DBS tech seed programme - Page 100 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS tech seed programme

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #991 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 02:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is accurate,

last year was 5.5k, this year it's 5.8k, i got my offer email and submitted all my documents on taleo.
why all so different??

My email says 65k annual... How u get 5.8k? Means u get 70k annual? Cannot be.

I'm infoSec btw with 1.5 YOE... Can I ask what's ur background? What role u get?

I got into the IBGT team

Reply With Quote
  #992 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hihi, just curious! Those new/current seeders, what laptop are you guys provided with? Also will there be a work phone etc..? Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #993 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 10:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wew dbs pays 5k+ already? Then FANG must be lowball sia, only pay 7.5k with a lot tougher interviews and job requirements.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #994 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got the shortlisted email last Thursday but haven't got the offer yet, anybody else?
Me too. Ive checked Taleo and the job application status is completed.
Reply With Quote
  #995 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 11:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wew dbs pays 5k+ already? Then FANG must be lowball sia, only pay 7.5k with a lot tougher interviews and job requirements.
bro...

Contract job vs FTE....

Non FAANG also pays 5-6k with stocks, bonuses and salary bump every year.

DBS seed is contract with SGTraineeship. No salary bump ( typical contract ) and no conversion to full time guaranteed.

How is FAANG low ball lol at the end of 2 years that 7.5k can hit 8k and over while the DBS Seed stops at 5k. If converted, need 1 year as a full time before pay bump.
Reply With Quote
  #996 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 11:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
bro...

Contract job vs FTE....

Non FAANG also pays 5-6k with stocks, bonuses and salary bump every year.

DBS seed is contract with SGTraineeship. No salary bump ( typical contract ) and no conversion to full time guaranteed.

How is FAANG low ball lol at the end of 2 years that 7.5k can hit 8k and over while the DBS Seed stops at 5k. If converted, need 1 year as a full time before pay bump.
By your logic, this dbs programme need 3 years before can get pay bump, which is nonsense lol
Reply With Quote

  #997 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 12:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
By your logic, this dbs programme need 3 years before can get pay bump, which is nonsense lol
ya

that's my whole point lol the starting pay is based on the fact that it's

1. A contract based job for 2 years
2. Literally says it on their website, it's a Training Program...
3. No pay bump because again, it's a contract role.

literally all contract jobs are like this. even the ST engineering one, even the govtech one, same for UOB bank..... many more.
Reply With Quote
  #998 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ya

that's my whole point lol the starting pay is based on the fact that it's

1. A contract based job for 2 years
2. Literally says it on their website, it's a Training Program...
3. No pay bump because again, it's a contract role.

literally all contract jobs are like this. even the ST engineering one, even the govtech one, same for UOB bank..... many more.
Hello just want to counter your point right here cos,

1. Know people in program who have had pay increments after 1 year. Just because they don't specifically state that there is doesn't mean that there isn't.

2. From what I've seen, shift to associate role after the program does come with a pay bump as well.
Reply With Quote
  #999 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello just want to counter your point right here cos,

1. Know people in program who have had pay increments after 1 year. Just because they don't specifically state that there is doesn't mean that there isn't.

2. From what I've seen, shift to associate role after the program does come with a pay bump as well.
Yup I agree with this.

I also have friends in the IBGT team of DBS, they get 5.5k a month and bump to 7k before the contract ends.

Haters need to stop coming here and crying. Are you butthurt? I'm former Seed, now making more than all the FAANG kids. Hahah contract job so what? We make more than the full time employees LOL
Reply With Quote
  #1000 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me too. Ive checked Taleo and the job application status is completed.
Same, but my application status in Taleo is Selection.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? Maxco Income and Jobs 1876 20-10-2021 10:36 PM
ocbc associate/fresh talent programme (ops & tech) janlin Income and Jobs 41 14-05-2015 08:05 PM
NUS: Rank of Programme Officer vs Programme Executive darkstar Income and Jobs 0 21-01-2014 11:36 AM
Eco-Tech @ Sunview Property-NewLaunch Marketplace and Find Work 0 31-07-2013 02:25 PM
UOB Management Associate Programme vs DBS Technology Graduate Executive Programme kitkat Income and Jobs 0 22-05-2012 08:25 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
116 Replies, 44,768 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,099 Replies, 270,326 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,402 Replies, 1,392,550 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,352 Replies, 4,828,437 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,729 Replies, 7,487,282 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,286 Replies, 652,010 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,915 Replies, 1,461,346 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
488 Replies, 345,554 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
92 Replies, 27,085 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 123,326 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,103 Replies, 1,329,986 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,952 Replies, 1,810,588 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,694 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 876 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 101,126 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
201 Replies, 68,702 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,152 Replies, 1,719,808 Views
Anyone working in Recruit express? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 39,095 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
823 Replies, 222,117 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 10,437 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
347 Replies, 111,431 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
575 Replies, 458,422 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 138,591 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,204 Replies, 2,594,742 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 68,713 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
208 Replies, 172,231 Views
Working 2 FT (remote) jobs?...
2 Replies, 164 Views
Luxoft
0 Replies, 45 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,065 Replies, 567,189 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2