Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 28-03-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210881)
When will the bonus be credited in?

march 2023 for you

Unregistered 28-03-2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Civil Servant (Post 210736)
You have asked such an ignorant question that makes me think that you are really not suited to be in civil service and won’t go very far. If you truly understand the ethics and mission of civil service, the significance and value-addedness of a good civil servant for the betterment of society, you will know that “pleasing your bosses” should never be a driver of one’s work. One must do what’s right and fair, without fear or favors, in civil service.

There are 2 books I would strongly recommend that you read if you are really invested in your own professional capacity as a civil servant. Or maybe after reading, you might realize that you aren’t actually cut out for this work and should seek other pastures. Either way, hope the reading benefits you:

1. Neither Civil Nor Servant - The Phillip Yeo Story
2. The Leader, The Teacher, and You - Lim Siong Guan

You do not understand the relationship between the civil service and the government. Basically, only the elected government of the day has the mandate from the people to set the direction and make major decisions for the country. The civil service is just supposed to carry out the instructions given by political masters. This will cascade through the entire civil service, from HCS to PS and finally to individual civil servant. It's only right that civil servant carry out the instructions from superior carefully and dutifully as they are not likely to have the big picture view of why something is done. If your view of a good civil servant is to challenge the overall policy direction for "ethics" and not be "pleasing to your bosses", you will be better able to play this role as an opposition lawmaker, of course, you must have the mandate of the people to do so. Otherwise, you are just suggesting that the civil service of Singapore mirrors the practices of Thailand or Japan and be the "deep state" that tries to rule the country undemocratically. Shame on you for the falsehoods you are trying to impress on an ignorant fresh grad.

Unregistered 28-03-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210758)
How to view salary range/ceiling in HRP?

Yes how to view? I also will like to know.

Unregistered 28-03-2022 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210731)
A fresh grad here who just entered civil service. will like to ask, if civil service bosses will prefer Yes Man, obedient kind of people to lead, or people who constantly feedback and seek to change and improve stuff type?

constructive comments please.

I don't understand why people in this thread want to over complicate, over analyse things. The answer is depends on your department, branch and division. You study your boss and work culture and you will know whether they like yes man or like staff who gives constant feedback and seek to change and improve stuff. Not all branches and division are the same.

Unregistered 28-03-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210896)
I don't understand why people in this thread want to over complicate, over analyse things. The answer is depends on your department, branch and division. You study your boss and work culture and you will know whether they like yes man or like staff who gives constant feedback and seek to change and improve stuff. Not all branches and division are the same.

Agree. The people make the place. Each place can thus be dramatically different.

Unregistered 28-03-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210906)
Agree. The people make the place. Each place can thus be dramatically different.

hence the three word reply of wisdom :D

Unregistered 28-03-2022 09:26 PM

LTA LTE 10 received B+ score. How much PB to expect? TIA

Unregistered 29-03-2022 08:35 AM

Receive promo letter but my pay only promoted to the minimum base salary of MX11A. Is this normal? Personally thought will be higher than base salary of the scheme..

Unregistered 29-03-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211021)
Receive promo letter but my pay only promoted to the minimum base salary of MX11A. Is this normal? Personally thought will be higher than base salary of the scheme..

Same thing happened to me when I was promoted from MX12 to MX11. Normal if your org likes to do that I guess.

Unregistered 29-03-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211021)

From political and economic point of view, that’s normal.. likely you will stagnant at 11A for long time. Fret not, PB quantum will be slighter higher given your higher Mx grade now.