Starting Pay for CS/Ministries 2020 Covid Batch - Page 15 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Starting Pay for CS/Ministries 2020 Covid Batch

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #141 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2020, 10:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
to all fresh grad, dont ever think govt sector pay high.. its average..

the HR like to explain their package as annual because that how govt keep people stay.. they like to say 16 - 17 month but contract never state which mean it is not guarantee..

always rmb monthly basic is guarantee.. bonus is not guarantee..

always choose a job that give high basic than high bonus...

with high basic, when you change job you have high bargain power...
You obviously don't know how ppl at MAS & EDB are being paid then... just continue to be salty because you wont ever be able to get in

Reply With Quote
  #142 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2020, 01:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You obviously don't know how ppl at MAS & EDB are being paid then... just continue to be salty because you wont ever be able to get in
I left MAS for the corporate world. For all its vaunted, MAS pays like crap starting only mid 3.

Reply With Quote
  #143 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2020, 04:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I left MAS for the corporate world. For all its vaunted, MAS pays like crap starting only mid 3.
For some strange reason, ppl on this thread seem to think that MAS pays handsomely. I say let them get in and see the offered salary for themself

Reply With Quote
  #144 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2020, 02:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Pray tell how you got annual package when your bonuses are variable according to the market? Did you simply multiply your monthly by 16 or 17? Iíd hate to break it to you but count yourself lucky if you get more than 13 this month.

Also weíre talking about basic salaries which shouldnt include the bonus.
You see, you can't just cherry pick data to compare. If you say now is covid, then likewise in private sector you will also be seeing 0 bonus, salary cuts, or even job losses.

13 month bonus in CS is better than zero bonus, getting laid off in the private sector or even cutting pay.

Regardless, keeping the assumptions constant (i.e. pre-covid), comparing annual package gives a better comparison because it counts both variable and non variable compensation. If you want to assume covid situation, then apply the same cuts and discounts accordingly.

Simply looking at basic monthly is a very myopic view.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #145 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2020, 09:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Has anyone take up a recent job opportunity, that belongs to the SGUnitedJobs category and may I ask how is the offered salary like compared to your last drawn?
Reply With Quote
  #146 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2020, 09:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You see, you can't just cherry pick data to compare. If you say now is covid, then likewise in private sector you will also be seeing 0 bonus, salary cuts, or even job losses.

13 month bonus in CS is better than zero bonus, getting laid off in the private sector or even cutting pay.

Regardless, keeping the assumptions constant (i.e. pre-covid), comparing annual package gives a better comparison because it counts both variable and non variable compensation. If you want to assume covid situation, then apply the same cuts and discounts accordingly.

Simply looking at basic monthly is a very myopic view.
Iím the poster you quoted - I donít disagree but my question was how would a fresh graduate being offered the job know of the annual package? The offer letter certainly doesnt say?

Bonus and everything is honestly variable. Iím questioning the assumptions behind the calculations. In any case, 16mths based on a 3.8k salary is 61k which matches his numbers suspiciously. What iím saying is that MAS offers 3.6-3.8k for freshies thats all


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #147 (permalink)  
Old 30-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone applying for minimasters?
Reply With Quote
  #148 (permalink)  
Old 31-07-2020, 01:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You sound really salty. Can't attest for EDB or ESG but i can guarantee that MAS fresh grad assoc total annhal package is 61k minimum.
Can confirm that the above is fake news. In fact, MAS does not pay 13th month or Civil Service Bonus. Only PB in Apr which is very low for average performance... less than 2 months
Reply With Quote
  #149 (permalink)  
Old 31-07-2020, 06:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You see, you can't just cherry pick data to compare. If you say now is covid, then likewise in private sector you will also be seeing 0 bonus, salary cuts, or even job losses.

13 month bonus in CS is better than zero bonus, getting laid off in the private sector or even cutting pay.

Regardless, keeping the assumptions constant (i.e. pre-covid), comparing annual package gives a better comparison because it counts both variable and non variable compensation. If you want to assume covid situation, then apply the same cuts and discounts accordingly.

Simply looking at basic monthly is a very myopic view.
Actually basic monthly and AWS are the main consideration to compare. Any variable bonus are not guaranteed i.e. if any it will be a bonus literally.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19 Batch - Are your lowering your expectations? jackcrypto Income and Jobs 298 20-06-2020 11:03 AM
Home of Div 2 Officers (Ministries/ Statboard) Gryphon Income and Jobs 24 25-08-2016 06:42 AM
PUB interview (June's Batch) pandayh Income and Jobs 0 16-06-2014 04:34 PM
Question about contract jobs in Ministries rapier82 Income and Jobs 5 02-09-2011 01:35 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,969 Replies, 2,909,691 Views
How to avoid giving pass salary...
6 Replies, 257 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,374 Replies, 1,972,185 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
767 Replies, 233,105 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
720 Replies, 360,697 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,574 Replies, 5,798,105 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 117,228 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 215,847 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
401 Replies, 216,311 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,515 Replies, 1,068,345 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,376 Replies, 950,509 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 27,977 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,992 Replies, 3,800,242 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 5,744 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,090 Replies, 1,311,021 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 22,536 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,817 Replies, 1,700,268 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,119 Replies, 520,527 Views
Software developers salary outlier
9 Replies, 1,661 Views
technical role in pharmaceutical...
8 Replies, 2,308 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
264 Replies, 172,538 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
397 Replies, 261,485 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,625 Replies, 1,324,631 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 128,325 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,984 Replies, 1,126,508 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
2 Replies, 396 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,827 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
151 Replies, 18,154 Views
How much do you need to retire...
8 Replies, 907 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,757 Replies, 818,024 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2