Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Fresh Grad from local U cant find job, any advice? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12504-fresh-grad-local-u-cant-find-job-any-advice.html)

threadstarter 26-03-2020 06:48 PM

Fresh Grad from local U cant find job, any advice?

Graduating this semester.. send out more than 100 resumes but not much luck.

Accountancy graduate from local u. 2nd upper honours.

Any advice please?

Unregistered 26-03-2020 08:22 PM

I alr sent 160

Unregistered 26-03-2020 09:52 PM

All the best to you too! Seize any opportunities that come (born in the year 1995 - 1997, thumbs down man)

threadstarter 26-03-2020 10:43 PM

really tough... what should I do if I can’t find full time roles?

Unregistered 26-03-2020 10:46 PM

im from hr, hr field more jialat now. i suggest u apply diploma level position lor, with ur degree

Unregistered 26-03-2020 11:39 PM

wat kind of jobs did you apply for? big 4?

Unregistered 26-03-2020 11:57 PM

How many months have you been job hunting? It took me 2-3 months of job-hunting to get a confirmed job offer.

Unregistered 27-03-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130950)
How many months have you been job hunting? It took me 2-3 months of job-hunting to get a confirmed job offer.

i got converted from my internship so i guess i got it lucky hehe

atb to job seekers out there!

Unregistered 27-03-2020 09:33 AM

I graduated in 2008 during the financial crisis. Same situation. Not much job. Offered only 2.5k no choice have to take.

Never got salary adjustment. But fresh grad in 3 years batch later straight say get up to 3.2k.

Worked for 12 years in IT. Increment slow. Now only teach 5.1k but only to learn that fresh grad in IT last year getting 4.4k.

Can't get a break..

I hope you don't face the same fate as me.

Those got in last year also not good cause this year increment will be low. You want to change job everywhere also low.

Life is not fair I learned it. So I'm not fair to my colleagues at work too.

threadstarter 27-03-2020 12:07 PM

Applied big 4 also no jobs... they take back offers instead.

Really no where to go alr, tough times ahead

Unregistered 27-03-2020 02:13 PM

those salary surveys, most likely is government sector one and probably is degree level applying for degree level required positions.

Unregistered 27-03-2020 08:20 PM

why never study comp sci? still can earn 5k starting

Unregistered 27-03-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131012)
why never study comp sci? still can earn 5k starting

But by 40 year old become useless and irrelevant? No thanks

Unregistered 28-03-2020 02:32 AM

recently heard many fresh grad become sugar baby ...... because cannot find job totally

Unregistered 29-03-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131017)
But by 40 year old become useless and irrelevant? No thanks

Such a strong, opinionated, and sweeping statement to make at an entire field. Don't worry, I have seen mid careerists switch over to reap the benefits of tech. The pay is insane here. You can have a piece of the pie too, if you work for it.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 01:49 PM

Is it possible for a PM in an unrelated field (e.g. healthcare / finance, etc) to go into the tech sector mid-career if he or she has a comsci/engr background and programming knowledge?

Unregistered 29-03-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131137)
Such a strong, opinionated, and sweeping statement to make at an entire field. Don't worry, I have seen mid careerists switch over to reap the benefits of tech. The pay is insane here. You can have a piece of the pie too, if you work for it.

by 40 he'll be having his money work for him while you work for your pie.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131153)
by 40 he'll be having his money work for him while you work for your pie.

Assuming that we dont know how to invest with our 8k starting pay.... Haha.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131185)
Assuming that we dont know how to invest with our 8k starting pay.... Haha.

Ya, If u really know how to invest.. why bother with the 8k job

Unregistered 29-03-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131188)
Ya, If u really know how to invest.. why bother with the 8k job

It's called financial stability.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130971)
I graduated in 2008 during the financial crisis. Same situation. Not much job. Offered only 2.5k no choice have to take.

Never got salary adjustment. But fresh grad in 3 years batch later straight say get up to 3.2k.

