Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Fresh Grad from local U cant find job, any advice? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12504-fresh-grad-local-u-cant-find-job-any-advice.html)

sinkingfeeling 14-06-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138055)
join SIM UOL, they getting 2.4k perm job while we getting 2.2k traineeship

It's true, I am the job :(

sinkingfeeling 14-06-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138133)
go SIM UOL, can become INVESTMENT BANKER at JP Morgan

Not just JPM :(

All the BBs are waiting for private uni grads with outstretched arms :(

The fact is, LSE clementi degree is second to none in SG! :(

Unregistered 22-04-2021 10:44 AM

More like fresh grad don't want to accept low paid job and can't find high paid jobs

Unregistered 08-07-2021 02:23 AM

lmao thought i could actually get something out of this thread xD
why did I even bother

Unregistered 08-07-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177292)
lmao thought i could actually get something out of this thread xD
why did I even bother

There are a lot of poor low-income EDMW-ers spending all their time trolling this forum. And then they blame CECA or whatever is trendy for all their downfalls, anyone's fault but themselves for being losers.

Unregistered 08-07-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177294)
There are a lot of poor low-income EDMW-ers spending all their time trolling this forum. And then they blame CECA or whatever is trendy for all their downfalls, anyone's fault but themselves for being losers.

Im not low income but i enjoy coming in and looking at stupid comments like this. It is very true that govt policies can influence the workforce and economy. No denying that. The true effectiveness of CECA is not known yet; govt did not release any concrete data regarding this. Impact on singaporeans is unknown yet. What singaporeans know and can see with their own eyes is that many more CECA indians are among us now in singapore. And they arent getting low level jobs. They are in fact getting very high pay (above 15k) and parachute into senior management roles when some of their educational credentials and/or skills/exp are not even relevant or real.

Unregistered 08-07-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177301)
Im not low income but i enjoy coming in and looking at stupid comments like this. It is very true that govt policies can influence the workforce and economy. No denying that. The true effectiveness of CECA is not known yet; govt did not release any concrete data regarding this. Impact on singaporeans is unknown yet. What singaporeans know and can see with their own eyes is that many more CECA indians are among us now in singapore. And they arent getting low level jobs. They are in fact getting very high pay (above 15k) and parachute into senior management roles when some of their educational credentials and/or skills/exp are not even relevant or real.

same. just take a walk in changi biz park and use ur own eyes to see.

Unregistered 08-07-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177301)

Im not low income but i enjoy coming in and looking at stupid comments like this.
1. And they arent getting low level jobs --> you are free to make a claim, but please provide evidence.
2. They are in fact getting very high pay (above 15k) and parachute into senior management roles --> you are free to make a claim, but please provide evidence.
3. Skills/exp are not even relevant or real --> you are free to make a claim, but please provide evidence.

If you want to have an honest conversation about it, you need to show links/statistics/empirical evidence and not just shoot off impressions. If what you say is true, you need to be able to answer to questions like: "How many more foreign nationals?", "What proportion are fake?", "Is it due to CECA, or other employment programmes?"

Unregistered 08-07-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177321)
Im not low income but i enjoy coming in and looking at stupid comments like this.
1. And they arent getting low level jobs --> you are free to make a claim, but please provide evidence.
2. They are in fact getting very high pay (above 15k) and parachute into senior management roles --> you are free to make a claim, but please provide evidence.
3. Skills/exp are not even relevant or real --> you are free to make a claim, but please provide evidence.

If you want to have an honest conversation about it, you need to show links/statistics/empirical evidence and not just shoot off impressions. If what you say is true, you need to be able to answer to questions like: "How many more foreign nationals?", "What proportion are fake?", "Is it due to CECA, or other employment programmes?"

The evidence presented will be largely anecdotal at this point of time. So no matter how detailed one's account is or many others, surely you will brush it off as an exception or a one off incident.

I do agree that having concrete data/statistics about CECA and other initiatives by the government will shed some light. But in case you didn't know, whatever statistics and evidence is all held by the government. They release whatever they like, when they like, how they like. Just watch the recent parliamentary debate, do you really think the government will give the opposition or citizens whatever data/statistics just because we request for it? Or do you think the government will strategically release certain stats to paint a picture that CECA is actually benefitting everyone in SG? Go figure.

Unregistered 08-07-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177323)
The evidence presented will be largely anecdotal at this point of time. So no matter how detailed one's account is or many others, surely you will brush it off as an exception or a one off incident.

I do agree that having concrete data/statistics about CECA and other initiatives by the government will shed some light. But in case you didn't know, whatever statistics and evidence is all held by the government. They release whatever they like, when they like, how they like. Just watch the recent parliamentary debate, do you really think the government will give the opposition or citizens whatever data/statistics just because we request for it? Or do you think the government will strategically release certain stats to paint a picture that CECA is actually benefitting everyone in SG? Go figure.

Then your conversation and focus should be directed towards how we can get the government to release the figures, and why it is important, rather than jumping the step and throwing statements/conclusions, no matter how anecdotal they might be. On a similar note, they just released certain numbers with regards to PR statuses, which people have always been asking for. Not as comprehensive as we would like it to be for sure, but it's a start to a decent conversation.

Blaming CECA, blaming PRs, blaming LGBTS, blaming God, blaming the rich, blaming the government without statistics, blaming anyone, certainly doesn't help whatever cause you are fighting for. Go figure.