Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   [advice] Recruitment agency bringing me to Small claims tribunal (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12430-advice-recruitment-agency-bringing-me-small-claims-tribunal.html)

coldstew2k 06-03-2020 10:57 AM

[advice] Recruitment agency bringing me to Small claims tribunal

I found a job through the recruiter and I was hired directly with the company. I left the company less than 3 months, now the recruiter wants me to compensate 1 month salary (3k) to them. I will be attending the hearing in April. What are my chances?

The reason why I left was that the job does not suit me, i'm overly under qualified, nobody was training me as promised. The 1 month plus I was there, I was just staring into laptop trying to figure out rocket science literally. I was even questioned why i keep using the phrase "figure out" by my programming architect. Whenever I ask him for help or inputs he just shrug his shoulder. I worked with a team of Russians programmers. It could be cultural difference or they have no interest to train me. I even sourced for my own external training, cost approved by HR but my manager refuse to let me go. I feel like they are not keen to train me at all, thus my decision to leave.

Welcome constructive feedback.

Unregistered 06-03-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldstew2k (Post 129730)
I found a job through the recruiter and I was hired directly with the company. I left the company less than 3 months, now the recruiter wants me to compensate 1 month salary (3k) to them. I will be attending the hearing in April. What are my chances?

The reason why I left was that the job does not suit me, i'm overly under qualified, nobody was training me as promised. The 1 month plus I was there, I was just staring into laptop trying to figure out rocket science literally. I was even questioned why i keep using the phrase "figure out" by my programming architect. Whenever I ask him for help or inputs he just shrug his shoulder. I worked with a team of Russians programmers. It could be cultural difference or they have no interest to train me. I even sourced for my own external training, cost approved by HR but my manager refuse to let me go. I feel like they are not keen to train me at all, thus my decision to leave.

u signed the contract with the recruitment agency eyes wide open

kenneth.lim 15-03-2020 11:03 AM

The company didn't terminate the contract.

The recruitment firm didn't terminate the contract.

You terminated the contract by resigning.

Since the contract has a clause that penalises you for terminating the contract early, it really doesn't seem like you have much chance to dodge this penalty.

Having nice colleagues/supervisors or people who are willing to spend time to teach their juniors has never been part of any employment contract.

Good luck in any case.

Unregistered 15-03-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

you shouldn't have resigned but force them to fire you instead. then it wouldn't be on you to pay compensation

Unregistered 15-03-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Nothing to worry about.
s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/9213-breaking-letter-commitment-recruitment-agency

Please see this link

AccidentallyAgain 28-03-2020 03:32 PM

Any update on your case?

coldstew2k 24-06-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccidentallyAgain (Post 131068)
Any update on your case?

Will update when there is an outcome. I went for first consultation today after multiple adjournment due to covid19. Definitely feels like I have a better chance to win this case after today.

Unregistered 24-06-2020 05:14 PM

Just ignore.

Unregistered 25-06-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldstew2k (Post 139656)
Will update when there is an outcome. I went for first consultation today after multiple adjournment due to covid19. Definitely feels like I have a better chance to win this case after today.

Great! just curious, what were the terms of the contract? leave within 3 months/before probation = pay penalty?

coldstew2k 26-06-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139755)
Great! just curious, what were the terms of the contract? leave within 3 months/before probation = pay penalty?

Yes something like that. Have to work for the client for at least 3 months, otherwise i have to compensate the recruiter 1 month. The fella was very persistent I pay up the 3k after the judge ask if he was willing to drop the figure. I should be able to share some good news and ways to tackle this soon.