Worked for 12 years in IT. Increment slow. Now only teach 5.1k but only to learn that fresh grad in IT last year getting 4.4k.

Can't get a break..

I hope you don't face the same fate as me.

Those got in last year also not good cause this year increment will be low. You want to change job everywhere also low.

Life is not fair I learned it. So I'm not fair to my colleagues at work too.

That's the same as me. Graduated with FCH from NUS but couldn't find a job that pays 3.3k at that time. Settled for a 2.8k role at FMCG consultancy and had a few years of wage freeze. Count yourselves lucky if you have a high-paying job.

It's a vicious world out there now. Management isn't afraid of culling- and the freshies are usually the ones first to be hit (contrary to popular belief that senior mgt will be axed first)

Unregistered 30-03-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131190)
It's called financial stability.

then you clearly know nothing about passive income. you can generate > 8k passive income monthly without even having a job if you know how to invest.

Unregistered 30-03-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131204)
then you clearly know nothing about passive income. you can generate > 8k passive income monthly without even having a job if you know how to invest.

You can also generate 10k passive income "if you know how to invest". But hey, why stop there? Why not generate 20k? Or 50? Or 100? Don't let your dreams be dreams, "if you know how to invest"!!

But serious though, why are you looking down on some fresh grads who are earning decent salary? They earn money, good for them lah. Not everyone can be as successful as you. Don't need to be a wet blanket and step one Warren buffet here. Haiz

Unregistered 30-03-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131227)
You can also generate 10k passive income "if you know how to invest". But hey, why stop there? Why not generate 20k? Or 50? Or 100? Don't let your dreams be dreams, "if you know how to invest"!!

But serious though, why are you looking down on some fresh grads who are earning decent salary? They earn money, good for them lah. Not everyone can be as successful as you. Don't need to be a wet blanket and step one Warren buffet here. Haiz

welcome to this forum lol

Unregistered 31-03-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131200)
That's the same as me. Graduated with FCH from NUS but couldn't find a job that pays 3.3k at that time. Settled for a 2.8k role at FMCG consultancy and had a few years of wage freeze. Count yourselves lucky if you have a high-paying job.

It's a vicious world out there now. Management isn't afraid of culling- and the freshies are usually the ones first to be hit (contrary to popular belief that senior mgt will be axed first)

Now freshie asking for 4.5k in IT. IT bubble is 2000 dun understand why NOW only it become lucrative and freshie getting senior pay now. HOnestly i have a freshie join last year. I dunno he get 4.5k or 3.5k la but cannot do work one.

Boss anything also ask me do, say freshie no experience.. I tell boss then we hire freshie at senior rate to do nothing? Then i tell boss, i quit now. and you rehire me as fresh grad 4.5k and i dunno how to do anything for 1 year ok?

BOss say you are fired.

Unregistered 31-03-2020 09:16 PM

Ignore the ********ters in this thread trying to show off how smart/rich they're when they're only making peanuts.

My advice is to apply and look out for companies that are hiring.

From my limited inside news as a working professional, I know that some tech firms like Shopee/Lazada are still hiring.. I suggest connected with insiders on LinkedIn and trying to find a way in.

Don't be a guniang, ok? When I went down to NTU to do career sharing as a mid level professional, I see all the uni kids so afraid to approach the seniors / guest speakers... you lose out when you're not being aggressive. My 2 cents in this crappy economy.

Unregistered 31-03-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131385)
Ignore the ********ters in this thread trying to show off how smart/rich they're when they're only making peanuts.

My advice is to apply and look out for companies that are hiring.

From my limited inside news as a working professional, I know that some tech firms like Shopee/Lazada are still hiring.. I suggest connected with insiders on LinkedIn and trying to find a way in.

Don't be a guniang, ok? When I went down to NTU to do career sharing as a mid level professional, I see all the uni kids so afraid to approach the seniors / guest speakers... you lose out when you're not being aggressive. My 2 cents in this crappy economy.

