Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160495)
money get liao can take back meh

they can always claw back by offsetting against your income for the last month

Unregistered 22-03-2021 06:12 PM

Can send letter of demand also.

That time reservist , they overpay me
Money alr in bank account.
I ignore, then next month letter of demand come, and threaten legal action from mindef

Unregistered 22-03-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160407)
Why not?
If you resign and join another job.. It's the same thing over again what?
First you have to prove yourself the first 3 months probation.
Then you need to work extra hard for the first year to see the appraisal bonus how...

Then if bad.. You wasted another year...
Or if bad... You are let go.

Civil service bad or good. You still have a job to wake up to and slack..

Its all about the mindset. People cannot let go a job due to fear of the unknown.
Learning how to let go is important also.

Unregistered 22-03-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160361)
coz her RO or immediate superior didn't put up for her.

There is no auto promotion unless you bring up or RO put up

Performance and potential is two separate entity, ranked separately. Someone who perform well does not mean she has the potential to hold higher appointment.

Unregistered 22-03-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160506)
Performance and potential is two separate entity, ranked separately. Someone who perform well does not mean she has the potential to hold higher appointment.

that is one of the hardest thing to break to a staff

Unregistered 22-03-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160391)
May I check wad is the PB quantum for LTA LTE grade 10 with score 5?

should be able 3.8 plus minus

Unregistered 22-03-2021 10:09 PM

How about LTA LTE 10 score 4?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160529)
should be able 3.8 plus
minus

Unregistered 22-03-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160437)
Your analogy wrong sia.civil service pay is pegged to private sector.

Aka if private sector now start to give 5 months bonus. Civil service will also...

So civil service is really like government bond low risk but with return that tries to match the index fund

LOL what a joke. How many ppl still assume this is true? If you are really a CS, then you would know better.. We are not called Civil SERVANTS for nothing. The whole nation thinks we are SERVANTS, including some trolls here. How high can “servants” pay get? Most of us took a pay cut to join public service and WLB is non-existent for most of us. If our basic pay cannot even meet the private sector bar, let’s not talk about bonus. At the end of the day, CS jobs only boils down to our passion to serve.

Sigh, the kinda abuse from some of the trolls here in this forum really makes me speechless. If you are CS, sincere thanks for your selfless service to the nation. Its tough we all know but thanks for hanging in there. Anyone who is hiding behind the monitor with a biased imagination and only has bad things to say, I suggest you join public service first and see things first hand before you make a complete fool of yourself here.

Unregistered 22-03-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160520)
that is one of the hardest thing to break to a staff

Well it's the reality. We all have to come to terms with it at some point in life.

Unregistered 22-03-2021 11:35 PM

MX10 C+ 2.76 months PB quantum.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:40 AM

Does anyone know what is LTA LTE Grade 6 default performance grade and quantum? Joined after cut off date so no ranking

Unregistered 23-03-2021 07:46 AM

Junior regular in saf here, got B for grading. Receiving 1.9 month PB

Is 1.9 consider low? Saw people posting getting B but 2 months plus pb

Thanks!

Unregistered 23-03-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160573)

Thanks!

Good lo. So many private sector doesn't even have bonus this year and salary freeze.
While the Singapore government keep giving merit increment and bonuses out to civil servant using tax payers money.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160576)
Good lo. So many private sector doesn't even have bonus this year and salary freeze.
While the Singapore government keep giving merit increment and bonuses out to civil servant using tax payers money.

So now it's a case of, "when I can't eat the cake, I don't expect anyone else to eat it; when I'm eating my cake, I will talk you down and make you feel like you don't deserve to eat the cake."

Never have I heard anyone saying "Private sector paying so well now, I think CS should also up their game and increase bonus/salary".

Unregistered 23-03-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160586)
So now it's a case of, "when I can't eat the cake, I don't expect anyone else to eat it; when I'm eating my cake, I will talk you down and make you feel like you don't deserve to eat the cake."

Never have I heard anyone saying "Private sector paying so well now, I think CS should also up their game and increase bonus/salary".

Totally agree with your comment.
When times are good, private sector smiling to the bank.
When times are bad, they say so much about Civil Servant.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160587)
Totally agree with your comment.
When times are good, private sector smiling to the bank.
When times are bad, they say so much about Civil Servant.

When time are good, private and public sector smiling to the bank.
When time are bad, private recession and public sector complain not getting enough bonus.

Enuff said.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160573)

Thanks!

Because you're a junior regular. The lower the job grade, the lower the quantum of PB. Hence an LTC getting a B will get a higher quantum of PB compared to an LTA getting a B.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160589)
When time are bad, private recession and public sector complain not getting enough bonus.

Enuff said.

You might want to consider the amount of bonuses the private sector received when times are good compare to the public sector.
And should also consider the basic salary too.
If anyone feel CS is iron rice bowl or shake leg and earn huge wages, your are free to join. No point critising just to vent your jealousy when you do not know the other side.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 11:38 AM

they come here and make noise because they are salty. Other people get their bonus, you don't have then scold them for?

