend on this yesterday. She was quite surprised that we need to submit those doc before going through some tests/interview.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:12 PM

How long would that be to complete a background check? May be max is 5 days?

Would that be possible, they are taking in more 50 to 100 candidates? So by sending in those doc to expedite the offer.

Well, this is the only reason I can think off.

Other dbs program like ops, intake is small, about 15 to 20. That explain why only the shortlisted require to complete their pre-employment check.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163611)
Standard practice that the pre-employment check only do if they are keen to hire you right? It wonít just to for all.

But again, is too early to provide them, honesty first time hearing it understand we need to complete two rounds of Techtrek.

I checked with my friend from other program, she said no, only provide them if you are shortlisted after so many round of tests and interview.

I guess SEED program is more straight forward ba. Only need to pass two rounds of Techtrek.

Not that early. Previous round also same. Due to large intake of seeders, they asked for early onboarding application so that in the event you are shortlisted, they can straight do their pre employment checks (typically takes about 2-3 weeks)

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163619)
Not that early. Previous round also same. Due to large intake of seeders, they asked for early onboarding application so that in the event you are shortlisted, they can straight do their pre employment checks (typically takes about 2-3 weeks)

Only for SEED program. Okay understand.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163613)
SEED programme is only for underachievers. Sorry to tell the truth. Pay is not that bad, but DBS knows they cant pouch top talent hence they lower the bar and increase the pay.

How to take you seriously when you can't even use poach correctly

Unregistered 05-04-2021 10:54 AM

Still yet to receive the onboarding email before techtrek. How HR can give some clarification. Thank you

Unregistered 05-04-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163823)
Still yet to receive the onboarding email before techtrek. How HR can give some clarification. Thank you

I actually asked HR on this... the onboarding email is to facilitate them in the subsequent onboarding process if you get selected after the techtrek, because the decision usually made immediately after the session.

So if you received it beforw, it doesnt mean anything lol

Unregistered 05-04-2021 04:18 PM

Received the rehearsal confirmation email, it mentioned the invitation to complete full application from dbs onboarding email as well.

I think everyone should be receiving it.

Unregistered 05-04-2021 05:45 PM

Anyone know of any other similar roles that are good for a fresh graduate?Thanks

Unregistered 05-04-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163963)
Anyone know of any other similar roles that are good for a fresh graduate?Thanks

Rofl if share with you, wouldnt it make the competition for them even higher? You want people to spood feed you? Wait long long.

Unregistered 05-04-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163946)
Received the rehearsal confirmation email, it mentioned the invitation to complete full application from dbs onboarding email as well.

I think everyone should be receiving it.

Yes everyone should receive it, not indicative of shortlisting

Unregistered 05-04-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163963)
Anyone know of any other similar roles that are good for a fresh graduate?Thanks

Other than FAANG, try:

Sea/Shopee/Garena
NCS
Singtel
Bytedance
Microsoft
Linkedin
Accenture
Bulge Brackets (JPM, GS)
Visa/Mastercard

Unregistered 05-04-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163980)
Other than FAANG, try:

Sea/Shopee/Garena
NCS
Singtel
Bytedance
Microsoft
Linkedin
Accenture
Bulge Brackets (JPM, GS)
Visa/Mastercard

Can try the Big 3 graduate programs also

Unregistered 05-04-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163986)
Can try the Big 3 graduate programs also

Accenture and NCS are pretty easy. You dont have to prepare much for the interview. 99% get the job one.

Unregistered 06-04-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163988)
Accenture and NCS are pretty easy. You dont have to prepare much for the interview. 99% get the job one.

Got la. Ncs got some theory test it's like basic road theory.
Then when you join, they just put u in the car seat and expdct you to drive the broken car from Malaysia to Singapore.

Or die trying...

Unregistered 06-04-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163988)
Accenture and NCS are pretty easy. You dont have to prepare much for the interview. 99% get the job one.

99% your head la

Unregistered 06-04-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164102)
99% your head la

OK. Fine snowflakes.
95% then happy?
5% is usually if you ask for too high pay. Or you don't like the project / department they send you...

Unregistered 06-04-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163980)
Other than FAANG, try:

Sea/Shopee/Garena
NCS
Singtel
Bytedance
Microsoft
Linkedin
Accenture
Bulge Brackets (JPM, GS)
Visa/Mastercard

Thanks buddy

Unregistered 06-04-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164121)
OK. Fine snowflakes.
95% then happy?
5% is usually if you ask for too high pay. Or you don't like the project / department they send you...

Oi dog. Got say you can post?

ď...Ē fking jobless boomer

Unregistered 06-04-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164208)
Oi dog. Got say you can post?

ď...Ē fking jobless boomer

two clowns on an anonymous forum; epitome of being a Singaporean

Unregistered 06-04-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164210)
two clowns on an anonymous forum; epitome of being a Singaporean

Sinkie pwn sinkie


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2