Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2020 09:50 AM

PB bonuses were ringfenced from last year's budget.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 10:38 AM

Anybody knows whether there will be any increment next month?

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:06 AM

PB has already been determined end of last year. Stop being such a sour grape

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130645)
Anybody knows whether there will be any increment next month?

Think would have but the question is how much.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130637)
The unfortunate truth is that they need to retain talent. If not, many will join the private sector, and people like you may have nothing to eat.

The unfortunate truth is not many will dare to join the private sector where is a real need to compete in a global economy rather than throwing out slogans such as its is necessary to continue to upgrade yourself. Does anyone in civil service face retrenchment or cut in wages for failing to upgrade or are they just stuck in that role till retirement with minimal bonuses. The service is living in a bubble-wrapped world largely free of the pressures in the global economy and would be good if it is acknowledged. Do enlighten us on how many of the top public servants/talents actually make it in a private firm (not counting the govt-linked ones as its quasi private). Of the private sector have nothing to eat, Im quite sure that the civil service would have nothing to eat too.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 01:31 PM

is the PB quantum based on basic salary, monthly salary, or gross monthly salary? was told that my pb quantum should be 2.4 but it doesnt add up.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130659)
is the PB quantum based on basic salary, monthly salary, or gross monthly salary? was told that my pb quantum should be 2.4 but it doesnt add up.

based on gross.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130454)
Will PB be linked to variable merit increment? Say a ranking of 4 (or probably C) will lead to increment of $X amount and a higher ranking means the merit increment is higher? Or is the increment based on one's CEP?

PSD had delinked merit increment and CEP some years ago. Your PB is based on the grade you got for the year of performance assessment. PB has never been linked to CEP.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluke1976 (Post 130598)
Hi guys,
Just wondering who actually gets A? I heard from wife there might only be one teacher in a cluster. And if get A, it is sure promotion of course.
Is that true? Just curious.


Confirm not true. I got two As before being promoted. My colleagues who received Bs year after year stagnant for some time. A or not is within the school and not in the cluster.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130590)
Odd. Those saying lower quantum...

I got higher than last year for the same grade. What gives?

You could have performed better this time round and that explains the higher quantum.
If you have been the top C+ or bottom C- last year and this, you might then notice a drop in the quantum.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 07:06 PM

For those who got promoted, will you receive a letter form HR or your Director?

Unregistered 22-03-2020 08:14 PM

For those who are getting bonus for the first time:

Your performance band reflects your ranking in the department (or what you call it) ~ for example, A means you are the 5% and so on.

The quantum may not be the same across the band. You may get C+ (or equivalent in your organisation) with your peers but you may receive either higher, same or lower than them. That quantum amount is decided by your boss based your performance for last calendar year.

If you are getting higher quantum than you peers in the same performance band., it may mean that you are rank higher than them within the C+ group.

Congrats and enjoy your bonus!

Unregistered 22-03-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130693)
For those who are getting bonus for the first time:

Your performance band reflects your ranking in the department (or what you call it) ~ for example, A means you are the 5% and so on.

The quantum may not be the same across the band. You may get C+ (or equivalent in your organisation) with your peers but you may receive either higher, same or lower than them. That quantum amount is decided by your boss based your performance for last calendar year.

If you are getting higher quantum than you peers in the same performance band., it may mean that you are rank higher than them within the C+ group.

Congrats and enjoy your bonus!

I think the percentage of staff who get A is between 0.5% and 1% in my ministry.

fluke1976 22-03-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130694)
I think the percentage of staff who get A is between 0.5% and 1% in my ministry.

I believe A is just like a student getting into GEP
:)

Unregistered 22-03-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130694)
I think the percentage of staff who get A is between 0.5% and 1% in my ministry.

it depends on your ministry/ stat board. different ministry has different cut off.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130694)
I think the percentage of staff who get A is between 0.5% and 1% in my ministry.

I think mine SB is normally 0% and granted exceptionally, because as I was told when I first joined, "A is perfect, no one is perfect". Which is a silly thinking to me.

Unregistered 23-03-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130655)
The unfortunate truth is not many will dare to join the private sector where is a real need to compete in a global economy rather than throwing out slogans such as its is necessary to continue to upgrade yourself. Does anyone in civil service face retrenchment or cut in wages for failing to upgrade or are they just stuck in that role till retirement with minimal bonuses. The service is living in a bubble-wrapped world largely free of the pressures in the global economy and would be good if it is acknowledged. Do enlighten us on how many of the top public servants/talents actually make it in a private firm (not counting the govt-linked ones as its quasi private). Of the private sector have nothing to eat, Im quite sure that the civil service would have nothing to eat too.

I spent 10 years in the private sector before joining the CS and we don stuck here like eat waste rice, we do some real work that private sector won’t see...

How we burn our weekends to try and slow the COVID 19 spread et al

Unregistered 23-03-2020 11:54 AM

MI?
 
Anyone informed of the quantum for MI? For info, I got a B with bonus abt 3mths.
Just hope that MI for this year can be left untouched.
But we can all expect Mid year and year end bonuses to be zero as they r tied to the economy.

