Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19 Batch - Are your lowering your expectations? - Page 26 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19 Batch - Are your lowering your expectations?

Old 01-06-2020, 01:39 PM

sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OCBC had also in May lowered the minimum salary requirement to qualify for the 360 account's salary bonus interest to $1,800, from $2,000 previously. Half of the new accounts opened in May will now be able to earn the salary bonus interest, especially customers who are just entering the workforce, said OCBC head of deposits Gregory Cher in a statement.

Based on above stmt by OCBC, it suggests that for half of the new deposit accounts opened with them in May, the salary ranges from $2250 - $2500. I think it should consist mostly of poly grads/ private uni grads? Would be terrible if this is fresh grad local uni grad pay, as I think this was the fresh pay like abt 15 years ago?
What to do, just lan lan work like a dog whole life, have two char siew children and a once chio wife who becomes fat and naggy

Then after that, enjoy retirement as a cardboard picker

Such is the life of a Sinkie

Old 01-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
What to do, just lan lan work like a dog whole life, have two char siew children and a once chio wife who becomes fat and naggy

ok sinkingfeeling

Old 02-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Eh this sinkingfeeling guy is seriously a mood dampener in the forums. Always see his name in the latest threads but never once providing any genuine advice or helping others out. Only spreading negativity and feeling shitty for himself.

Get off your fking ass and go work towards what you wanna achieve. There are numerous courses online you can take to learn new skills. Spend time upgrading yourself instead of coming onto this forum and looking down on others and yourself. Whining isn't going to magically land you a job of your dreams or accumulate any sympathy points for you.

This will sound harsh but this is the real world.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 02-06-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Eh this sinkingfeeling guy is seriously a mood dampener in the forums. Always see his name in the latest threads but never once providing any genuine advice or helping others out. Only spreading negativity and feeling shitty for himself.

Get off your fking ass and go work towards what you wanna achieve. There are numerous courses online you can take to learn new skills. Spend time upgrading yourself instead of coming onto this forum and looking down on others and yourself. Whining isn't going to magically land you a job of your dreams or accumulate any sympathy points for you.

This will sound harsh but this is the real world.
It's true, I spread joy wherever I go
Old 02-06-2020, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
It's true, I spread joy wherever I go
Posting senseless and useless responses isn't going to help you. But wtv man you do you. Can't help you if you don't even want to help yourself

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app
Old 02-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Posting senseless and useless responses isn't going to help you. But wtv man you do you. Can't help you if you don't even want to help yourself
OK to be serious.

I suffer from a lot of problems - social problems (pretty obvious), health problems, mental problems.

I have trouble holding down a job, I have trouble making friends, and I'm quite a sickly person.

And each time I try to solve my problems, I realise my problems are never ending and that some of them are insurmountable.

That's just talking about the problems that are supposedly within my controls by the way.

At least that's the way I see it.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
OK to be serious.

I suffer from a lot of problems - social problems (pretty obvious), health problems, mental problems.

I have trouble holding down a job, I have trouble making friends, and I'm quite a sickly person.

And each time I try to solve my problems, I realise my problems are never ending and that some of them are insurmountable.

That's just talking about the problems that are supposedly within my controls by the way.

At least that's the way I see it.
Okay first off, finally you are being serious and posting properly without using that stupid ass emoji. Posting those pointless comments isn't going to help your situation. With the current climate in the job market and the economy, the last thing everyone on this forum needs right now is another post infused with negativity.

Next, you have listed out quite a number of problems. You can do a self evaluation and find what is the underlying issue that is causing those problems. For example, is the reason why you cannot make friends due to your social awkwardness? If so, then you can work on your social and communication skills to eradicate that problem. If the reason you cannot hold on to your job is because of your education or skill level, then you will need to upgrade and learn new skills to stay relevant.

Problems are only insurmountable if you leave them unresolved. And no problem is ever resolved overnight. Every step you take to resolve them is a step closer to eradicating it. Always take one thing at a time, some progress is better than no progress at all. A very important thing is also the way we see problem. You can choose to see it as a hindrance to yourself, or you can see it as a challenge that will make you stronger when you overcome it. (At least that's how I choose to view obstacles)

This post may sound overwhelming but just take one thing at a time and go at your own pace. Don't bother how others are doing most important is how you are progressing relative to YOURSELF.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay first off, finally you are being serious and posting properly without using that stupid ass emoji. Posting those pointless comments isn't going to help your situation. With the current climate in the job market and the economy, the last thing everyone on this forum needs right now is another post infused with negativity.

Next, you have listed out quite a number of problems. You can do a self evaluation and find what is the underlying issue that is causing those problems. For example, is the reason why you cannot make friends due to your social awkwardness? If so, then you can work on your social and communication skills to eradicate that problem. If the reason you cannot hold on to your job is because of your education or skill level, then you will need to upgrade and learn new skills to stay relevant.

Problems are only insurmountable if you leave them unresolved. And no problem is ever resolved overnight. Every step you take to resolve them is a step closer to eradicating it. Always take one thing at a time, some progress is better than no progress at all. A very important thing is also the way we see problem. You can choose to see it as a hindrance to yourself, or you can see it as a challenge that will make you stronger when you overcome it. (At least that's how I choose to view obstacles)

This post may sound overwhelming but just take one thing at a time and go at your own pace. Don't bother how others are doing most important is how you are progressing relative to YOURSELF.

@sinkingfeeling, the poster above is right. You can choose to break down each problem into bite sized pieces and take active steps to tackle it one piece at a time. Nobody can resolve a large complex problem at one go. If you are willing to share more actual details, perhaps someone may come up with ideas for you to work on. Posting silly comments with no insight into your issues is not gonna help you in any way. The most important thing to ask yourself is: Do you want to get out of the this hole? If you do, only you can make the first move. Feeling sorry for yourself is not going to advance your cause.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:

Thank you. Am now in the process of getting help for my many health issues. Hopefully will pave the path for resolving my career issues.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
@sinkingfeeling, the poster above is right. You can choose to break down each problem into bite sized pieces and take active steps to tackle it one piece at a time. Nobody can resolve a large complex problem at one go. If you are willing to share more actual details, perhaps someone may come up with ideas for you to work on. Posting silly comments with no insight into your issues is not gonna help you in any way. The most important thing to ask yourself is: Do you want to get out of the this hole? If you do, only you can make the first move. Feeling sorry for yourself is not going to advance your cause.
First work problem I can think of: when I had a job I used to spend a lot of time writing and rewriting emails.

I was scared that people would interpret something I didn't mean. Also have a desire to make sure my writing is polished. But then I always spent maybe half an hour on that.

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app