Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Fresh grad 2020

Old 04-02-2022, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, not Micron but around there.

Yes, the globalisation part really expands my horizon after leaving the T-related company, showed a lot of eagerness to join the MNC. My company don't use europecar. We use Sixt.

So I guess you go to Europe often? I am more Germany based so we use Sixt. The cars are reasonable. Sometimes if you are lucky, you get a very fast golf and sometimes you get free upgrades like Audi TT if they don't have cars you booked. But I am very careful with credit card details so I usually don't book in advance. I just go and find whatever they have at the airports.

If they don't have it, I will just pay a little to take the D-bahn to another train station to get what I want. Save on seats reservation and that difference can be spent on a nice meal when I reach the hotel. I prefer a nice meal with some wine rather than nightlife. Sorry, can't share the same preference on this.

When you mean global requirements, do you mean UL, CE sort of stuffs? I am into supply chain so I don't do this but I heard from those who do, these are very difficult to meet. But maybe soon they will become my problem... responding to the great R with some nego to another company. Will jump if the price is right
I am the poster from #148. Not really just UL and CE. More than that, depend on industry and customer. I never used Sixt before. How's the service? Europcar is reasonable. Cars well maintained, mileage are mostly below 40,000km and when I'm lucky, I get a car that's less than 10,000km. They are also quite generous with options. But then again, with COVID, all my travels have been on hold indefintely including my nightclub endeavors. Can't wait to travel again. My krisflyer points are expiring batch by batch and I'm not sure if I should pay to extend them. I am not Germany based so I drop anywhere my customers or plant requires me to. How were your rides on the deutschbahn, I assume you refer to the railway not the german autobahn though I like the A81 down South. Shame that I never took the German railway before. I wonder how it fares compared to the chinese and taiwanese HSR. Both the Chinese and Taiwanes HSR are seamless with their service and prices. So where are you jumping to? Also supply chain? Also German based? Do you speak German?

Old 04-02-2022, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Join another MNC? If u r working in the semicon industry and they phase it out of sg, the whole industry for semicon in sg is fked. Just cos u from MNC doesnt mean u can switch as easy as 1 2 3 lah. See what industry u r from and ur skillsets. Anyway, this singtel vs micron debate (or whatever big name firm vs small name firm) also meaningless unless you know what you want to do in the future, then see which company trains you up best in that particular area/skillset and then leverage it to jump to elsewhr to get higher pay and gain even more experience.
I doubt you know that semicon is very wide and can branch out from front to back end, their suppliers/ customers who are not in semicon. Really ignorant fool.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am the poster from #148. Not really just UL and CE. More than that, depend on industry and customer. I never used Sixt before. How's the service? Europcar is reasonable. Cars well maintained, mileage are mostly below 40,000km and when I'm lucky, I get a car that's less than 10,000km. They are also quite generous with options. But then again, with COVID, all my travels have been on hold indefintely including my nightclub endeavors. Can't wait to travel again. My krisflyer points are expiring batch by batch and I'm not sure if I should pay to extend them. I am not Germany based so I drop anywhere my customers or plant requires me to. How were your rides on the deutschbahn, I assume you refer to the railway not the german autobahn though I like the A81 down South. Shame that I never took the German railway before. I wonder how it fares compared to the chinese and taiwanese HSR. Both the Chinese and Taiwanes HSR are seamless with their service and prices. So where are you jumping to? Also supply chain? Also German based? Do you speak German?
A81 is one of my favourites too. Straight to the Mercedes and porsche museum.

The trains between China and Germany are at least to what I feel on par. The Taiwanese one is too short though. China has come a long way.

Yeah... had to do German. Moving to another industry but also supply chain related role and yes, also German based

Old 09-02-2022, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
A81 is one of my favourites too. Straight to the Mercedes and porsche museum.

The trains between China and Germany are at least to what I feel on par. The Taiwanese one is too short though. China has come a long way.

Yeah... had to do German. Moving to another industry but also supply chain related role and yes, also German based
U all big cannon fairy lah... Singaporean how to drive in Germany. You got German licence meh? They right hand drive we left hand drive also. You just want to pretend mnc better only. Can better than singtel in tech or not?
Old 09-02-2022, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
U all big cannon fairy lah... Singaporean how to drive in Germany. You got German licence meh? They right hand drive we left hand drive also. You just want to pretend mnc better only. Can better than singtel in tech or not?
Kaoz don't throw our face leh you never go overseas and drive before?
Old 09-02-2022, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Wa this one sia suay max. Never hear of IDP before?

Old 09-02-2022, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dude, I think those semicon losers are from MNCs that got rejected from ST MAP but they didnt realize Germany is Left hand drive while Singapore follow US is right hand drive so Singapore license not recognized in Germany. But they wanted to sound cool so they bragged about drivng in Germany without knowing they are not allowed to drive in Germany because of the left hand drive difference. I don't even believe they went to Germany before.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:36 PM
WoMenZaiGermany

Quote:
Dude, I think those semicon losers are from MNCs that got rejected from ST MAP but they didnt realize Germany is Left hand drive while Singapore follow US is right hand drive so Singapore license not recognized in Germany. But they wanted to sound cool so they bragged about drivng in Germany without knowing they are not allowed to drive in Germany because of the left hand drive difference. I don't even believe they went to Germany before.
Simple Google search you also cannot do, just stop it ah, getting real embarrassing
s://ssag.eu/living-in-germany/getting-around-in-germany/driving-in-germany/
Old 10-02-2022, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

enuf said. sintel ftw.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Of course you can drive in RHD countries. How the hell do Brits (LHD) drive in other European countries?

And personally I've driven in the USA several times on my SG license, no questions asked.

Lol! What an utter noob and untravelled villager!