Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 17-03-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeboy (Post 22455)
What does 1.5000 months PERFORMANCE BONUS (PB) mean when translate into grade for Mx 13?
Division I

C grade, it shd be stated.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 01:37 AM

I got 1.5 mths too. C grade MX 12

Unregistered 17-03-2012 04:01 AM

Special Variable Bonus?

Seems like there isn't Special Variable Payment component this year?

Or will that come at a later date?

Unregistered 17-03-2012 04:11 AM

Dun expect growth bonus this yr. Singapore is not doing exactly very well....just abv average. People out of civil service...maybe excluding a few sectors like bankings, are not doing very well

elcs78 17-03-2012 09:07 AM

I am MX12 and has joined service on 2 Nov 2009 (got MX12 after 1 yr). Got C+ for last yr and finally a B. May I ask will the grading affect the MI?what is the estimated range for B grader?Thanks.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22465)
Dun expect growth bonus this yr. Singapore is not doing exactly very well....just abv average. People out of civil service...maybe excluding a few sectors like bankings, are not doing very well

Actually kind of knew it will not happen. Just quite a bummer though.
Thanks for confirming!

Unregistered 17-03-2012 10:56 AM

all ntilund

anyone who was mx12 with c grading, how much MI in % did you receive in april/june?

Bean 17-03-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elcs78 (Post 22467)
I am MX12 and has joined service on 2 Nov 2009 (got MX12 after 1 yr). Got C+ for last yr and finally a B. May I ask will the grading affect the MI?what is the estimated range for B grader?Thanks.

"B" for MX12 getting 2.5 months PB??

elcs78 17-03-2012 02:57 PM

Yes.2.5 mths.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 03:38 PM

MX11, C+ = 2.5months

Unregistered 17-03-2012 04:56 PM

Hi hi,

Anyone working as teachers here? How do you check on the PB grade you are awarded?

I cna only see the amt I rec in PAC@GOV but no grade.....

Unregistered 17-03-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22499)
Hi hi,

Anyone working as teachers here? How do you check on the PB grade you are awarded?

I cna only see the amt I rec in PAC@GOV but no grade.....

It is written tgt w the performance bonus letter in pac@gov.

Are you first year BT?

Or in job for not so long, like half of 2011?

If yes, some schools dont grade BT, amount is ard 1 mth. Last yr was 0.9 for BTs.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22501)
It is written tgt w the performance bonus letter in pac@gov.

Are you first year BT?

Or in job for not so long, like half of 2011?

If yes, some schools dont grade BT, amount is ard 1 mth. Last yr was 0.9 for BTs.

HI!

Thanks for the reply

I check the pay slip that indicate the amt of PB i am going to get, No indication of the grade. ANy pointers on this?

Yes, I joined the school since July last year, a BT. Did the EPMS for 2nd half of the year only and my PB is around 0.88 mth. I am concerned as it seems by inferring from the PB amt, my grade seems low....

Unregistered 17-03-2012 10:07 PM

0.88 too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22502)
HI!

Thanks for the reply

I check the pay slip that indicate the amt of PB i am going to get, No indication of the grade. ANy pointers on this?

Yes, I joined the school since July last year, a BT. Did the EPMS for 2nd half of the year only and my PB is around 0.88 mth. I am concerned as it seems by inferring from the PB amt, my grade seems low....

Hi,unregistered too,

I am exactly the same as you, BT, grad last july and posted to school in july. funny thing is in 2011 Mar when i was in NIE, the pb quantum is 1.0, more than being a BT!

Unregistered 17-03-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22502)
HI!

Thanks for the reply

Don't worry. That means your school chose not to grade BTs.

0.88 means you're not graded. Cos some schools feel tt half a year might derive an unfair grade and thus instead of grading, they just give the national recommended amount.

And this doesn't mean tt u r not good, just tt u r not graded for 2011 and thus no grade reflected.

Last year was 0.921 I heard. So prove yourself for 2012, because u will definitely be graded this year!

Unregistered 17-03-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22503)
Hi,unregistered too,

I am exactly the same as you, BT, grad last july and posted to school in july. funny thing is in 2011 Mar when i was in NIE, the pb quantum is 1.0, more than being a BT!

Hi there,

Just FYI, what you got in 2011 March is not Performance Bonus, but Special Variable Payment (Growth Bonus) which government gave out in good times of economy. It was given together with Performance Bonus in March 2011, which is why you would have mistaken that to be PB.

There were two levels/tiers of SVP if you read this thread, 1 month and 1.6 months, 1.6 months is for those graded B and above (good performers).

I hope you're not mistaken to think that without any quantifiable performance, an officer undergoing training in NIE would qualify for 1 month of performance bonus.

In 2012, however, there is no growth bonus yet or in fact, probability of growth bonus is low. So in your performance bonus slip this year, you will only see "Performance Bonus" and not "Special Variable Payment".

