Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Big 4 firm rescind offers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12489-big-4-firm-rescind-offers.html)

Unregistered 27-03-2020 03:13 PM

3k so low. Even employment pass from MOM requires minimum 3.9k salary now..

Unregistered 27-03-2020 03:19 PM

MOM employment pass min salary requirement is set high to deter companies from choosing foreigners over locals.

Unregistered 27-03-2020 10:11 PM

KPMG audit rescinded too.

Unregistered 27-03-2020 11:41 PM

I didn't get rescinded but I'm actually thinking of rescinding their offer.
I recently received an offer from BNP Paribas. Should I renege on my current offer for PwC deals strategy? The pay is at least 80% higher.

Unregistered 28-03-2020 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131023)
I didn't get rescinded but I'm actually thinking of rescinding their offer.
I recently received an offer from BNP Paribas. Should I renege on my current offer for PwC deals strategy? The pay is at least 80% higher.

yes. They won't hesitate to reneg on you as you've read here.

Unregistered 28-03-2020 10:18 AM

for those who had offers were rescinded, was a contract signed prior to them rescinding the offer?

think that may be a breach in contract and legal actions can be taken?

Unregistered 28-03-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131044)
for those who had offers were rescinded, was a contract signed prior to them rescinding the offer?

think that may be a breach in contract and legal actions can be taken?

Haha. Any proper employment contract worth its salt has a mechanism built in to allow the firm to do something like that, especially if you haven't passed a probationary period or started work.

Even if they indeed breached a term of the contract, exactly what action do you want to take?

You want to be the known as the guy who sued a big 4 firm for rescinding? I'm sure that will do wonders for your job search

Unregistered 28-03-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131052)
Haha. Any proper employment contract worth its salt has a mechanism built in to allow the firm to do something like that, especially if you haven't passed a probationary period or started work.

Even if they indeed breached a term of the contract, exactly what action do you want to take?

You want to be the known as the guy who sued a big 4 firm for rescinding? I'm sure that will do wonders for your job search

End of the day, depends if the person's rep is worth more or the firm's rep is worth more.

Unregistered 28-03-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131052)

There are specific reasons for terminating the contract after you sign (e.g. failed medical, lied in the info you provide, fail background check). But i'm guessing the people who had their offers rescinded don't fall under this category.

There is a reason why it is called a contract. If a company can so easily rescind an offer, then what is the use of it? Also, imagine you are currently employed and have to resign from your job because you accepted their offer. A month after serving your notice the company tell you that they are rescinding the offer. Then won't you be jobless?

As mentioned by the guy above, their rep is worth a lot more than yours. Who would want to join them again or vote them as "employers of choice" if this is known to public.

for those affected, can find some articles online - s://.hcamag.com/asia/news/general/can-you-legally-rescind-a-job-offer/142127

Unregistered 28-03-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131078)
There are specific reasons for terminating the contract after you sign (e.g. failed medical, lied in the info you provide, fail background check). But i'm guessing the people who had their offers rescinded don't fall under this category.

There is a reason why it is called a contract. If a company can so easily rescind an offer, then what is the use of it? Also, imagine you are currently employed and have to resign from your job because you accepted their offer. A month after serving your notice the company tell you that they are rescinding the offer. Then won't you be jobless?

As mentioned by the guy above, their rep is worth a lot more than yours. Who would want to join them again or vote them as "employers of choice" if this is known to public.

for those affected, can find some articles online - s://.hcamag.com/asia/news/general/can-you-legally-rescind-a-job-offer/142127

Advise to find a lawyer.
Yes u may not win the suit, and have to pay legal fees
But honour is more impt.