Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   SEA (Garena) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/12623-sea-garena.html)

JobSeekerr 06-05-2020 10:03 PM

SEA (Garena)

Have an interview for a FP&A role in garena sometime next month. Currently have 2 years experience working in a big 4 as an auditor

Anyone or senior working there mind sharing what is the market rate, and what is a reasonable salary expectation and progression there is in the company?

Also, if anyone can share the culture working in garena or Shopee I would really appreciate it! Can’t seem to find anything online since it’s a relatively new company.

Unregistered 07-05-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JobSeekerr (Post 133418)
Have an interview for a FP&A role in garena sometime next month. Currently have 2 years experience working in a big 4 as an auditor

Anyone or senior working there mind sharing what is the market rate, and what is a reasonable salary expectation and progression there is in the company?

Also, if anyone can share the culture working in garena or Shopee I would really appreciate it! Can’t seem to find anything online since it’s a relatively new company.

SEA finance team starting pay is 3.8k for non-MAs so 2 years experience can expect maybe 4.3-4.6k

Unregistered 23-05-2020 02:45 PM

Hi, does anyone know how is the interview process like? and how many rounds of interviews there will be?

Unregistered 23-05-2020 10:03 PM

guys don't join SEA they are bleeding money and losing 900 millions a year, when the funding stops all of us will be out of job. this is their 5th consecutive year of losses.

i just jumped over to another tech firm and the structure here is much better. people are nicer (less wayang) and the pay is higher.

seriously, if you have a choice, don't join sea/shopee/any of its subsidiaries.

Unregistered 23-05-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134973)
guys don't join SEA they are bleeding money and losing 900 millions a year, when the funding stops all of us will be out of job. this is their 5th consecutive year of losses.

i just jumped over to another tech firm and the structure here is much better. people are nicer (less wayang) and the pay is higher.

seriously, if you have a choice, don't join sea/shopee/any of its subsidiaries.

SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.

Unregistered 23-05-2020 11:51 PM

anyone can share the culture, promotion, increment opportunities in Shopee?

Would be great if you can share in specific about the PM team. Thanks in advance :)

Unregistered 24-05-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134976)
SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.

please learn to read financial statements.

here, i'll help you.

s://cdngarenanow-a.akamaihd.net/webmain/static/resource/seagroup/press/2020-04-14%20-%20Form%2020-F.PDF

scroll to page 157.

SEA Group
2017: 558mil LOSS
2018: 957mil LOSS
2019: 1.472bil LOSS

also, look up on how to read consolidated statements of comprehensive income/loss.

source: s://.seagroup.com/investor/annualreport

Unregistered 26-05-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134976)

lol this thread is on FP&A but this dude can't read financial statements! wow!!

Unregistered 26-05-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135030)
please learn to read financial statements.

here, i'll help you.

s://cdngarenanow-a.akamaihd.net/webmain/static/resource/seagroup/press/2020-04-14%20-%20Form%2020-F.PDF

scroll to page 157.

SEA Group
2017: 558mil LOSS
2018: 957mil LOSS
2019: 1.472bil LOSS

also, look up on how to read consolidated statements of comprehensive income/loss.

source: s://.seagroup.com/investor/annualreport

pls learn to read segment reporting

Unregistered 26-05-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135242)
pls learn to read segment reporting

Not the person you are replying to, but could you elaborate further on segment reporting? Basically, how to read the numbers in the report? Looks like big losses to an average Joe