Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 14-11-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149173)
AVS needs to be zero
Civil servants cannot be seen as uncaring to the masses
I bet avs will be zero.

it is written in the circular that 13th month is not categorized under bonus...you need to understand that both mid year AVC and end year AVC budget are from PSD. when MTI announce that the economy is bad, PSD will have to re-calculate to see if the whole of civil service deserve to get mid year and end year AVC; clearly they evaluated that we shouldn't get for mid year. Whereas for 13th month, the budget is not under PSD so its up to individual ministry.

for the primary school teacher, i doubt he is under super scale grade. only principal in schools are under the super scale grade and they definitely wont be surfing the forum like he does.

Unregistered 15-11-2020 12:24 AM

How about VPs and HODs in schools? Can they be superscale too?

Or specialist teachers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149175)
it is written in the circular that 13th month is not categorized under bonus...you need to understand that both mid year AVC and end year AVC budget are from PSD. when MTI announce that the economy is bad, PSD will have to re-calculate to see if the whole of civil service deserve to get mid year and end year AVC; clearly they evaluated that we shouldn't get for mid year. Whereas for 13th month, the budget is not under PSD so its up to individual ministry.

for the primary school teacher, i doubt he is under super scale grade. only principal in schools are under the super scale grade and they definitely wont be surfing the forum like he does.


Unregistered 15-11-2020 10:02 AM

Actually this poster was convincing. Until this post. haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 149140)
[s://.psd.gov.sg/press-room/press-releases/civil-service-mid-year-payments-2020#:~:text=No%20mid%2Dyear%20payment%20for,recei ve%20any%20mid%2Dyear%20AVC[/.

Err there was though.. At least I got a cut. Didn't you read the news? It's good that it didn't apply to everyone, but some of us got it.. thankfully it was just 1 month


Unregistered 15-11-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149175)
it is written in the circular that 13th month is not categorized under bonus...you need to understand that both mid year AVC and end year AVC budget are from PSD. when MTI announce that the economy is bad, PSD will have to re-calculate to see if the whole of civil service deserve to get mid year and end year AVC; clearly they evaluated that we shouldn't get for mid year. Whereas for 13th month, the budget is not under PSD so its up to individual ministry.

for the primary school teacher, i doubt he is under super scale grade. only principal in schools are under the super scale grade and they definitely wont be surfing the forum like he does.

I think the person is referring to not getting AVC rather than 13th month since 13 month is the norm and AVC is the bonus on top of that. Eh sekali the pri sch teacher is some actual principal on superscale LOL

Unregistered 15-11-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149198)
Actually this poster was convincing. Until this post. haha.

Ya cos I came across his posts last time on some teacher stuff the person seems to know a lot leh. Do you think it's a teacher trolling or someone faking to be a teacher or an actual superscale faking to be teacher?

Unregistered 15-11-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149201)
Ya cos I came across his posts last time on some teacher stuff the person seems to know a lot leh. Do you think it's a teacher trolling or someone faking to be a teacher or an actual superscale faking to be teacher?

Wa complicated this one. Let's just wait until the person reply la

Unregistered 15-11-2020 12:09 PM

I think maybe no AVS but a time off payment to civil servant for working hard through the pendemic

Unregistered 15-11-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149212)
I think maybe no AVS but a time off payment to civil servant for working hard through the pendemic

You mean don't even have 13th month? If like that, it will be very sad...

Unregistered 15-11-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149218)
You mean don't even have 13th month? If like that, it will be very sad...

Confirm have 13th month one. 13th month is not under AVC, it's under Non-Pensionable Annual Allowance (NPAA). It's the AVC that has been 0/0.1 for the past few rounds

Unregistered 15-11-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149218)
You mean don't even have 13th month? If like that, it will be very sad...

given that some SB does not have 13 mth, it would be funny for others with 13 mth to cut to 0 as it will be seen as “unfair”

Unregistered 15-11-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149220)
given that some SB does not have 13 mth, it would be funny for others with 13 mth to cut to 0 as it will be seen as “unfair”

Cos for those SB employees, it is in their contract clause liao. Meaning its as if like their 13th month is split into 12 portions and already added to their monthly pay, hence higher pay in SB. As compared to the other Civil service with the 13th month

Unregistered 15-11-2020 10:23 PM

Is it better to have 13th month bonus or without but incorporated into a higher monthly salary?

Unregistered 16-11-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149242)
Is it better to have 13th month bonus or without but incorporated into a higher monthly salary?

definitely 12 months, though you might get just slightly more in cpf from employer contribution if there's AWS.
plus you dont have the issue of not quitting earlier just to get the AWS

Unregistered 17-11-2020 09:18 PM

anyone knows if we have some chance to get MAC in december?

Unregistered 19-11-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149364)
anyone knows if we have some chance to get MAC in december?

At most a big mac for u

Unregistered 27-11-2020 11:21 PM

Welp at least NPAA secured. Now let's hope that our performance bonus will be good

Unregistered 28-11-2020 09:48 AM

Hope they don't cut the performance bonus....