Unregistered 23-03-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130725)
Anyone informed of the quantum for MI? For info, I got a B with bonus abt 3mths.
Just hope that MI for this year can be left untouched.
But we can all expect Mid year and year end bonuses to be zero as they r tied to the economy.

You will know next week.

Unregistered 23-03-2020 05:04 PM

Will one be informed of one's promotion by direct boss? If one had jumped 2 grades for PB grading, is it confirmed for promotion?

Unregistered 23-03-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130747)
Will one be informed of one's promotion by direct boss? If one had jumped 2 grades for PB grading, is it confirmed for promotion?

What is the jump in 2 grades?

Unregistered 23-03-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130747)
Will one be informed of one's promotion by direct boss? If one had jumped 2 grades for PB grading, is it confirmed for promotion?

You went from:
C to A?
D to B?
E to C?

If you ask around, most people say must get 2 consecutive Bs (or above) to be eligible for promotion. A "Best in progress" award probably doesn't help.

Unregistered 23-03-2020 11:51 PM

Eh PB havent bank in cannot go bang ley

Unregistered 24-03-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130761)
Eh PB havent bank in cannot go bang ley

It's in already.

Unregistered 24-03-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130767)
It's in already.

Ya la, the normal type and the low type of cause in la. Zzz

Unregistered 24-03-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130761)
Eh PB havent bank in cannot go bang ley


Bang the wall?

Unregistered 24-03-2020 08:29 PM

C+ whats the usual quantum?

Unregistered 24-03-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130795)
C+ whats the usual quantum?

Which MX level are you?

Unregistered 24-03-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130797)
Which MX level are you?

i'm a MX13. haha

Unregistered 25-03-2020 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130747)
Will one be informed of one's promotion by direct boss? If one had jumped 2 grades for PB grading, is it confirmed for promotion?

Might not be your direct boss but higher up. Jump two grades means more quantum. Promotion is not guaranteed. Jumping two grades is rather rare, unless previous grading was for year of promotion.

Unregistered 25-03-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130768)
Ya la, the normal type and the low type of cause in la. Zzz

And what is your "type"?

Now everywhere close because of covid, you want to go bang also cannot. Too bad for you. Maybe bang your head lo~

Unregistered 25-03-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130641)
I am from the private sector so I would be as fair as I can here. They can have their bonuses and stuff because that is part of their pay package. It was clear when I joined the private sector that I have a much bigger ambition than what the CS can provide opportunity for (am in Banking) and honestly I hate the layers of reporting and appraisal.

Fast forward 10 years, I got to say, I had good times where the bonus is undeclared to the public and it is in the region of 6 to 10 months. I had my bad times where my entire unit was merged and 80% of my colleagues were released within days. I always know job security is never part of the equation for my job and businesses come and go.

I am actually happy that our government provided our CS with a good pay package and never shut down like our friends in US when there is a political deadlock. Those in the CS, no matter talented or not as claimed earlier, need to eat and cloth their families. They have taken the well travelled path with job security while the rest of us explore uncharted terrain and potentially gain Instant richness.

They are our brothers and sisters as well. My son and daughter go to school where they are taught well, I want the neighborhood safe with police presence, I want people to defend us 24/7 and Most recently, I want frontliners when the Covid 19 virus comes to our shore. The list goes on. They also deserve their pay for their hard work. Just that it was declared In public shouldn’t make it a subject of hate for the rest of us. It has always been a choice. If you feel the public sector is all that wonderful, then go join them. I do have many colleagues who was from CS and was so happy that they managed to get out of CS. The grass may not always be greener on the other side. Each his best.


Finally.....someone who speaks wisely. May the force be with you sir or madam for that matter!

Unregistered 25-03-2020 12:03 PM

Mx11 c increment what to expect

Unregistered 25-03-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130595)
The lowest PB in my 7-year career...
C - 1.25

oh no... what did you do? or not do? did you offend anyone?

Unregistered 25-03-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130828)
oh no... what did you do? or not do? did you offend anyone?

C is a standard grade in fact. Don't think poster has done something wrong. The main reason why it is his lowest PB could be lower quantum across all grades due to poor market condition.

Unregistered 25-03-2020 03:41 PM

Increment in [email protected]
 
When will increment be reflected in [email protected]?

Unregistered 25-03-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130838)
When will increment be reflected in [email protected]?

You can check your salary scale on 1 Apr

Unregistered 25-03-2020 05:26 PM

I dun have any B in the last 7 years. Only 2 C+..Got chance to promote? Im MX11..

Unregistered 25-03-2020 07:44 PM

Difference in appraisal grading & PB grading
 
I join my org since 2018 and I did my appraisal with my boss and received Very Good. Suddenly, when PB was given, i was told I got moderated and got a lower grade with 2 moths pay instead. What does that mean?

Unregistered 25-03-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130857)
I join my org since 2018 and I did my appraisal with my boss and received Very Good. Suddenly, when PB was given, i was told I got moderated and got a lower grade with 2 moths pay instead. What does that mean?

Grade adjustments may happen when benchmarked across different departments


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2