Unregistered 23-03-2021 11:43 AM

There's nothing noble about being a civil servant in Singapore.
Just think about money and promotion.

I strongly believe civil servant are more money minded because they feel trapped.
And don't dare to come out into private sector.

Private sector. Not happy. Resign. Find another job with higher pay.
Civil servant. Don't want to resign cause lose out.. All those years.. Add up promotion bonus etc.

So just one long marathon. Out lasting each other. Complaining who got promoted. Who doesn't.
Scholar vs farmer bla bla.

Anything but themselves.

Really sad.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160618)

I strongly believe civil servant are more money minded because they feel trapped.

Civil servant. Don't want to resign cause lose out.. All those years.. Add up promotion bonus etc.

So just one long marathon. Out lasting each other. Complaining who got promoted. Who doesn't.

Anything but themselves.

Really sad.

This is your assumption.
Did you do survey on Civil Servants?
How do you justify that CS are more money minded?
And you are not money minded?
Then you should ask for a lesser salary from you boss since you dont care about your salary.
People have different behaviours and goals in life.
No need to say CS or not CS.
Those in private sector also have people that willing to scoop low just to maintain their high salary.
Afraid to offend bosses so that they wont lose their jobs.
The yes men also exist in the private sector.
So dont just aim at CS.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160589)

Enuff said.

Not enough said. You need to elaborate more and don't just say anyhow. Simple and short minded you.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160618)

Anything but themselves.

Really sad.

U are welcomed to join us and be a civil servant too if u think nobility is even a thing in public service. Just look at the way people like you treat us. U think nobility exist? FYI, civil servants are also tax payers too.

Oh and good pay good bonus? If u think civil servants have so many benefits, then u join us loh. For my field, its known that we are underpaid by 20-30% compared to industry. So for the record, returning to the private sector is the easy way out. We will look forward to u joining us and experience what its truly like to be a civil servant.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160620)
This is your assumption.
Did you do survey on Civil Servants?
How do you justify that CS are more money minded?
And you are not money minded?
Then you should ask for a lesser salary from you boss since you dont care about your salary.
People have different behaviours and goals in life.
No need to say CS or not CS.
Those in private sector also have people that willing to scoop low just to maintain their high salary.
Afraid to offend bosses so that they wont lose their jobs.
The yes men also exist in the private sector.
So dont just aim at CS.

Just look at the number of replies in the thread.
Apart from the sum uol cyber bullying... This and the MOE teacher have the most replies.
And therefore proves my point that civil servant care more about money and promotion

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160621)
Not enough said. You need to elaborate more and don't just say anyhow. Simple and short minded you.

Give me the figure of how many civil servant is retrenched during covid-19?

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160629)
Apart from the sum uol cyber bullying... This and the MOE teacher have the most replies.
And therefore proves my point that civil servant care more about money and promotion

How does it prove your claim? Please elaborate to justify your claims.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160630)

I am sure you are not aware that some agencies are required to right sizing thus some redundancy are being laid off.
CS is just like you. Earning a honest living for family. Dont understand why you dislike CS so much.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160629)

This forum CLEARLY states Performance BONUS. Discussion about BONUS. You expect people to discuss about their hobbies? real goondu......

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

U are probably not aware how much harder civil servants had to worked during the pandemic to tide the country through this difficult period. People from the private sectors who lost their jobs were also roped in to help to cope with the workload. Just think about the extra healthcare workers, contact tracers and social distancing officers hired.. and also think about the work behind the scenes to set up healthcare systems to deal w covid19, offer re-employment support to people who lost their jobs, source for medical resources, and even daily supplies when our routine supplies got affected. Thats only the tip of the iceberg. And you are asking for the figure of civil servants who got retrenched during covid 19 amidst all these? Maybe read more news, dude.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Were you retrenched? Perhaps try and upgrade your skillset and knowledge to be relevant to the current industry. There are alot of skillsfuture courses available that might help you. Understand that this would probably be a very difficult period for you and you might have alot of unhappiness with no one to talk to. There are also helplines available, if you need to talk to someone. Sincerely wish you good luck!

Unregistered 23-03-2021 01:57 PM

got C, PB is around 2.2 months

Unregistered 23-03-2021 06:27 PM

c 1.75 mth here

Unregistered 23-03-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160772)
c 1.75 mth here

B- at 2.63mth.

Unregistered 23-03-2021 07:10 PM

Thanks everyone for sharing. Getting excited here waiting for 26 march. I think my place is very late compared to you guys

Unregistered 23-03-2021 08:56 PM

C 1.9mthPB

Unregistered 23-03-2021 09:07 PM

mx11a B+ 3.8
think there is a 5% cut

Unregistered 23-03-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160841)
mx11a B+ 3.8
think there is a 5% cut

B+ already 3.8? Wow

Unregistered 23-03-2021 10:06 PM

C+.... 1.8 :(

Unregistered 23-03-2021 10:09 PM

C 2.35

10 char

Unregistered 23-03-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160576)

Lol then come and join government service lor