Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

jrbearus 13-03-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159072)
Wanted to ask if anyone know what is the difference if your given cep is a low 9 as opposed to a high 9 since both ceps are 9?

Generally there are three levels 9F, 9G and 9H (lowest). It is now benchmarked against available superscale posts. For CEP of H, it is like an entry grade and chance of you being dropped from superscale CEP is higher at this point. Practically this group is often dropped to CEP 10. For scholarship and etc (other benefits), they will often look at those with CEP F too.

The real challenge is you will often not know your CEP, unless your boss divulge to you.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 03:49 PM

Don't digress. Give examples. Otherwise, it is just fake news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159085)
continue to stay in your well.

jrbearus 13-03-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159081)
actually still alot of agencies praticing printed hard copies for promotees.
this is because HR systems will release all eletters at the same day but directors will personally meet each promotees, congrates and pass them the hardcopy letter before hand

if the agencies you are at dont have this practice, so be it, does not means what other people share is fake
and could also because you had NEVER promote before. haha

This approach still exists but is slowly being phased off, as I mentioned in a post above. In any case, the focus here is on PB and not promotion.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 05:07 PM

I’m from a statboard and there is PB letter. Our boss will meet us for a small take to receive the letter. Some people here r just weird, your Ministry or Statboard don’t have doesn’t mean it’s the same across. Really facepalm. This year haven’t receive any invitation for the PB small talk by boss yet.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

this is because HR systems will release all eletters at the same day but directors will personally meet each promotees, congrates and pass them the hardcopy letter before hand

if the agencies you are at dont have this practice, so be it, does not means what other people share is fake

My current and previous ministry that I work in still practice this. Director will meet staffs to inform about their PB grading and if you come out of the director office with a letter on hand mean you’re one of the promotees. 😀 No letter given for PB, only promotion.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 05:20 PM

So which Stat Board?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159099)
I’m from a statboard and there is PB letter. Our boss will meet us for a small take to receive the letter. Some people here r just weird, your Ministry or Statboard don’t have doesn’t mean it’s the same across. Really facepalm. This year haven’t receive any invitation for the PB small talk by boss yet.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 159093)
This approach still exists but is slowly being phased off, as I mentioned in a post above. In any case, the focus here is on PB and not promotion.

yes, this is true. only for promotion. PB only usually dont have hard copies.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 159089)
Generally there are three levels 9F, 9G and 9H (lowest). It is now benchmarked against available superscale posts. For CEP of H, it is like an entry grade and chance of you being dropped from superscale CEP is higher at this point. Practically this group is often dropped to CEP 10. For scholarship and etc (other benefits), they will often look at those with CEP F too.

The real challenge is you will often not know your CEP, unless your boss divulge to you.

What is the time norm to get promoted in between each superscale grades ?

Unregistered 13-03-2021 07:38 PM

Yup, u are correct. Since when do HODs sign on PB hardcopies.

Trollers those people are.

Truth has prevail. Just ask them to name and they are cornered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159104)
yes, this is true. only for promotion. PB only usually dont have hard copies.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 07:41 PM

People are talking about PB on hardcopy, not promotion letter lah. Can u read properly or not. Haha

Quote:

jrbearus 13-03-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159107)
What is the time norm to get promoted in between each superscale grades ?

I do not know the time norm for the various grades (9, 8, 7....). I know bosses who have been on 9 for almost 20 years.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159016)
my friend from one of the SB receive their PB letter. accordingly to him, no cut.
but not sure is it same across all SB and Min

er. so many posts because this. my bad. i mean he had received his eletter.
anyway, he is from MPA. if that helps.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 09:06 PM

Hmm, that's odd. I didn't receive any letter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159114)
er. so many posts because this. my bad. i mean he had received his eletter.
anyway, he is from MPA. if that helps.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159101)
So which Stat Board?

I transferred from CPF to NParks recently. CPF doesn’t hand out PB letter but NParks does. Wonder how r u even in public service when your mindset is so narrow. Better off being a frog in the well.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 10:49 PM

Don't sprout nonsense please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159117)
I transferred from CPF to NParks recently. CPF doesn’t hand out PB letter but NParks does. Wonder how r u even in public service when your mindset is so narrow. Better off being a frog in the well.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159115)
Hmm, that's odd. I didn't receive any letter.

u are also from mpa? anyway, no reason for my friend to troll me.
btw, i m from other SB, still waiting for news like most of us here

Unregistered 13-03-2021 11:13 PM

Zhun bo? CPF and NParks are on different schemes. How to transfer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159117)
I transferred from CPF to NParks

recently. CPF doesn’t hand out PB letter but NParks does. Wonder how r u even in public service when your mindset is so narrow. Better off being a frog in the well.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159123)

Cpf i farm ppl life savings
Npark i farm the land

Both farmers
Skillset same
Why cannot transfer???

Unregistered 13-03-2021 11:46 PM

Lol, posts still arguing on a letter. Who right who wrong? Does it matter? Don't even know who is who here.

We all know info here can be real can be fake. We also know also as govt officers we need to be careful of what we say, especially information that may be confidential. And people working on govt maybe extra careful, even naming agency may also be uncomfortable worrying people can guess. So what do you expect?

Internet and the world has always been like this. You can't control or change. End of day, what may be true to 1 may not be true to another. And the only fact is that at this time, most likely our fate is sealed and the results will be out very soon, in less than 2-3 weeks or even less for some.

Hence, good luck to everyone!

Unregistered 14-03-2021 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159126)
Lol, posts still arguing on a letter. Who right who wrong? Does it matter? Don't even know who is who here.