I'm from SMU and all of my friends got jobs in investment banking lol
Crappy is what you make of it.

Unregistered 31-03-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131390)

so either u r a valedictorian (possible)

or a FCH (also possible but my guess is each local uni only produces 5% of FCH in their sch of biz cohort/batch).

or what we call in hokkien a dua pao xian (big cannon fairy), or in proper english, someone who exaggerates things a lot.

not i wanna say u hor. but the keywords "all of my friends."

Unregistered 31-03-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131390)

yeah, one of smu courses is how to suckup well... hence why they went into investment banking. it's a joke of a job, don't know why Singaporeans are so fascinated with it.

Unregistered 31-03-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131398)
yeah, one of smu courses is how to suckup well... hence why they went into investment banking. it's a joke of a job, don't know why Singaporeans are so fascinated with it.

who cares, i'm happy with my starting pay of 13k

Unregistered 01-04-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131406)
who cares, i'm happy with my starting pay of 13k

I know, I am glad all of you can be bought. No difference with prostitutes. Don’t know why you people get offended when I ask how much to screw the female banker for the deal.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131411)
I know, I am glad all of you can be bought. No difference with prostitutes. Don’t know why you people get offended when I ask how much to screw the female banker for the deal.

why would we get offended? we know very well what we're in for.
we'll do anything for the money. that's why only some people get rich, and the rest of you, well you know la hor
this is a world without morals, so you do you. peace.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131413)
we'll do anything for the money. that's why only some people get rich, and the rest of you, well you know la hor

Those rich this lifetime is they tool and suffer hard labor from previous lifetime. Likewise they rich this lifetime will suffer hard labor next lifetime. Cycle of life.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131436)
Those rich this lifetime is they tool and suffer hard labor from previous lifetime. Likewise they rich this lifetime will suffer hard labor next lifetime. Cycle of life.

as i said, i believe in money, just like how you believe in reincarnation and fairy godmothers.

you go girl.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131444)
as i said, i believe in money, just like how you believe in reincarnation and fairy godmothers.

you go girl.

You believe in money yet don't own your business? Or do investment or pursue risky $ venture.
You only settle to work for other people for a standard pay? And complain about the system failed you.

Kinda ironic right.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131413)

pretty sure i have more $ than you hence i am the one in the position to actively screw the pretty banker chicks.

if you're a guy, you're only fit to buy condoms for us to do so.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131453)
pretty sure i have more $ than you hence i am the one in the position to actively screw the pretty banker chicks.

if you're a guy, you're only fit to buy condoms for us to do so.

Haha someone triggered cause his whole life identify is based on $
People with $ don't give a ****. What is 1 million? Donate. What is 10 million? Just splurge.

It's usually people lack of $ that yearns for $ lo.

People who have sex so often until cannot hard liao don't need more sex lo.

Use your condom brain head la.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131449)
You believe in money yet don't own your business? Or do investment or pursue risky $ venture.
You only settle to work for other people for a standard pay? And complain about the system failed you.

Kinda ironic right.

Not once did i complain that the system failed me. You probably got the wrong poster lol. Learn to read, boomer

Unregistered 01-04-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131470)
Not once did i complain that the system failed me. You probably got the wrong poster lol. Learn to read, boomer

Bye felicia

Unregistered 01-04-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131455)
Haha someone triggered cause his whole life identify is based on $
People with $ don't give a ****. What is 1 million? Donate. What is 10 million? Just splurge.

It's usually people lack of $ that yearns for $ lo.

People who have sex so often until cannot hard liao don't need more sex lo.

Use your condom brain head la.

haha silly analysts making 13k and spending few k a night on bottles (no models) thinking they're hot sh!t.

until you have drank Yamazaki 50, you're a nothing burger ok? btw, if you need to google, you obviously have been drinking cheap alcohol all your life.