Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81642)
Who issued you the merit letter?

My HOD. Going on leave next week so I got it earlier. Letter is dated next week. My C grade is the standard grade after promotion (last year) so I guess if I maintain I should be getting B next year?

Unregistered 19-03-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81632)
[QU2OTE=Unregistered;81631]Highly inaccurate statement. Mx13 c grade 1.75 is Totally inaccurate. And bonus varies across mx grades. I.e. mx12 c grade will get diff quantum as mx11 c grade.

Sad to see people who dunno anything anyhow spread wrong info and cause panic and distress

I meant to say mx11 and mx 11a share the same quantum. Just like how mx 13 and 12 share the same bonus quantum. Sorry if tt wasnt clear.

As for the 1.75mths pb, this is true. No reason to lie here. Maybe someone else with mx13 this yr can verify. When were you mx13? So i take it tt there really is an increase is bonus quantum across?[/QUOTE]

I am mx12 and c grade and I get 1.5. Can I confirm if u are saying that u are mx13 and c grade and get 1.75? If yes, let me just award u big cannon fairy title

Unregistered 19-03-2016 03:27 PM

merit increment

When we will receive our merit increment?

Unregistered 19-03-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81662)
I meant to say mx11 and mx 11a share the same quantum. Just like how mx 13 and 12 share the same bonus quantum. Sorry if tt wasnt clear.

As for the 1.75mths pb, this is true. No reason to lie here. Maybe someone else with mx13 this yr can verify. When were you mx13? So i take it tt there really is an increase is bonus quantum across?

I am mx12 and c grade and I get 1.5. Can I confirm if u are saying that u are mx13 and c grade and get 1.75? If yes, let me just award u big cannon fairy title[/QUOTE]

Erm grade C can have a few types of quantum each differing by about 0.1 mto. yes have seen pple get 1.75 for C.

Similarly for C+, some pple get 0.1-0.2 more or less than others with same grade.

Same goes for B.

Unregistered 19-03-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81661)
My HOD. Going on leave next week so I got it earlier. Letter is dated next week. My C grade is the standard grade after promotion (last year) so I guess if I maintain I should be getting B next year?

how did u maintain Bs?

Unregistered 19-03-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedOrangeYellow (Post 81660)
C+ is counted as above average. Most probably you got B but it got moderated by the bell curve. Well, at least you didn't get C or C-.

how to avoid getting C/C-?

Unregistered 19-03-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81669)
how to avoid getting C/C-?

You have to build relations with your superiors and take initiatives.

Unregistered 19-03-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81666)
how did u maintain Bs?

Continue to deliver good quality work - then again this is subjective. Really depends on your boss since it is pegged to your CEP. As much as I would like to believe that bosses are supposed to grade impartially, your relationship with your boss is a consideration too.

Unregistered 20-03-2016 12:18 AM

End of the day, must be competent at work too, to me it's basic. The rest, like social skills, team work, trainable attitude-endorse it. Must account for the good grade with performance, that's priority. (Not the cliche bootlicking theory, please)

Unregistered 20-03-2016 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81687)
End of the day, must be competent at work too, to me it's basic. The rest, like social skills, team work, trainable attitude-endorse it. Must account for the good grade with performance, that's priority. (Not the cliche bootlicking theory, please)

I agree. While all these secondary traits matter too, what ties the soft skills and competence together is having great bosses to guide you and who are willing to fight for you during ranking exercises. It's never easy for everything to fall into place without some luck thrown in the mix but it's the surest way to achieve consistently good performance results.