Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 14-10-2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186185)
This is accurate,

last year was 5.5k, this year it's 5.8k, i got my offer email and submitted all my documents on taleo.

why all so different??

My email says 65k annual... How u get 5.8k? Means u get 70k annual? Cannot be.

I'm infoSec btw with 1.5 YOE... Can I ask what's ur background? What role u get?

I got into the IBGT team

Unregistered 14-10-2021 07:57 AM

Hihi, just curious! Those new/current seeders, what laptop are you guys provided with? Also will there be a work phone etc..? Thanks! :)

Unregistered 14-10-2021 10:05 AM

Wew dbs pays 5k+ already? Then FANG must be lowball sia, only pay 7.5k with a lot tougher interviews and job requirements.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186141)
Got the shortlisted email last Thursday but haven't got the offer yet, anybody else?

Me too. Ive checked Taleo and the job application status is completed.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186232)
Wew dbs pays 5k+ already? Then FANG must be lowball sia, only pay 7.5k with a lot tougher interviews and job requirements.

bro...

Contract job vs FTE....

Non FAANG also pays 5-6k with stocks, bonuses and salary bump every year.

DBS seed is contract with SGTraineeship. No salary bump ( typical contract ) and no conversion to full time guaranteed.

How is FAANG low ball lol at the end of 2 years that 7.5k can hit 8k and over while the DBS Seed stops at 5k. If converted, need 1 year as a full time before pay bump.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186245)
bro...

Contract job vs FTE....

Non FAANG also pays 5-6k with stocks, bonuses and salary bump every year.

DBS seed is contract with SGTraineeship. No salary bump ( typical contract ) and no conversion to full time guaranteed.

How is FAANG low ball lol at the end of 2 years that 7.5k can hit 8k and over while the DBS Seed stops at 5k. If converted, need 1 year as a full time before pay bump.

By your logic, this dbs programme need 3 years before can get pay bump, which is nonsense lol

Unregistered 14-10-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186247)
By your logic, this dbs programme need 3 years before can get pay bump, which is nonsense lol

ya

that's my whole point lol the starting pay is based on the fact that it's

1. A contract based job for 2 years
2. Literally says it on their website, it's a Training Program...
3. No pay bump because again, it's a contract role.

literally all contract jobs are like this. even the ST engineering one, even the govtech one, same for UOB bank..... many more.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186262)
ya

that's my whole point lol the starting pay is based on the fact that it's

1. A contract based job for 2 years
2. Literally says it on their website, it's a Training Program...
3. No pay bump because again, it's a contract role.

literally all contract jobs are like this. even the ST engineering one, even the govtech one, same for UOB bank..... many more.

Hello just want to counter your point right here cos,

1. Know people in program who have had pay increments after 1 year. Just because they don't specifically state that there is doesn't mean that there isn't.

2. From what I've seen, shift to associate role after the program does come with a pay bump as well.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186270)
Hello just want to counter your point right here cos,

1. Know people in program who have had pay increments after 1 year. Just because they don't specifically state that there is doesn't mean that there isn't.

2. From what I've seen, shift to associate role after the program does come with a pay bump as well.

Yup I agree with this.

I also have friends in the IBGT team of DBS, they get 5.5k a month and bump to 7k before the contract ends.

Haters need to stop coming here and crying. Are you butthurt? I'm former Seed, now making more than all the FAANG kids. Hahah contract job so what? We make more than the full time employees LOL

Unregistered 14-10-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186237)
Me too. Ive checked Taleo and the job application status is completed.

Same, but my application status in Taleo is Selection.