Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 15-10-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186458)
Anyone else haven't get offered after being shortlisted?

Me too, been waiting for a while

Unregistered 15-10-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186461)
me... been waiting very long already..

My friend tells me shortlisted doesn't mean offered... he got offered 1 day after Hackathon in sept.

sad :(

Oh wow that’s pretty messed up if they don’t offer even after telling you you’re shortlisted.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186469)
Oh wow that’s pretty messed up if they don’t offer even after telling you you’re shortlisted.

I guess it makes sense.

When I Google, people also say shortlisted just means you might get offered.

If it was an offer then I don't see why can't they just offer me like they did my friend 1 day after hackathon... We both went for the same virtual event.. On the same day..

Unregistered 15-10-2021 03:29 PM

Congratulations to those who accepted the offer. The SEED program is comparable to working in FAANGs, there are excellent engineers and coding standards in DBS. Excellent exit opportunities too.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186493)
Congratulations to those who accepted the offer. The SEED program is comparable to working in FAANGs, there are excellent engineers and coding standards in DBS. Excellent exit opportunities too.

agreed!

Congrats everyone. Like the guy above said, can go up to 7k in 2 years. That's damn fast progression, I guarantee it's faster than FAANG also.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 04:38 PM

If you can make it go SVP in 6 years, then they are comparable.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186502)
agreed!

Congrats everyone. Like the guy above said, can go up to 7k in 2 years. That's damn fast progression, I guarantee it's faster than FAANG also.

Yup.

Wheres that hardstuck guy now? Hahahaha

Pay bump is confirmed already, up to 7k :)

The jealousy is real. DBS SEED is one of the higher paying tech roles in sg.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 07:55 PM

It's not all sunshine and rainbows incoming SEEDers. It's true that 7k after 2 yrs is possible but don't expect anything to drop from the sky if you're just bang average. Working hours can be long depending on your team. Just come in be curious, be a good team player and don't be toxic. We have a culture of learning here, and you can absorb a lot in 2 yrs. After 2 yrs if you discover your niche there are opportunities to exit too as mentioned by someone earlier.

Unregistered 15-10-2021 08:51 PM

How many months bonus do SEEDers get?

Unregistered 15-10-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186551)
How many months bonus do SEEDers get?

Got my letter of appointment. Variable bonus