Unregistered 18-03-2012 03:49 PM

If I don't receive PB in my mar payslip, does that mean I'll receive it later in the month or in Apr? I joined a stat board last Apr, and am new with this. For some reason, my colleagues are not very forthcoming with such info which totally frustrates me. It's not as if I'm asking how much bonus they are getting... zzzz

Unregistered 18-03-2012 04:00 PM

they will pay separately. i'm in a statboard and HR sent a note that the PB will be credited this fri :)

Unregistered 19-03-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22537)
they will pay separately. i'm in a statboard and HR sent a note that the PB will be credited this fri :)

But last yr if i'm not wrong they ll inform u if there is any Growth bonus or not together wif PB right eventhough e payout was on a different date.
Tis yr seems no news
Correct me if i'm wrong

Unregistered 19-03-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22569)
But last yr if i'm not wrong they ll inform u if there is any Growth bonus or not together wif PB right eventhough e payout was on a different date.
Tis yr seems no news
Correct me if i'm wrong

i thought it's been announced that there'll be ZERO growth bonus this yr

Unregistered 19-03-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22590)
i thought it's been announced that there'll be ZERO growth bonus this yr

Hmm i ve not heard yet but seems like u r right or else announcement should be out already

Unregistered 19-03-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22595)
Hmm i ve not heard yet but seems like u r right or else announcement should be out already

Year-end bonus for civil servants - Channel NewsAsia

managed to find an article

Unregistered 20-03-2012 11:58 PM

Am a new lecturer on ax5 grade c first time .. any idea what's the pb. Thanks in advance

Unregistered 21-03-2012 11:56 AM

AX? you from the poly/ite?

Unregistered 21-03-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22647)
AX? you from the poly/ite?

yes academic grade. any ideas from the laojiao here on similar scales for acad scale, don't wanna be too nosy to my colleages about dis, so wondering C grader (ya, not so good, i know) will get how much PB. thks, ... :)

Unregistered 22-03-2012 10:06 AM

I'm at a poly. I just received the PB letter; 2.5 months. Is this good? However, I do not know my performance rating. Is this normal? Am I supposed to know my rating?

If there's no mention of increment in this letter, does that mean I don't get any increment this year? OR is it announced at another time?

Thanks in advance for your advice and contributions.

Unregistered 22-03-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22693)
I'm at a poly. I just received the PB letter; 2.5 months. Is this good? However, I do not know my performance rating. Is this normal? Am I supposed to know my rating?

If there's no mention of increment in this letter, does that mean I don't get any increment this year? OR is it announced at another time?

2.5 look like ok lei, i think c+ or b liau. lucky u, i got c only. your boss supposed to show u ur perf rating after the perf appraisal, u never sign any form meh? or ur boss go holiday never do his job. i still waiting my letter lei. hopefully c can get 1.5 months.

Bean 22-03-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

2.5 mth i suppose is B grader.

by the way, do poly people also get the june (0.5mth +200) and the dec(1.0 AWS +0.75 mth) too??beside the PB???

Unregistered 22-03-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 22705)
2.5 mth i suppose is B grader.

by the way, do poly people also get the june (0.5mth +200) and the dec(1.0 AWS +0.75 mth) too??beside the PB???

yes got. not bad lar hor.

Unregistered 22-03-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22704)
2.5 look like ok lei, i think c+ or b liau. lucky u, i got c only. your boss supposed to show u ur perf rating after the perf appraisal, u never sign any form meh? or ur boss go holiday never do his job. i still waiting my letter lei. hopefully c can get 1.5 months.

Boss is around, but have yet gone through my appraisal leh... So no form to sign...

Unregistered 24-03-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

wah! Which line u from? so goooood pb :)

Unregistered 24-03-2012 01:07 AM

just curious..what are you working as in the poly? lecturer? or?

Unregistered 24-03-2012 10:06 PM

hey guys,

the thread seems to discuss alot on degree graduate pb... what abt poly grads' pb?
any comments? :)

Actually, to my surprise the pb is higher for degree grads than to the poly grads...
so it means not only is the salary that is higher for degree BUT also in terms of PB... such big gaps?

Unregistered 25-03-2012 12:13 AM

which ministries have + or - grades?
how long does it take for mx12 to promote to mx11 in general?

Unregistered 25-03-2012 01:03 AM

This has all along been so.. That's why if you are just a poly diploma holder.. You're better earning your living in the private sector... Graduate officers get the most of the meat.. The poly graduate only get the crumbs... Sad but this is typically how the civil service work..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22828)
hey guys,

the thread seems to discuss alot on degree graduate pb... what abt poly grads' pb?

Actually, to my surprise the pb is higher for degree grads than to the poly grads...
so it means not only is the salary that is higher for degree BUT also in terms of PB... such big gaps?

Unregistered 25-03-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22834)
This has all along been so.. That's why if you are just a poly diploma holder.. You're better earning your living in the private sector... Graduate officers get the most of the meat.. The poly graduate only get the crumbs... Sad but this is typically how the civil service work..

actually thought it will be the same throughout different level, just like all other bonus (mid-bonus cum year of end bounus)... e.g. if 2 months all 2 months

Bean 25-03-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22828)
hey guys,

from wat i had seen on the PB

MSO or poly guy VS degree on MX scheme

MX scheme grade C = base is 1.5 mth
MX scheme grade B = ~2.5
MX scheme grade A = ~3.25 or more

MSO scheme grade C = base is 0.5 or 1.0
MSO scheme grade B = ~1.0-1.5
MSO scheme grade A = ~maybe 2.0-2.5 mth or more

Bean 25-03-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22830)
which ministries have + or - grades?
how long does it take for mx12 to promote to mx11 in general?

fast one from MX13 to MX11 is 4 years for farmer(non-scholar)

elcs78 25-03-2012 09:09 AM

Saw b4 2yrs plus.They must be very good.

Unregistered 25-03-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22797)
wah! Which line u from? so goooood pb :)

Am a lecturer at a poly...