Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Fresh grad 2020 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12611-fresh-grad-2020-a.html)

Unregistered 01-05-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133040)
If company offer you 2.5k fresh grad will you take? Next year you probably 2.6k to 2.8k.

But if you join work force next year when things are normal. You can easily ask for 3.5k

Think my bois

That's fking dumb, do you think HR would prefer 1 year experience or 1 year zuo bo lan. You can always jump to the company offering 3.5K

Unregistered 01-05-2020 12:35 AM

Most yp are working as temperature scanners and even in such a benign job they all getting into trouble.

Others are making rudimentary carousell scams and being sent to jail.

That's all I read about this batch of youngsters on the news.

Unregistered 01-05-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133014)
Banks? Or what industry is it.

Public sector. Banks arent doing very great rn. I heard that some offers were rescinded....

Unregistered 01-05-2020 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133044)
That's fking dumb, do you think HR would prefer 1 year experience or 1 year zuo bo lan. You can always jump to the company offering 3.5K

This shows your ignorance. HR job is not to give you the best money you deserve, but rather it is to give you the lowest the company can get away with. Other company will offer you based on your current pay slip. They don't care what is "market" salary, they will say things like you are asking 30% increment, that's too much.

So in another words, you worked 1 year extra at lower pay. And exactly at the same place as a fresh grad next year.

Unregistered 01-05-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133050)
This shows your ignorance. HR job is not to give you the best money you deserve, but rather it is to give you the lowest the company can get away with. Other company will offer you based on your current pay slip. They don't care what is "market" salary, they will say things like you are asking 30% increment, that's too much.

So in another words, you worked 1 year extra at lower pay. And exactly at the same place as a fresh grad next year.

And this shows your level of stupidity. Lol, I'm astounded..

Unregistered 01-05-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133063)

if his talking about private sector,its true.they will use last drawn +10 to max 20%.

So if you current hold a position that holds 3,000 and do to virus or wat and u lost job..U find another one just to fill in 1 year or so.ur salary is 2.5.they will use current drawn (which is 2500+ add 10 to 20%) when u find back a full perm position

Thats how private sector works..

If in public sector, most likely he return to his "actual" job after the period while working on other one. He will actually get more than 3,000. HR for public sector follow what the uni test book says one.

The reasons why alot ppl say hr things cant be applied from textbook in real life is because alot hr spoil/market. They don follow one

Unregistered 01-05-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133063)

Please. My sister is HR manager in one of the MNC. This wisdom she share with me.
She also said if they can't justify matching the market salary then they will use the education cert excuse, the...not all uni are created equal. If the degree holder is 2nd upper same. Then it's the different courses.

If that cannot, then it's the lower gross but higher bonus package. Aws etc. But when come to bonus, it's little either bad performance or didn't meet expectation.

Unregistered 01-05-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133067)
Please. My sister is HR manager in one of the MNC. This wisdom she share with me.
She also said if they can't justify matching the market salary then they will use the education cert excuse, the...not all uni are created equal. If the degree holder is 2nd upper same. Then it's the different courses.

If that cannot, then it's the lower gross but higher bonus package. Aws etc. But when come to bonus, it's little either bad performance or didn't meet expectation.

Yes its true. Taking a contract job may not be the best idea. And its not as someone said - equivalent to a 1 year probation. Contract jobs exists because there is a project requirement and they need the headcount temporarily. Think maternity covers or things like that - of course HR wont tell u its a maternity cover.

After the proj ends, theres no guarantee they will retain you to perm or extend your contract. Perm jobs are different - they exist to fill a BAU requirement that needs to be performed regularly.

Its rrally hard to fail probation in a perm role unless you screw up big time.

If you take a contract, future employers can use that to leverage against your demands. As perm jobs are more in demand, they may even offer you at par salary because you will be the one desperate to get a job after the contract ends. Its diff from perm job going to another perm job because at the end of the day, if you dont accept their offer, you still have your old job. So employers have to offer u more to entice u to come over.

Unregistered 01-05-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133067)

that's why HR sucks. because of people like your sis

Unregistered 01-05-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 133092)
that's why hr sucks. Because of people like your sis

hahahahahahha