Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209688)
Will promote if you continue to prove that you can handle at the new position. Jia You!

But wouldnt it be weird that you are MX12 and your title is Assistant Director? MX12 max is Executive. Assistant Director is MX11 minimally.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209696)
But wouldnt it be weird that you are MX12 and your title is Assistant Director? MX12 max is Executive. Assistant Director is MX11 minimally.

Eh, you new to civil service ah? Why can’t an MX12 take over an MX11 post without promotion? You should actually be glad that they gave you this MX11 post. Means you will be doing work that is of a higher grade and thus stand a higher chance of getting good PG and promotion. It is NOT a must to promote you unless you have proven yourself to be worthy to take on the MX11 post. Just be grateful that you now stand a higher chance of getting promoted if you do well in your new post! If still not happy, then tell your boss that you don’t want to take up the post lor! It’s only going to be career suicide only!

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:41 AM

Most of the time you need to be in middle mgmt position first in order to be promoted to middle mgmt grades.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:45 AM

MX11, grade C, 2 mths

Unregistered 22-03-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209657)
Issit possible to be posted to a higher job grade post, but still not promoted?

Assuming you MX12 now, then they post you to MX11 post but you still stay as MX12?

MX12 is executive level. Means they post you to MX11 e.g Assistant Director post.

You designation will change to Assistant Director but your rank remains as MX12.

Got such thing?

Got, I was redesignated to AD late last year but no grade promotion. This year got news that I'll be promoted to MX11A

Unregistered 22-03-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

It depends on ministry and isn't MTI starting designation AD??

Unregistered 22-03-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

What’s so weird ? Anything is possible in today’s world. Strike Toto first prize and become millionaire is possible although chance very slim. Or maybe tonight you die in your sleep also possible. Nothing is impossible. Be thankful you are given the opportunity to climb up the ladder. Doing the same mundane tasks does not advance your career.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 04:05 PM

Anyone from lta? When and where to find the promotion list and increment amount?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209735)
Anyone from lta? When and where to find the promotion list and increment amount?

i sincerely do hope you build up relationship with your colleagues. these info should have been shred by them who have worked there quite some time

Unregistered 22-03-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209703)
MX11, grade C, 2 mths

Same MX11, 2 mths

Unregistered 22-03-2022 06:19 PM

Nbcb

5 years still no promote...? Fug these ****.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209749)

The harsh reality is you cant make it. Your cep is low.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209749)

How u know you not promoted? Your boss told you?

The list already made known to bosses? Means by this week if boss quiet means no promotion rite?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209735)

Any idea how is increment amount determined? other than by grades, anymore determining factors?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209774)
Any idea how is increment amount determined? other than by grades, anymore determining factors?

PB grade, MX grade
Not sure if CEP is a factor

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:56 PM

Should I go talk to my RO if I am upset with my PG?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209794)

so what you want to hear from him?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Boss will console you by saying “Work harder this year”.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

What are you upset about?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209800)
What are you upset about?

My colleagues say I'm performing well but I get default C grade..

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Yes. Provided you can show for it. Ideally, you should be a very high performer and have a good reputation at least within your team.

Will it change your grade this year? No.

But it may really pay off at future rankings if you continue to perform.

Strategically planned grumblings to bosses have really paid off for me. With my current new role, I don't feel on top of things as I did previously so I have chosen to lie low. Pick your battles carefully.

If you are not a high performer or are not well liked on your team, it will likely backfire. Think "so jialat still dare to complain about grading!" kinda reactions at your next screw up.

Unregistered 22-03-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209802)

maybe those colleagues got B 😬

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209622)
Does it matter ? It doesn’t change the quantum that you will be receiving.

It is incorrect. Within each grade, there is a graduated value (eg. B- to B+) which will affect the quantum amount.

I have gotten from B-, 3.2 months to B+, 4 months.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:27 AM

Quote:

It must be a constructive talk, not just shout at him/her 'why is my grading like ???'.

Eg. Where did I under-perform? What can I do? etc. It is also a planning session for 2022. Note it down, do it. If the grading still does improve after your actions, I suggest you quit and find another job.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:53 AM

Now the new competencies grading system makes it easier for you to list out why you should get better grades. So use that as your proof and bargaining chips.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

You performed well but what you did well is within your jobscope? Did you spearhead any new projects or you did something out of your jobscope? Another reason is you may have other fierce competition of same rank so you get the default C. Which means you are performing proficiently in your job, this isn’t a bad grade.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209840)
It is incorrect. Within each grade, there is a graduated value (eg. B- to B+) which will affect the quantum amount.

