Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anybody starting/started new job during this Covid19 period? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12547-anybody-starting-started-new-job-during-covid19-period.html)

Miguelogy 04-04-2020 02:34 PM

Anybody starting/started new job during this Covid19 period?

I am starting my new job during the"lockdown" period, not sure how it is going to be like.. Not sure how I'm going to learn with the WFH arrangements and all..

Unregistered 04-04-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miguelogy (Post 131753)
I am starting my new job during the"lockdown" period, not sure how it is going to be like.. Not sure how I'm going to learn with the WFH arrangements and all..

Hey Migue, me. Would the start date originally communicated be honoured? Has your employer told u?

Regards
Korona

Miguelogy 04-04-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131755)
Hey Migue, me. Would the start date originally communicated be honoured? Has your employer told u?

Regards
Korona

Was told nth yet..even my interview was done online..Tricky period now

Unregistered 04-04-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miguelogy (Post 131757)
Was told nth yet..even my interview was done online..Tricky period now

Exact predicament. Have you asked your employer?

Regards
Korona

Unregistered 04-04-2020 03:26 PM

Me. Next week will be my 4th week into this job, have been WFH from the very first day. Even my laptop was couriered personally to my house lol. My interviews were all conducted F2F though in Feb where the situation wasn’t as bad yet.

Unregistered 04-04-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131762)
Me. Next week will be my 4th week into this job, have been WFH from the very first day. Even my laptop was couriered personally to my house lol. My interviews were all conducted F2F though in Feb where the situation wasn’t as bad yet.

Is that a government job?

Regards
Korona

ongmeiyan 04-04-2020 07:19 PM

Which industry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miguelogy (Post 131753)

You're very lucky indeed to got the job offer. Which industry are you involved in?

Unregistered 04-04-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131773)
Is that a government job?

Regards
Korona

No. Private sector.

Unregistered 06-04-2020 08:16 PM

Public Sector WFH

Hi, just commenced my 1st day of work today, right before the WFH implementation 7 april onwards. Very lucky, but also very weird, because everything from induction to training is done online! It takes a while of getting used to, especially having to get to know your colleagues through video call haha. Anyway have to get used to telecommute till WFH ceases! Let's pray Covid will quickly abate.

Unregistered 06-04-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131878)
Hi, just commenced my 1st day of work today, right before the WFH implementation 7 april onwards. Very lucky, but also very weird, because everything from induction to training is done online! It takes a while of getting used to, especially having to get to know your colleagues through video call haha. Anyway have to get used to telecommute till WFH ceases! Let's pray Covid will quickly abate.

By any chance you are from the education ministry?

Unregistered 06-04-2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131878)

Hey, can i check with you when was your interview? Did you go to the office to sign the contract? Appreciate your response (so I can have a gauge) as I’m anxious for my outcome.

yanzi123 07-04-2020 01:10 PM

can try to do your own businesses online, check out this what can you do at home

LOL 08-04-2020 11:05 PM

I signed my contract in early March, anticipated first day was on first week of April, subsequently was pushed back to second week of April. And now it got postponed to 4 May...

rihardmiami21 08-04-2020 11:06 PM

Where do you plan finding the job?

Unregistered 09-04-2020 05:10 PM

Just signed virtual contract. Everything was done through VC and emails. I think like one of the earlier posts, laptops will be couriered.

Unregistered 09-04-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131887)
Hey, can i check with you when was your interview? Did you go to the office to sign the contract? Appreciate your response (so I can have a gauge) as I’m anxious for my outcome.

I was quite lucky as my interview was way back in late feb / 1st week of march thereabout. Interview took about 1 week (first and final interview in same week, 2 days apart), offered on day after final interview, wait about 2 weeks for HR to prepare contract, signed around late March...which was why I was very lucky to start work right before the circuit breaker measures kicked in.

Anyway don't worry, i had a small chat with HR and it seems they're resorting to e-interviews / telecommute / emails in the meantime. Just know that hiring processes will now be a lot slower and tedious because 98% of the public service is working from home. Which naturally brings more inconvenience and delays. If you haven't, drop the HR a message and ask when soonest can you hear back (what i did). Good luck!

Unregistered 09-04-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131887)

I was quite lucky as my interview was way back in late feb / 1st week of march thereabout. Interview took about 1 week (first and final interview in same week, 2 days apart), offered on day after final interview, wait about 2 weeks for HR to prepare contract, signed around late March...which was why I was very lucky to start work right before the circuit breaker measures kicked in.

Unregistered 09-04-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132029)

Anyway don't worry, i had a small chat with HR and it seems they're resorting to e-interviews / telecommute / emails in the meantime. Just know that hiring processes will now be a lot slower and tedious because 98% of the public service is working from home. Which naturally brings more inconvenience and delays. If you haven't, drop the HR a message and ask when soonest can you hear back (what i did). Good luck!

Unregistered 09-04-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132019)
Just signed virtual contract. Everything was done through VC and emails. I think like one of the earlier posts, laptops will be couriered.

If public sector dont think so, because most of the laptops require very comprehensive IT set-up of accounts and passwords which is a lengthy process and need to do it in person cause of privacy and encryption...some HR still on rotation, but most are asked to vacate office unless they have urgent public facing duties.

Unregistered 09-04-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOL (Post 131979)
I signed my contract in early March, anticipated first day was on first week of April, subsequently was pushed back to second week of April. And now it got postponed to 4 May...

public sector stat board? or private? hahaha

Unregistered 09-04-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131884)
By any chance you are from the education ministry?

Nope, state board! Are you under MOE? Cause im curious whats the situation like for MOE now? hire freeze? since all existing teachers and staff need wfh dont think theres intake now right