Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Do statboard/ministry see work exp and/or qualifications? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12602-do-statboard-ministry-see-work-exp-qualifications.html)

navi 27-04-2020 10:22 PM

Do statboard/ministry see work exp and/or qualifications?

Was offered a job at a statboard with 2.3 as starting for a diploma holder. However, I have about 4 years of previous work experience in civil service with Olvl cert and pay was barely 2. Also got my dip last Sep.

Just wondering - do statbord/ministry just look at paper or do they see your work experience? Am I getting the shorter end of the stick with 4 years exp but getting same pay as a fresh dip holder?

Unregistered 27-04-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navi (Post 132883)
Was offered a job at a statboard with 2.3 as starting for a diploma holder. However, I have about 4 years of previous work experience in civil service with Olvl cert and pay was barely 2. Also got my dip last Sep.

Just wondering - do statbord/ministry just look at paper or do they see your work experience? Am I getting the shorter end of the stick with 4 years exp but getting same pay as a fresh dip holder?

Public sector is quite structured in nature. The position u applied for, did it state that it requires a diploma? or did u said o levels cert?

Unregistered 27-04-2020 11:33 PM

actually mainly qualification...

diploma cert only better dont go govt.. unless cannot find better one la..

you will forever stuck at that low pay..

navi 28-04-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132886)
Public sector is quite structured in nature. The position u applied for, did it state that it requires a diploma? or did u said o levels cert?

It did specify dip as requirement. Wonder if should take the job given the covid situation and find another if not happy.

Unregistered 28-04-2020 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navi (Post 132883)

Similar to the private sector. Any technical skills acquired over your 4 years beyond administrative and soft skills? i.e: MySQL, STATA, R, Salesforce, Zendesk, JIRA, and etc.

If you don’t possess any, I am afraid you’ll only be on par with fresh grads.

navi 28-04-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132896)
Similar to the private sector. Any technical skills acquired over your 4 years beyond administrative and soft skills? i.e: MySQL, STATA, R, Salesforce, Zendesk, JIRA, and etc.

If you don’t possess any, I am afraid you’ll only be on par with fresh grads.

No tech skill. Only knowledge in the systems used by civil servants and the SOPs etc.

Wonder if HR took my previous pay and +15%~ or just took my qualifications to offer me the pay.