I have gotten from B-, 3.2 months to B+, 4 months.

No lah, they generalise the grading ie B because they don’t want pple to compare. At the same time, general grading make those getting C- feel better. Quantum ant is tagged to individual PB grade ie C+ grader gets higher quantum amt than C grader, but statement will reflect as “C” only. Btw, which Min or SB you’re from ? Never hear of B- before.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:34 AM

Increment

May i know if the payslip will show the amount of promotion increment and merit increment? Or is it lumped together? Wondering if there is a fixed promotion increment from 11 to 11A and typically how much is it. (First-time promotee in CS here)

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209854)
May i know if the payslip will show the amount of promotion increment and merit increment? Or is it lumped together? Wondering if there is a fixed promotion increment from 11 to 11A and typically how much is it. (First-time promotee in CS here)

Congrats ! Payslip will only reflect your revised salary. No breakdown of promo and merit increment. How you know you are promoted ? Notified by boss or what ?

Unregistered 23-03-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Transfer and move on

Xia suey 23-03-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Lol your colleagues assess you ah?

Unregistered 23-03-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Don’t you know the difference between “performing well” and “performing great” ?
Moreover, the compliment comes from your colleagues, not from boss. You get default C, why grumble ? Your boss didn’t compliment you or promise you anything leh…

Unregistered 23-03-2022 01:11 PM

No hope for promotion already. This week boss keep quiet means no chance already.

So will look forward to salary revision coming soon.

s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/public-sector-union-communication-psd-reviewing-remuneration-amid-increased-attrition-rates-2503716

Last revision is in 2014 where we got 5%

Wondering how much is the increment this time round? Any speculations? Any intel?

Unregistered 23-03-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209884)
No hope for promotion already. This week boss keep quiet means no chance already.

s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/public-sector-union-communication-psd-reviewing-remuneration-amid-increased-attrition-rates-2503716

Wondering how much is the increment this time round? Any speculations? Any intel?

Are we getting any? No news about this from my agency.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209858)
Congrats ! Payslip will only reflect your revised salary. No breakdown of promo and merit increment. How you know you are promoted ? Notified by boss or what ?

Thank you! I was notifed by my RO last week but pending official announcement. :)

Unregistered 23-03-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209850)
No lah, they generalise the grading ie B because they don’t want pple to compare. At the same time, general grading make those getting C- feel better. Quantum ant is tagged to individual PB grade ie C+ grader gets higher quantum amt than C grader, but statement will reflect as “C” only. Btw, which Min or SB you’re from ? Never hear of B- before.

Same I also never see B- or B+, for my side, it is just a universal C/B. It’s the quantum that differentiate between the grades.

Unregistered 23-03-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209932)
Same I also never see B- or B+, for my side, it is just a universal C/B. It’s the quantum that differentiate between the grades.

So 2 mths for MX11 C means C- or C?

Unregistered 23-03-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209884)

Goodoo, last round was 5% la..

Unregistered 23-03-2022 08:10 PM

C is you performing on average or in other words, doing what you are supposed to do and doing nothing beyond.

Its an average grade, dont buy into those fanciful wordings of the grade.

C = you do what you are hired/paid to do, you didn't overperform or underperform, period.

B = ok you did a little more than what you are supposed to, so good job.

A = you spoil market and do beyond what you are supposed to, in other words you are either a superman or super on the ball. bosses love you deep deep.

all the +/- grade in between is just to give more balance to the bell curve, anything below C is when you should start questioning yourself. its either your bosses hate you or you are useless and the rest will thank you for tanking the bottom.

Responder 23-03-2022 10:45 PM

Compare apples with apples

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209469)
Hi everyone,

Just wanna seek guidance here. If a GEO5 officer just joined HQ last year, is it be default PB is C grade. They throw me a lot of stupid saikang and IC ship at HQ in the name of opportunity and still give me a C. Is C grade normal for newly joined MOE HQ officer.

When you are in school, you are a big fish in a small pond. When you are in HQ, you are a small fish in a big pond. People you are up against at ranking is of higher calibre and capacity. So if you get thrown a lot of saikang or “opportunties” to showcase yourself, and still getting a C, it’s probably because your bosses don’t think you are as good as you think you are, and of course, in relative terms to your colleagues.