Later they suddenly say C grade get 0.1 month and B grade get 0.2 month we are doomed lor.

Unregistered 28-11-2020 10:28 AM

How much PB does a C or B grader gets? First year in CS 🙂

Unregistered 28-11-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150110)
How much PB does a C or B grader gets? First year in CS 🙂

Depends on your scheme of service too

Unregistered 28-11-2020 01:01 PM

wisdom to keep quiet
 
often it is wise to not talk too much in the open. you all keep talking about it, skali really don't have. hope i getting my point across arrh

Unregistered 28-11-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150106)
Hope they don't cut the performance bonus....

Later they suddenly say C grade get 0.1 month and B grade get 0.2 month we are doomed lor.

This won't happen one. Cos they need to have disparity between poor and good performers to maintain the competitiveness and productivity. If ppl chiong to get good grades and they get these kind of bonus compared to a D grader getting 0, nobody will perform anymore.

Unregistered 28-11-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150110)
How much PB does a C or B grader gets? First year in CS 🙂

If first year default C then probably between 1.25 to 2. Usually 1.5

Unregistered 28-11-2020 06:19 PM

There is a percentage cut (less than 10%) for PB across the board.

Unregistered 28-11-2020 09:10 PM

Will promotion raise and merit increment be cut?

Unregistered 28-11-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150145)
Will promotion raise and merit increment be cut?

Maybe. If so, just too bad for those who promote or get a good grade this time round. It will leave a lifelong disadvantage since subsequent increments would take into account the last drawn.

Unregistered 28-11-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150136)
There is a percentage cut (less than 10%) for PB across the board.

hope u are right. 10% is reasonable for this climate. and the remaining 90% is still good

Unregistered 29-11-2020 08:03 AM

so a C grader will probably get 1-1.25 mth next Mar?

Unregistered 29-11-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150171)
so a C grader will probably get 1-1.25 mth next Mar?

a C grader at mx13 will be in this range.
the higher grade u are, the more bonus.

Unregistered 29-11-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150136)
There is a percentage cut (less than 10%) for PB across the board.

You are stating this as a fact. As such, I would like to know first before sharing with my colleagues, what is your source?

Unregistered 29-11-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150181)
You are stating this as a fact. As such, I would like to know first before sharing with my colleagues, what is your source?

u must be crazy to spread such rumour from an anonymous on the internet forum

Unregistered 29-11-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150136)
There is a percentage cut (less than 10%) for PB across the board.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Deltas72 29-11-2020 08:03 PM

Any idea if there will be PB for those in the education sector next year?

What was it like in the past for a GEO 5 or SEO 1 officer with grade of B or B+?

Unregistered 30-11-2020 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltas72 (Post 150199)
Any idea if there will be PB for those in the education sector next year?

What was it like in the past for a GEO 5 or SEO 1 officer with grade of B or B+?

There's no B+ for MOE. B or A.

B was around 2+ to 3+ for 2019 PB

A was up till 5.

For 2020 PB, hope for the best. Shouldnt fluctuate too much as Minister Chan said the AVC cut but ministry recognises through other means such as PB.

Unregistered 30-11-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150207)
There's no B+ for MOE. B or A.

B was around 2+ to 3+ for 2019 PB

A was up till 5.

For 2020 PB, hope for the best. Shouldnt fluctuate too much as Minister Chan said the AVC cut but ministry recognises through other means such as PB.

is it? didnt realise there is this news. hopefully the other means not giving some soveniour

Unregistered 30-11-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150256)
is it? didnt realise there is this news. hopefully the other means not giving some soveniour

s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/public-service-stands-with-rest-of-nation-to-face-tough-times-chan

I think this one. During the Mid year announcement.

Heng performance bonus will still be there. Or not cant imagine how all those who work and perform well in CS will feel

Unregistered 01-12-2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150263)
s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/public-service-stands-with-rest-of-nation-to-face-tough-times-chan

I think this one. During the Mid year announcement.

Heng performance bonus will still be there. Or not cant imagine how all those who work and perform well in CS will feel

wow.. really got mention.. finger crossed. haha

Unregistered 02-12-2020 11:11 AM

next March will still have pB, but i'm guessing the quantum will be reduced

Unregistered 03-12-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150365)
next March will still have pB, but i'm guessing the quantum will be reduced

i guess too. thats why i hope the 10% reduction that the other guy mention is true..
because 10% reduction is still ok. hsha

Unregistered 04-12-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150456)
i guess too. thats why i hope the 10% reduction that the other guy mention is true..
because 10% reduction is still ok. hsha

10% reduction in pb really not ok lah...already the pb is so low. Around 1
5 mths for C.

Unregistered 04-12-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150476)
10% reduction in pb really not ok lah...already the pb is so low. Around 1
5 mths for C.

i am basing on the fact that due to bad economics, we may receive even higher percentage cut.
so 10% is consider good.

1.5 = 10% cut still get 1.35

1.5 for avg performer should be a mx 13 or 12 drawing around 4 to 4.5k. so its about a $600 reduction only, i think its still ok


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2