We all know info here can be real can be fake. We also know also as govt officers we need to be careful of what we say, especially information that may be confidential. And people working on govt maybe extra careful, even naming agency may also be uncomfortable worrying people can guess. So what do you expect?

Internet and the world has always been like this. You can't control or change. End of day, what may be true to 1 may not be true to another. And the only fact is that at this time, most likely our fate is sealed and the results will be out very soon, in less than 2-3 weeks or even less for some.

Hence, good luck to everyone!

haha. ya. 2 more weeks everyone will know

Unregistered 14-03-2021 02:05 AM

For ministry, when is the promotion list being finalized..
Every Dec ?

jrbearus 14-03-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

It is possible to transfer between different agencies within the government. The policy no longer requires one to resign to join another. One will have to weigh the options when looking into transfer or joining as a new recruit. This will depends on the remuneration packages and benefits.

jrbearus 14-03-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159136)
For ministry, when is the promotion list being finalized..
Every Dec ?

Around January or so.

Unregistered 14-03-2021 08:38 AM

We will wait until end of march. If it turns out there is a big pb cut, those who say got no cut or just 5%, must write back here and apologise to everyone.

Unregistered 14-03-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

yeah. got 2 types of transfer,
1. is initiate by top for you to move (abit like subcon) or for senior ppl to "tour"
2. is just like changing job. you see a job u like, u go interview. after pass, hr will ask u want to transfer or quit and join

transfer usually means lesser increment and likely match pay grade
but keep years of service, and can get your outstanding bonuses even after u left, and keep perm staff (if you are already converted to perm)

Unregistered 14-03-2021 11:46 AM

oic. How come u left NParks? Thought it is a good place to be at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159147)
yeah. got 2 types of transfer,
1. is initiate by top for you to move (abit like subcon) or for senior ppl to "tour"
2. is just like changing job. you see a job u like, u go interview. after pass, hr will ask u want to transfer or quit and join

transfer usually means lesser increment and likely match pay grade
but keep years of service, and can get your outstanding bonuses even after u left, and keep perm staff (if you are already converted to perm)

Unregistered 14-03-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159151)
oic. How come u left NParks? Thought it is a good place to be at.

i am not the previous poster.
i left govtech to join LTA 2 years ago.

opted for transfer, whole process from after i accepted the offer to "tender" to LTA took about 3 months.
stay in the equivalent pay grade with slight increase in overall package. (but monthly pay drop as GT combine quite abit of bonuses component into the base)

Unregistered 14-03-2021 07:44 PM

Hi everyone. Anyone has a valid info about march pb? No speculation and assumption please.

Unregistered 14-03-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159178)
Hi everyone. Anyone has a valid info about march pb? No speculation and assumption please.

mid march onwards

Unregistered 14-03-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

What info are u looking for?
So far eletter only comes out on 31 march (for my side)
But my RO personally inform my grade already.
Last time pac@gov got loophole. Can check the CV which include salary to see how much increment. Now i think they settled that.
But pb should not cut.
But i also heard alot of rumors abt it. We shall see on 31 Mar
I'm not too excited though. More anxious about increment.

Unregistered 14-03-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Can check on pac@gov from 20 Mar

Unregistered 14-03-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159187)
What info are u looking for?
So far eletter only comes out on 31 march (for my side)
But my RO personally inform my grade already.
Last time pac@gov got loophole. Can check the CV which include salary to see how much increment. Now i think they settled that.
But pb should not cut.
But i also heard alot of rumors abt it. We shall see on 31 Mar
I'm not too excited though. More anxious about increment.

for my side (if no promotion), all eletters will be out between 28 to 30 march, payout on 31 march.
should know our grade irregardless of promoting or not by this coming week.

but same as u, i am more anxious about increment. bonus heard no cut, but am prepared to have abit of cut.

Unregistered 15-03-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159190)
for my side (if no promotion), all eletters will be out between 28 to 30 march, payout on 31 march.
should know our grade irregardless of promoting or not by this coming week.

but same as u, i am more anxious about increment. bonus heard no cut, but am prepared to have abit of cut.

You working for which govt? As far as concerned, the PB payout usually is between 22 to 24, last year payout was on 26 of March.

Been working for more than a decade long, non of the payout end of the month. Applies to ministries and statutory boards.

The e letter you mentioned should be able to see probably this Friday.

Unregistered 15-03-2021 11:30 AM

Receive banding today. No info on PB and increment yet.

Unregistered 15-03-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159206)
You working for which govt? As far as concerned, the PB payout usually is between 22 to 24, last year payout was on 26 of March.

Been working for more than a decade long, non of the payout end of the month. Applies to ministries and statutory boards.

The e letter you mentioned should be able to see probably this Friday.

i am from LTA.
For the past 2 years, 31 march is the payout day for bonuses.

i dont think all SBs are standardised.

Unregistered 15-03-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159213)
i am from LTA.
For the past 2 years, 31 march is the payout day for bonuses.

i dont think all SBs are standardised.

How much is the bonus the past 2 years?

Unregistered 15-03-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159211)
Receive banding today. No info on PB and increment yet.

Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it.

Unregistered 15-03-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159217)
How much is the bonus the past 2 years?

How do the MI work, he much percent ..
C+ and B grading will get hw much % of gross pay ? Thks in advance..

Unregistered 15-03-2021 02:02 PM

A will get 3.3x salary, based on my experience.

Unregistered 15-03-2021 02:55 PM

Form IR8E is out. Can see ur 2021 income details. Can calculate your bonus from there liao