Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

greenerpastures 26-11-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191492)
Can some1 explain how are the bonuses of the likes of mas/edb higher than the rest of civil service when they do not have mid yr/end yr bonus and aws??? If u add these components tgt with perf bonus, arenít they almost the same?

there are all sorts of way to structure the pay package.

these are all roughly the same:

(i) $5k per month, 1mth mid year, 1 mth yr end, 13th month, 1.5mth PB for average performer

(ii) $5k per month, no bonuses at all except 13th month, 3.5mth PB for average performer

(iii) $5k per month, no bonuses at all except 13th month, 1.5mth PB for average performer plus company-specific bonus for economic performance that year, which is usually 2mth

(iv) $6.25k per month, no bonuses at all, not even 13th month; 1.2mth PB for average performer


endless iterations.

What is important is annual package.

Unregistered 26-11-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenerpastures (Post 191617)
there are all sorts of way to structure the pay package.

these are all roughly the same:

(i) $5k per month, 1mth mid year, 1 mth yr end, 13th month, 1.5mth PB for average performer

(ii) $5k per month, no bonuses at all except 13th month, 3.5mth PB for average performer

(iii) $5k per month, no bonuses at all except 13th month, 1.5mth PB for average performer plus company-specific bonus for economic performance that year, which is usually 2mth

(iv) $6.25k per month, no bonuses at all, not even 13th month; 1.2mth PB for average performer


endless iterations.

What is important is annual package.

Therefore, assuming the monthly salary of someone in civil service and someone in mas/edb is the same, and they get the same PB, which one will end up with a higher annual package?

Unregistered 26-11-2021 01:59 PM

i just got seconded from a stat board to ministry...will i get the bonus

Unregistered 26-11-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191632)
i just got seconded from a stat board to ministry...will i get the bonus

you follow your parent stat board since they are the ones paying you

Unregistered 01-12-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191484)
my chopper is ready for those who want to chop KKJ

Why must chop KKJ? KKJ useless?

Unregistered 01-12-2021 08:37 PM

Bonus scheme
 
Hi hi, anyone can advice the bonus scheme for MOH/HSA?

I'm from healthcare and our bonuses typically is just 1 month AWS and 2-2.5months of performance/company bonus. Total package would be about 15-15.5months.

Is ministry/stat board the same?

Unregistered 02-12-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191484)
my chopper is ready for those who want to chop KKJ

Donít bring your sammyboy filth into this forum

Unregistered 02-12-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191611)
From reading past posts on their bonus structure they donít appear to have mid-year, year-end and aws

yup, same as IMDA, they lump it together as something called corporate bonuses that are given out same time as PB which is after every financial year like April or May the following year.

I have experienced both structures, conclusion is, I would prefer an MX structure, you work and you get what you deserve accordingly at the right month and not have to drag until after the financial year then you collect them.

Unregistered 04-12-2021 12:13 PM

Anyone knows the salary range for MOE MX-13 grade ?

Unregistered 05-12-2021 04:59 PM

If promoted to the next grade, whatís the promotion increment amount like ?? Is it pegged to start at lower tier of the next grade salary range ?

Unregistered 06-12-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192603)
If promoted to the next grade, whatís the promotion increment amount like ?? Is it pegged to start at lower tier of the next grade salary range ?

grades are overlapping so the chances of what u said happening is very low

Unregistered 07-12-2021 11:16 PM

If you didnt request for posting, then suddenly boss mention that you will be posted to other place then he mention that its for you to take up a higher job grade, means what ah?

Unregistered 08-12-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192839)
If you didnt request for posting, then suddenly boss mention that you will be posted to other place then he mention that its for you to take up a higher job grade, means what ah?

means u suck and he doesnt want you

Unregistered 10-12-2021 11:03 PM

Deduction
 
Hi all. I have just received my payslip and i saw there is a deduction for OODQ (MOY). Anyone knows what is that stands for? I tried googling but cant find the answer. Thank you for yr help!

Unregistered 11-12-2021 07:51 PM

Question

If I have a annual confirmation increment in Dec 2021 as i join in Dec 2020
Will I be able to get a merit increment in Apr 2022?

The Apr 2022 will be pro-rated or will be full since I worked from Apr 2021 - Apr 2022?

Annual increment was 4% on Dec 2021

Unregistered 11-12-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193395)
Question

If I have a annual confirmation increment in Dec 2021 as i join in Dec 2020
Will I be able to get a merit increment in Apr 2022?

The Apr 2022 will be pro-rated or will be full since I worked from Apr 2021 - Apr 2022?

