Salary working for SEA FP&A (Garena) - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary working for SEA FP&A (Garena)

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 1
JobSeekerr is on a distinguished road
Default Salary working for SEA FP&A (Garena)

Have an interview for a FP&A role in garena sometime next month. Currently have 2 years experience working in a big 4 as an auditor

Anyone or senior working there mind sharing what is the market rate, and what is a reasonable salary expectation and progression there is in the company?

Also, if anyone can share the culture working in garena or Shopee I would really appreciate it! Can’t seem to find anything online since it’s a relatively new company.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2020, 01:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeekerr View Post
Have an interview for a FP&A role in garena sometime next month. Currently have 2 years experience working in a big 4 as an auditor

Anyone or senior working there mind sharing what is the market rate, and what is a reasonable salary expectation and progression there is in the company?

Also, if anyone can share the culture working in garena or Shopee I would really appreciate it! Canít seem to find anything online since itís a relatively new company.
SEA finance team starting pay is 3.8k for non-MAs so 2 years experience can expect maybe 4.3-4.6k

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, does anyone know how is the interview process like? and how many rounds of interviews there will be?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

guys don't join SEA they are bleeding money and losing 900 millions a year, when the funding stops all of us will be out of job. this is their 5th consecutive year of losses.

i just jumped over to another tech firm and the structure here is much better. people are nicer (less wayang) and the pay is higher.

seriously, if you have a choice, don't join sea/shopee/any of its subsidiaries.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
guys don't join SEA they are bleeding money and losing 900 millions a year, when the funding stops all of us will be out of job. this is their 5th consecutive year of losses.

i just jumped over to another tech firm and the structure here is much better. people are nicer (less wayang) and the pay is higher.

seriously, if you have a choice, don't join sea/shopee/any of its subsidiaries.
SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone can share the culture, promotion, increment opportunities in Shopee?

Would be great if you can share in specific about the PM team. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.
please learn to read financial statements.

here, i'll help you.

s://cdngarenanow-a.akamaihd.net/webmain/static/resource/seagroup/press/2020-04-14%20-%20Form%2020-F.PDF

scroll to page 157.

SEA Group
2017: 558mil LOSS
2018: 957mil LOSS
2019: 1.472bil LOSS

also, look up on how to read consolidated statements of comprehensive income/loss.


source: s://.seagroup.com/investor/annualreport
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.
lol this thread is on FP&A but this dude can't read financial statements! wow!!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2020, 11:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please learn to read financial statements.

here, i'll help you.

s://cdngarenanow-a.akamaihd.net/webmain/static/resource/seagroup/press/2020-04-14%20-%20Form%2020-F.PDF

scroll to page 157.

SEA Group
2017: 558mil LOSS
2018: 957mil LOSS
2019: 1.472bil LOSS

also, look up on how to read consolidated statements of comprehensive income/loss.


source: s://.seagroup.com/investor/annualreport
pls learn to read segment reporting
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pls learn to read segment reporting
Not the person you are replying to, but could you elaborate further on segment reporting? Basically, how to read the numbers in the report? Looks like big losses to an average Joe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working in HDB pelandok Income and Jobs 351 26-10-2020 03:55 PM
Min Salary in Collective Agreement vs actual salary chenbaeki Income and Jobs 2 24-01-2017 07:50 AM
Expected salary compared to current salary sijia_lim Income and Jobs 12 25-07-2016 11:22 AM
What is it like working at M1? pelandok Income and Jobs 16 16-06-2015 07:06 PM
Salary Progression depends on previous salary? askethan Income and Jobs 3 03-09-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,621 Replies, 3,085,955 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 36,621 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,173 Replies, 1,335,532 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,726 Replies, 1,136,613 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
338 Replies, 115,230 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,718 Replies, 5,927,676 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 4,444 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,051 Replies, 3,847,286 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,887 Replies, 1,758,422 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
226 Replies, 137,889 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
140 Replies, 134,051 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
246 Replies, 225,159 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 47,066 Views
Fresh grad wanting to know about... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 5,465 Views
Number of FT in Singapore coming... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,946 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 120,574 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 11,020 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 5,059 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
745 Replies, 374,621 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,630 Replies, 1,345,862 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,006 Replies, 1,146,705 Views
Invitation to apply to civil...
0 Replies, 212 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021
6 Replies, 432 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 260,577 Views
Looking for job referral,...
5 Replies, 528 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
4 Replies, 2,528 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 34,875 Views
Employment agency taking me to...
2 Replies, 151 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,254 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2