Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 15-02-2019 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113843)
I just joined the public sector back in sept. And from then till now, i am fairly certain i have done and amassed so many projects that warrants a gd grade. But will my grade still be the default c despite good performance?

You haven't even hit a full 6 months. If you get anything higher than a C, I would be very surprised.

Unregistered 16-02-2019 12:31 PM

I joined in November two years back, received 1.85 prorated PB the next April so I believe C+ is possible. To get a B I think you'll need to show a lot of highly visible deliverables, especially when senior management doesn't even know who you are.

Unregistered 16-02-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113843)
I just joined the public sector back in sept. And from then till now, i am fairly certain i have done and amassed so many projects that warrants a gd grade. But will my grade still be the default c despite good performance?

Quantity of projects is not equivalent to quality of projects. You have only joined for 6 months, how much value do you think you have added to the organisation? This is before even considering the projects that your peers have done and the value they added. PB is always about how much of your KPI you have achieved and did you go above & beyond.

Unregistered 17-02-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113846)
You haven't even hit a full 6 months. If you get anything higher than a C, I would be very surprised.

I joined CS in Jun so have been in service for 6.5 months as of 2018 year-end, will I still get default C, or will I be graded based on actual performance evaluation? I have done the "mid-year" confirmation SAR. Thx in advance.

Unregistered 17-02-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113879)
I joined CS in Jun so have been in service for 6.5 months as of 2018 year-end, will I still get default C, or will I be graded based on actual performance evaluation? I have done the "mid-year" confirmation SAR. Thx in advance.

Depends on your gender and age.

Unregistered 18-02-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113788)
End Feb so early? Actually would our directors already know which officers got promoted by now?

It's already decided by January, and HR usually concur unless in exceptional cases.

Unregistered 18-02-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113897)
It's already decided by January, and HR usually concur unless in exceptional cases.

Hmm so by now your Director may already know who got promoted?

Unregistered 19-02-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113882)
Depends on your gender and age.

This is interesting, I am male, MX11. Worked for some years in the private sector.

Unregistered 19-02-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113901)
Hmm so by now your Director may already know who got promoted?

Yes, since he is one of the final few to sign off on promotions.

Unregistered 22-02-2019 01:35 PM

Will PB notification be out on 18 Mar this year?