Annual increment was 4% on Dec 2021

will be full

Unregistered 12-12-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193395)
Question

If I have a annual confirmation increment in Dec 2021 as i join in Dec 2020
Will I be able to get a merit increment in Apr 2022?

The Apr 2022 will be pro-rated or will be full since I worked from Apr 2021 - Apr 2022?

Annual increment was 4% on Dec 2021

you can check with your HR

Unregistered 15-12-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192839)
If you didnt request for posting, then suddenly boss mention that you will be posted to other place then he mention that its for you to take up a higher job grade, means what ah?

In America, they call this the "dance of the lemons" or "passing the trash". It is a mechanism to redeploy ineffective staff in the hopes that another role is a better fit for them. It is way easier to redeploy than just fire you.

Either way, it's bad news for you. You don't magically get redeploy without someone triggering it. So it is safe to say you are not wanted. If it is indeed the "dance of the lemons", you are THE WORST performing employee in your organization. Your bonus is not going to be great and the new place you are going to will already have a bad impression of you.

Unregistered 15-12-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193835)
In America, they call this the "dance of the lemons" or "passing the trash". It is a mechanism to redeploy ineffective staff in the hopes that another role is a better fit for them. It is way easier to redeploy than just fire you.

Either way, it's bad news for you. You don't magically get redeploy without someone triggering it. So it is safe to say you are not wanted. If it is indeed the "dance of the lemons", you are THE WORST performing employee in your organization. Your bonus is not going to be great and the new place you are going to will already have a bad impression of you.

But it's for a higher job grade, aka promotion. So he should keep up the bad work. :o

Unregistered 15-12-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193836)
But it's for a higher job grade, aka promotion. So he should keep up the bad work. :o

Actually, what does higher job grade mean? Promote to a higher grade, it is a promotion. Asking you to leave and work at a "higher job grade" without increase in pay, then it is just an excuse. They just want you to leave. The OP who post this will know which is which. Since they did not even ask him and just inform him he is posted out, my money is that they are getting rid of him. People who are being groomed normally knows about their redeployment more than 6 mths in advance.

Unregistered 21-12-2021 01:23 PM

first year in service's PB will be on anniversary date or the normal date and pro-rated?

Unregistered 21-12-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194481)
first year in service's PB will be on anniversary date or the normal date and pro-rated?

normal pro-rated from jan-dec of prev year

Unregistered 22-12-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194484)
normal pro-rated from jan-dec of prev year

yes pb for 2022 will be calc based on work from 1-31 Dec 2021

Unregistered 26-12-2021 04:28 AM

anyone knows if i resigned in Jan 2022, would i still get my performance bonus for 2021?

Unregistered 26-12-2021 09:16 AM

If you resign, your last day must be 31 Jan or after that then can still get.. means u can tender on 1 Jan if your notice is 1 mth

Unregistered 26-12-2021 09:17 AM

PspsÖ PB then is 30 Apr

Unregistered 26-12-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195128)
PspsÖ PB then is 30 Apr

So means my last day must be on 30 Apr if I wanna get my pb?

Unregistered 26-12-2021 12:58 PM

PB payout is around end March. If you are leaving, safest is to tender after 1 April, thereafter serve 1 month notice.

Unregistered 26-12-2021 11:10 PM

if my PB payout is on 20 March 2022. When is the earliest to tender so that i can get my PB?

1. tender after 20 March 2022?

OR

2. tender on 22 Feb 2022 and last day on 21 March 2022??

Unregistered 27-12-2021 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195210)
if my PB payout is on 20 March 2022. When is the earliest to tender so that i can get my PB?

1. tender after 20 March 2022?

OR

2. tender on 22 Feb 2022 and last day on 21 March 2022??

Last day of service needs to be after April 30, so earliest to tender is April 1.

Unregistered 27-12-2021 11:31 PM

You should know your grade during appraisal discussion with your RO. If you are satisfied with the given grade, stay until 1 April then tender loh. On the other hand, if you have been offered other jobs that promises better career prospect & higher salary, donít bother to wait until PB payout. Weigh the pros and cons yourself.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 07:17 PM

SC+ only 1.5 months bonus?

damn sian dunno why i volunteer do so much just for 1.5 months

Unregistered 29-12-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195668)
SC+ only 1.5 months bonus?

damn sian dunno why i volunteer do so much just for 1.5 months

Your RO didnít tell you?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195668)
SC+ only 1.5 months bonus?

damn sian dunno why i volunteer do so much just for 1.5 months

its not about how much you do bro 😎

Unregistered 30-12-2021 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195668)
SC+ only 1.5 months bonus?

damn sian dunno why i volunteer do so much just for 1.5 months

Hope you learn that itís not how much work you do but how visible that work is.

Try harder next year.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2