Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 16-03-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81414)
He is aware of his own abilities. Such workers know that they will get an average grade which is C.

We were told we will receive the PB letter by 3rd week of March, is this week considered the 3rd week of March?

Unregistered 16-03-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81414)
He is aware of his own abilities. Such workers know that they will get an average grade which is C.

Some ROs would tell their supervisees their grade before PB, some never say at all and leave the supervisees to find out for themselves, some tell during year end review. Different practices.

Unregistered 16-03-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81433)
Some ROs would tell their supervisees their grade before PB, some never say at all and leave the supervisees to find out for themselves, some tell during year end review. Different practices.

What your RO will tell you may not always be the grade you will get at the end.

Appraisal is a long and tedious process. After you are graded by your immediate ROs, these grades have to pass through the department system. Here, all the grades are laid out in front of the department management and different ROs will "fight" for their supervisees grades. Moderation will happen at this stage. Hence, the grade that you had started with might drop. Also, recommendations will be put forth on who should be promoted.

The next stage is to check the grades across departments within the same organisation. Here, all those who were recommended for promotion by the respective departments are discussed. There will be quotas to meet , some will be lucky while others will be unlucky, however those who are not promoted will get an above average grade.

Another meeting is also held to ensure that grades across departments within the same organisation is fair and not biased towards one particular department. This meeting is usually fast and quick as these staff are not up for promotions. There can be +- of 1 grade at this stage to maintain a bell curve.

Unregistered 18-03-2016 05:57 PM

Pb will be made known by mid-next week. If you are expecting promotion this round, pb will be attractive(additional one month to two depending on grade) all the best!

Unregistered 18-03-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81597)
Pb will be made known by mid-next week. If you are expecting promotion this round, pb will be attractive(additional one month to two depending on grade) all the best!

For us ministry PB grade out tonite midnight at pac@gov.. all the best!!.. and monday can enjoy the PB..

Unregistered 18-03-2016 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81607)
For us ministry PB grade out tonite midnight at pac@gov.. all the best!!.. and monday can enjoy the PB..

Ya ikr i want to see the quantum. Heard got differences from the usual this year. I am expecting a C tho cos i just got emplaced and promoted.

Anyone else out there camping too to see their pb?

Unregistered 19-03-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81620)
Ya ikr i want to see the quantum. Heard got differences from the usual this year. I am expecting a C tho cos i just got emplaced and promoted.

Anyone else out there camping too to see their pb?

Still cannot log in at all.

Unregistered 19-03-2016 01:34 AM

Got C+. MX11.

2.5 months.

Unregistered 19-03-2016 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81624)
Got C+. MX11.

2.5 months.

So whoever wrote the following is correct, at least in my case.

Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2015
jrbearus is on a distinguished road

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
oh but do you know what is the quantum for each grade?

Data is incomplete!

Non-graduate scheme (if no decision is taken to transfer to common scheme for both graduate and non-graduate)
B+ 1.6
B 1.5
B- 1.4
C+ 1.25
C 0.85

MXS 12/13
B 2.5
C+ 2
C 1.5

MXS 11
B 3
B- 2.85
C+ 2.5
C 1.75

MXS 10
C 2.5

Unregistered 19-03-2016 02:07 AM

Wierd i am in mx11a and last year i got 2months for default C, which is different from the chart above.

Anyone knows the PB for Mx11a ,grade B this year?